Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 72,547 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 217,486 pages and 39,707 articles, of which 130 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The Indonesian micronations shock (Indonesian: Geger negara mikro) refers to the sudden popular interest and media frenzy to several communities with micronation-like characteristics exposed to the public in early January 2020, followed by harsh response from Indonesian authorities who arrested several founders of the communities that went viral. The shock began on 10 January 2020, when the existence of Keraton Agung Sejagat (Great Palace of the Universe) went viral among the Indonesian public after videos and photos of its grandiose royal parade circulated on Indonesian social media. Another community, Sunda Empire, was known later to the public on 15 January, after series of videos of its activities (most notably its "military" defiles) were exposed. (more...)
Onopolissia's large network of funicular railways spans the hillsides of Capital State. First introduced in December 2022, the funiculars have become a lifeline to roadless communities on the hills.
This month in history
- Establishment - Gymnasium State (1 Sep 2017), Protectorate of Cyrance (1 Sep 2022), Sealand (2 Sep 1967), Kingdom of Yeesland (3 Sep 2017), Flandrensis (4 Sep 2008), Democratic Republic of Seybold (8 Sep 2018), Markarpolis (9 Sep 2021), Midget Empire (9 Sep 2002), Kingdom of Juclandia (10 Sep 2001), Drew Star Line (5 Sep 2005), Indokistan (16 Sep 2010), Kingdom of Atlantis (20 Sep 2003), Empire of Austenasia (20 Sep 2008), St Peters Republic (Region of Clyro) (20 Sep 2011), Kingdom of Stabilitas (22 Sep 2020).
- Unknown - The Right Honourable Lord Axel is appointed Prime Minister of Wellmoore (2020)
- 1st - The Protectorate of Cyrance was established with the Treaty of Javana after the former Cyrianic Federal Republic dissolved on 31 August in the same year (2022).
- 5th - The Confederation of Awesome annexes the Union of Samian City States after a referendum in the USCS shows 60% of citizens favor annexation (2010).
- 6th - Jonathan (II) succeeds Daniel (I), becoming Second Midget Master (2004).
- 10th - King's Day in Juclandia (born 1997); Elena Iliescu, founder of Juclandia, dies (2005)
- 18th - The coronation of Emperor Esmond III takes place in the Imperial Residence (2010).
- 22nd - The Kingdom of the Dale Empire transitions into the Dale Republic (2011).
- 24th - The founders of the Republic of Ceneda ratified their constitution (2022).
- 25th - Ela'r'oech's first constitution is ratified, marking it's foundation and the end of the Old Elarian Nations.
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that while Austenasia has both a House of Representatives and a Senate, only the former is part of the parliament?
- The Empire of Austenasia yesterday celebrated Independence Day, marking fifteen years since the Declaration of Independence was sent in September 2008...
- Prospective students can now register for online classes with the Imperial University of Austenasia. Earlier today saw an online form for this purpose published by Lord Sander Koff...
- The Weather Bureau in Bran District issued a tropical storm watch for Breco Territory and other Southern California based micronations on Friday afternoon. The watch came after a system developing west of Mexico began to move north towards California. The system is expected to clear the California region by Monday after heavy rainfall...
- In the magnificent city of Ypres, the conference gathered many "big ones" from Europe and North America. Organized by the Royal Republic of Ladonia and the Grand-Duchy of Flandrensis. This first edition of MicroCon EU started right on time at 9 am last Saturday...
- The 10th of August saw a new Prince installed, along with the 11th seeing a new Chancellor sworn in. The two ceremonies marked different forms of new Draculian history, given that a Prince had never been crowned, and a Chancellor being a non-original founder...
- The Prezan Military Academy, a tuition-free, academic institution in Dracul, has opened its enrollment for the final summer class (Class 13). The deadline for signing up is August 13th...
- Anthony I, Emperor of Saspearian and longtime delegate of Saspearian to the MA, has been elected as the 17th Chairman of the Micronational Assembly following a narrow victory in the July 2023 Chairman Election. The election was the first Chairman election in the MA's recent history that permitted voting for all delegates...
- Last year, the Founding Person’s group, acting on behalf of Parliament during their closure, had a vote pass to change the national flag of Dracul. Since 2017, Dracul had been using a horizontal tricolor, with a Welsh dragon centered...
- 27 Aug: Emperor and Empress return from honeymoon
- 4 Aug: Condemnation of the Niger Invasion
- 20 Jul: Candidates announced for non-residential elections
- 5 Jul: Imperium Ratifies GUM Charter and Recognizes Republic of Artsakh
- 4 Apr: Samizdat joins the Intermicronational Union
- 4 Apr: Alsann football: Kersika City & League One reveal branding
- 2 Apr: Lyteran B-Series Notes Unveiled
- 2 Apr: Ádám Salda competes for Bolgajna in the F1 Hungary League.
- 1 Apr: The story of the Bolgánys. Part 2 - Turks and Bolgánys
- 1 Apr: Adammic Air Force publishes new recruitment ad
Analysis and opinions
- SBC News (21 June) Issues concerning the Micronational Assembly; Revisited
- Titus Pergeleus (13 Feb) Opinion: Misinformation campaign against Rhōmanía will fail.
- Stephen Luke (12 Feb) Opinion: Are Chinese Balloons Threats to Micronations and Others?
- Multipolar World (12 Jan) Micronations and Lèse Majesté laws
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty (25 Dec) The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2022
- Adammic Online Broadcasting (25 Dec) The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast
- Stephen Luke (27 Oct) Micronational warfare: What is it good for and when is it suitable?
- The Assayer (2 Oct) Did I ever tell you about the time I was an Emperor?
- Austenasian Television Productions (13 Aug) Banstead Heath and Colley Hill 1.5.2023 IGS Expedition
- Micro Improvement (21 Jul) S2E10: MicroCon ‘23 Results & Event Planning
- Micro Improvement (17 Feb) How To MicroWiki with Charles Ross
- Sendersia (4 Feb) Kybistani volunteers training video
- Micro Improvement (27 Jan) Micronational Burnout
- Sendersia (27 Jan) Sendersian patriotic warsong - We're not afraid of you, Krlesia!
- Micro Improvement (13 Jan) Why So Serious, with Kevin Baugh
- All Endings - Rank Republic of Bolgajna (16 Oct) The alternate history of Osztróvia Province