Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Now comes one of the hard parts, drafting your constituion.
What is this thing?
This is a document that sets up your government and outlines how your micronation is governed. Most micronations have a codified constitution. That means that their constitution is on one document, which is written. Other micronations have an uncodified constitution. That means that their constitution is made up of a number of sources.
Pro and cons
There are both pros and cons for both codified and unmodified constitutions.
- Is considered "higher law"
- Clear rules
- Can be found in one place
- Fewer spaces for a constitutional crisis
- Will be slow to amend (especially if you have a big population) and may not be up for times
- More flexible
- Easier to amend and thus more modern
- More documents to look through (especially if you are unorganized like me :( )
- Documents have the same status of other laws, which means rights can be easily amended
I am the law. Do I really need a constitution of some sort?
Yes. If you do not have this / these document(s), then you won't legally have the power to "be the law"
This guide will focus on creating a codified constitution.