MicroWiki suffered a database corruption issue on 6 March and lost 24 hours worth of edits. Apologies for any disruption; we are looking into options of moving service to another provider.
For further information, please contact us on the Discord.
Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
2010 Intermicronational Chess Championship
|Intermicronational Chess Championship|
|Date||7 August 2010 - 16 September 2010|
List of Participants
On the 7th of August, the IMCF published a list of participants in the championship which was billed as final.
- Sovetus, Tsarist Empire of Gishabrun
- Kyng Fyrst, Slinky Empyre
- Jeremy Oakes, Principality of Optima
- Joe Foxon, Republic of Wyke
Players That Left The Tournament
- CJ Miller, Safiria (government fell on August 10)
The tournament format was single-knockout: anyone who loses a game is out of the the tournament.
The games of round 1 were played from 7 August to 10 September (UTC).
- Foxon - Fyrst = Foxon resigned before a move was made, citing political reasons.
- Sovetus - Oakes = Sovetus won by checkmate.
The Final games were played from 10 September to 16 September (UTC).
- Sovetus - Fyrst = Sovetus won by checkmate.
As a result of his victory, Sovetus was appointed Secretary General of the InterMicronational Chess Federation.
First Place: Sovetus
Second Place: Fyrst
Third Place: Oakes
Fourth Place: Foxon