2021 in the MicroWiki community
|While MicroWiki articles do not require references, this article needs additional citations for verification. You can help by finding reliable sources and adding them. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2020)|
|Years in the MicroWiki community|
2021 (MMXXI) is the current year. It is a common year starting on Friday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2021st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the twenty-first year of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century, and the 2nd year of the 2020s decade. It succeeds 2020, and precedes 2022, and will mark MicroWiki's sixteenth anniversary in May.
2021 has many scheduled events, as well as predictions, and will begin amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Politics, diplomacy and conflicts
- The Grand Unified Micronational election was concluded on 1 January, with Jack Dean being elected as the 32nd Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, winning with 28 votes (62.2%). The turnout was 93.8%, the highest in the GUM's history.
- The 2021 Saspearian General Election was held through 22-24 January 2021. The total turnout was 40% (6 votes). The candidates, Anthony I, Rory McPhail, and Kasra won the election unopposed. The Saspearian National Party won two seats in Parliament (majority), and an independent candidate won one seat.
- The 2nd Cupertino Alliance chairmanship election was held from November 2020 to 4 January 2021. The candidates, Daniel Roscoe, Grand Duke of Australis and Logan Ross, Emperor of Aenopia. For the majority of the campaign period, candidate Daniel Roscoe held a lead in pre-polling until December 2020. On 4 January 2021, Logan Ross was declared the winner following the decision by Daniel Roscoe to drop out, citing overwhelming stress and external issues.
MicroWiki is predicted to reach its millionth edit by the end of the year. 2021 is the most common prediction in the Thirty-thousand Pool in which MicroWiki will reach 30,000 articles, with five users predicting so.
Micronationalists of the month
- December is omitted due to the Micronationalist of the Year being awarded.
- 2020 — the previous year
- 2022 — the following year
- 2021 in Baustralia
- History of the MicroWiki Community
- When Year 2021 Starts Around the World. TimeAndDate.com. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Chief, Editor (26 December 2020) Jack Dean beats Adam Belcher in historic win to become the next Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational. The Essexian Post. Retrieved 26 December 2020.
- MicroCon 2022
- MicroWiki on Patreon. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- Main page
- Roscoe, Daniel (31 January 2021) Luxor voted Micronationalist of the Month for January 2021. MicroWeekly at Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 7 February 2021.