Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Difference between revisions of "YAMO"
(Tags: Mobile edit, Mobile web edit)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 23:20, 31 July 2020
YAMO is an acronym for the phrase "Yet Another Micronational Organization," which is commonly used as a disparaging epithet for intermicronational organizations and international non-governmental organizations. The term when applied to an organization has multiple critical connotations, including serving no useful purpose, failing to perform an intended purpose, attempting to fill the role served by an already extant organization, being operated by inexperienced or incompetent leaders, and being unstable or short-lived.
YAMO is a common phrase found in journalism covering the MicroWiki community.
Micronational Commonwealth is one of organisations that were criticised by micronational community and have been called "YAMO".
There is no clear line between "YAMO" and a normal micronational organisation.
|This article may include irrelevant or excess examples. Please help improve this article or discuss these issues on the talk page.|
The use of YAMO has spawned several related, more specific phrases, which disparage the creation of projects which have failed in the past, usually by inexperienced micronationalists. Examples include:
- YAMUN - Yet Another Micronational United Nations, in reference to the macronational United Nations, referring to IGOs which attempt to consolidate many micronations to dictate international law and norms. Particularly used in comparison against the Grand Unified Micronational, or historically the Organization of Active Micronations, but also with regards to these organizations.
- YAM - Yet Another Micronation.
- YAMA - Yet Another Micronational Association.
- YAMSE - Yet Another Micronational Stock Exchange.
- YAMTO - Yet Another Micronational Treaty Organization - Referring to defense compacts, alluding to the macronational North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- YAM'D - Yet Another Micronational Discord - Termed by Jayden Lycon, it refers to the many micronational Discords and used comparison against MicroWiki@Discord.
- YAMMS - Yet Another Micronational Minecraft Server - Termed by Zarel Smith, it refers to the micronational Minecraft server phenomenon started after Tony Sweigart starting his Minecraft server.
- YAMTOES - Yet Another Micronational Total Orginisation of Elite Stuff - coined by Iggy of Centralia, it refers to the countless secretive micronational chatrooms that aim to be as infamous as TOES.