2020 Lyteran General Election
All 11 seats to the Parliament of Lytera
7 seats are needed for a majority
The 2020 Lyteran general election was the first general election to be held in Lyteran history. The general election was held on Saturday 4th April, 2020.
The parliament was elected via the D'Hondt's method where the votes of only those political parties that receive at least a threshold percentage of the valid votes are taken into account. For the Lyteran Election, this threshold was 10% of the vote (or roughly 3 people voting for you)
- 14 February 2020 - Political Parties are made legal in Lytera
- 15 February 2020 - The Election is planned to be held in the Summer.
- 17 February 2020 - The Election date is moved to April 4th.
- 28 February 2020 - The LWCP focus their campaign on attacking the Royalists and LDA.
- 29 February 2020 - The voting system is switched to the D'Hondt method.
- 11 March 2020 - The King declares all campaigning to happen online due to coronavirus, though local campaigns can still be held if precautions are taken.
- 11 March 2020 - Nathan Speer, the mastermind of the The Octoberist Plot, is discovered to have been working with the LWCP. The LDA. calls for the party to be banned for working with someone who is considered an enemy of the state.
- 18 March 2020 - The UK announces it's schools are to chose, rendering the 'school ballot' plan useless.
- 23 March 2020 - The RLN announces it's final prediction for the election, taking in the factor that a majority of the LDA and LWCP supporters won't be able to vote.
- 25 Mar 2020 - The Royalist and LDA parties fight over policy law. The King backs the royalists and decides that if any more violence occurs before the election the LDA won't be allowed to run.
- 4 Apr 2020 - Election Polls open and close. the RLN begins reporting on the turnout as the night goes on.
- 5 Apr 2020 - Final Results come in. King Alex announces that the council will become more royalist, and that he will work with the Royalists to form a government.
Projections & Outcome
Projections for the election were varied. The Royal Lyteran News predicted a Royalist Majority, however, as a government run paper, this was foreseeable. What wasn't foreseeable was the Nationalist Party gaining a seat.
|The Royal Lyteran News (February Prediction - Based on the old system of voting)||9||1||2||1||0||Royalist Majority|
|The Royal Lyteran News (February Prediction - Recalculated based on new system)||8||0||3||1||1||Royalist Majority|
|The Royal Lyteran News (March Prediction)||10||0||2||1||0||Royalist Majority|
|Election Results||8||1||2||0||0||Royalist Majority|