Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
2013 Micronational Games
|2013 Micronational Games|
|Motto||Brotherhood and fraternity|
|Opening Ceremony||7 February|
|Closing Ceremony||17 March|
|Officially opened by||Premier Daniel Anderson|
|Preceded by||Secundomia 2010|
The Sirocco 2013 Micronational Games, officially the VII Micronational Games and formerly known as the 2013 Intermicronational Olympic Games, is an intermicronational sporting event currently being held in Sirocco from 7 February to 17 March 2013. It is be the seventh micronational games to be held. While initially scheduled for November-December 2012, delays saw the Siroccan government postpone the Games to reactivate interest on 19 December that year. The dates for the Games were finally confirmed by the Siroccan government on 28 January 2013, although the closing ceremony was moved to March 17 to allow for more participants and events on February 6.
There are fifteen athletes representing the eleven nations competing in the Games' twenty events. The Games are based in the cities of Alston (7-19 February), Havilland (20-23 February) and Rathlyn (24 February-17 March).
- 1 Bids
- 2 Participants
- 3 Events
- 4 Medal count
- 5 Broadcasting
- 6 Sponsorship
- 7 International Reactions
- 8 References
Bidding for the then-2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games opened on 5 August 2012 with the Siroccan bid and closed on 24 August 2012. Four micronations confirmed their bids — Sirocco, Hamlinia, Caladonia and Juclandia.
- Sirocco: Sirocco confirmed its bid for the 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games on 5 August 2012.
- Hamlinian Republic: The Hamlinian Sports Association announced on 7 August that it was considering bidding for the 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games, with the bid being confirmed on 8 August. In a statement on August 14, Hamlinian Sports Association chairman Casey Hamlin announced that the Hamlinian bid had been withdrawn and that the Association gave its support to the Siroccan bid. Hamlinia re-entered the bidding process on August 20.
- Caladonia: Caladonia announced its bid on the MicroWiki Forums on 15 August 2012 with the publishing of their bid logo.
- Juclandia: The Government of Juclandia discussed at one of its meetings the possibility of Juclandia to put forward a bid for the 2012 Intermicronational Olympics. An hour before bidding officially closed, the Juclandian Government decided to proceed with the bid.
- Kinsovea: Kinsovea nominated Oreo City to be the host city for the 2012 Intermicronational Games on 14 August 2012 before withdrawing its bid on August 17.
- Danland: Danland put forward its bid for the 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games on 16 August 2012 to compete with the Siroccan bid. Its bid was cancelled by the Intermicronational Olympic Committee on August 18 after its leader vandalised part of the MicroWiki site.
Voting finished at 11:59pm GMT on 8 September 2012. Sirocco's victory was announced by the Sirocco Times at 3:12am GMT (3:12pm Sirocco time) on 9 September.
|2012 Intermicronational Olympics bidding results|
Bid logo gallery
Sirocco (5 Aug-8 Sep)
Hamlinian Republic (8-14 Aug, 20 Aug-8 Sep)
Caladonia (15 Aug-8 Sep)
Danland (16-18 Aug)
The following nations are attending the 2013 Micronational Games:
Saint Luke and Amager
|Craitland||Craitman H. Pellegrino (checkers)|
|Molossia||Kevin Baugh (athletics)|
|Prsänëa||James Wilary (50m walk, 50m run, 100m walk, 100m run, 300m walk, 300m run, checkers, chess)|
|Renasia||Kuri Kabanov (chess)|
|Rukora||Tom Turner (50m walk, 50m run, 100m walk, 100m run, 8km walk, train dash)|
|Saint Luke and Amager|| Edward Jacobs (chess)|
Leon Simpson (chess)
Sebastian Schriber (chess)
|Sirocco||Daniel Anderson (50m walk, 50m run, 100m walk, 300m walk, 8km walk, chess, shotput)|
|Überstadt||Adam I (50m walk, 50m run, 100m walk, 100m run)|
|USLSSR|| Rory Cahill (EU3)|
Alex Whitmarsh (EU3)
|Wyvern|| Bradley of Dullahan (50m run, 100m run, checkers, chess, EU3, shotput)|
Quentin I (50m run, 100m run, checkers, EU3, shotput)
|Zealandia|| Håkon Lindström (train dash)|
Amanda Lindstrom (swimming)
The following nations expressed interest in attending the 2013 Micronational Games but ultimately did not attend:
Union of Draegan Republics
Barnaby Hands confirmed on 29 January 2013 that Senya would be boycotting the Games due to a personal disagreement with Daniel Anderson. George Cruickshank of Atlantium and Ciprian I of Juclandia also confirmed on 29 January that their nations would not take part in the Games for differing reasons. President Casey Hamlin of the Oasis Islands made the executive decision to not participate on 4 February, citing prior obligations, while David Salapa of Ultamiya confirmed on 6 February that his nation would not be participating in the Games.
Danland did not attend in the games, due to him focusing more on MicroWikia and due to the micronation participating in MicroWikia's Harmony Games held by June-July 2013. This is also due to the nation's ongoing reorganisation.
| 50m walk
| 50m freestyle
Europa Universalis III
The Siroccan Broadcasting Corporation (SBC) is responsible for the broadcasting of the Games, and will manage the distribution of content to other micronational broadcasters.
The 2013 Micronational Games are being sponsored by Dominion Chocolate, the Institute of Scientific Research, LogoWorks Sirocco, the National Centre of Computing, National Post and Telegraph and the Sirocco Times. The Kingdom of Wyvern also offered to assist in event organisation.
- 25px King Jimmy I, the sovereign monarch of the Kingdom of Torga named the 2013 Micronational Games "a glowing representation of how far the micronational community has gone" on March 9th, 2013.
- The Sirocco Times (19 December 2012) "2012 Olympics postponed to 2013" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- The Sirocco Times (28 January 2013) "Government confirms Olympic dates" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- MicroWiki Forums (28 January 2013) "2013 Intermicronational Olympic Games" Daniel Anderson. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- The Sirocco Times (5 August 2012) "Sirocco puts forward bid for 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- The Hamlinian Times (7 August 2012) "Hamlinian Sports Association Prospects Olympic Hopes" Hamlinian News Network. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- The Hamlinian Times (8 August 2012) "Hamlin Announces Hamlinian Olympic Bid" Hamlinian News Network. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- The Hamlinian Times (14 August 2012) "BREAKING: Hamlinian Republic Drops Olympic Bid" Hamlinian News Network. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- MicroWiki Forums (20 August 2012) "RE: 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games" Casey Hamlin. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- MicroWiki Forums (15 August 2012) "RE: 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games" Bradley Booth. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- MicroWiki Forums (14 August 2012) "RE: 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games" Kinsovea. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- MicroWiki Forums (17 August 2012) "RE: 2012 Intermicronational Olympic Games" Kinsovea. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Byzantium Chronicle (16 August 2012) "Danland to bid 2012 Intermicronational Olympics" King Daniel I. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- The Sirocco Times (9 September 2012) "Sirocco wins 2012 Olympics hosting rights" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- MicroWiki Forums (29 January 2013) "RE: 2013 Intermicronational Olympic Games" Barnaby Hands. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- All participating nations will play in DEFCON through a fully-AI game set hosted on Siroccan computers.