Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Church of Lutherania
|This article is of poor quality and needs improvement. You can help improve the article by editing it. The discussion page may contain suggestions.|
The Church of Lutherania is the offical state church in the Kingdom of Lutherania. The church is Pagan in doctrine but christian in its organisation. The Lutherania Monarch is the Supreme Governor of the church with the Archbishop as the churchs Spritiual leader. Whilst the Archbishop is the day to day representative of the Church the Monarch retains all the powers invested in being the head of the Church.
Church of Lutherania: The Highest section of the state Church where the Monarch reigns as supreme governor over the collection of church that make up the state church. The Heart of the Church is represented by the Grand Synod in the Lutherania Parliament and by the Holy Imperial See who keep a check that the book of church law is being kept and that the church stays within religious boundries.
Church of Mull:Centred in the Mountains of the Grand Duchy of Mull this section of the Church is controlled by the Supreme Governor with Their representative the Bishop of Mull leading the Church.
Church of Iona,Ulva,Staffa: These smaller sections of the church each have their own Bishops who like the Bishop of Mull and the Archbishop sit in the Grand Synod.
- The Monarch is Supreme Govenor of the Church of Lutherania in the same style as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is in England. The current Monarch His Majesty King Michael I has all the powers invested in him by the act of supremacy but these powers are carried out by the Archbishop on his behalf
- The Archbishop of Lutherania is the next highest ranking official from the church of Lutherania and carries out the Supreme Govenership of the Church on the advice of the Monarch. The Archbishop also carries out services for the Imperial Family as well as citizens of the Kingdom
The Provisions of St Catherine
The Church of Lutherania is bound by the provisions os St Catherine as the Parliament of the realm is bound by the Provisions of Halewood.
Provisions of St Catherine.
The Provisions of St Catherine establishes Rights and Privileges of the church of Lutherania and also the Restrictions to the church’s powers.
The Grand Synod:
1. Legislation. To pass measures dealing with the government of the church and its institutions (e.g. Benefices measure) To pass canons determining doctrine and the form of worship (e.g. discipline of the clergy) 2. To approve the liturgy and make other rules and regulations through Acts of the Synod. 3. To regulate relations with other churches. 4. To consider and express their opinion on any matters of religious or public interest. 5. To approve or reject the annual budget of the church.
1. Elected for 5 year periods of office elections of the archbishop happen separately from the Grand Synod elections a year and a day later. 2. Church legislation is passed by the archbishop and then the monarch. 3. The archbishop chairs meetings on church polices, services etc and reports to the monarch. 4. The archbishop must remain pacifist. 5. The archbishop is “above” state politics. 6. The archbishop can not hold an office relating to the military unless requested so by the nation. 7. The archbishop is the only person eligible to be tried in a church court chaired by the monarch. 8. The Archbishop must uphold the book of church law, but can make changes with the approval of the Grand Synod, Royal council and the monarch. 9. The archbishop is paid by the state funds allocated to the church. 10. The Archbishop can ask the government for additional funds. 11. The church is part of the state but must look after itself.
1. The church can not force worship on the people.
2. Must abide by the book of church law, 39 articles, and measures of the Grand Synod.
3. The Church must fund itself.
4. The Church has no political power in the nation outside religious matters.
5. Uses the Book of Common Prayer.
The Church of Lutherania is the Supreme Church in the Kingdom and Grand Duchy but the other Constituent countries have their own churches.
Church of Lutherania- Archbishop of Lutherania Church of Iona - Bishop of St Paul Church of Staffa - Bishop of Staffa Church of Ulva - Bishop of St John
The Archbishop is acting head of the church and prelate of the Holy See all lower Bishops are subordinate to them and the supreme governor. The Bishops each have a seat in the Grand Synod and the Holy See. Apart from Staffa the bishops are named after disciples so each new bishop adds to a province takes the name of a remaining disciples name to his title.
List of Archbishops
2008-2010: Andrew Bruffell