World Micronational Alliance
|Secretary- General||Alexander Connery|
|Vice Secretary-General||Alex Whitmarsh|
|Foundation||the 24 January 2010|
|Members||9 (not counting sub-micronations)|
|Recognised languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Azerbaijani|
The World Micronational Alliance was a micronational organization with the purpose of obtaining international cooperation on economic, social and cultural progress, human rights, environment and international security. With regard to international security in particular have the purpose of maintaining world peace through effective prevention and prosecution of violations and threats addressed to it. Also aims to help new micronations developing.
Article 1 and 2 of the Charter of the W.M.A. summed up the aims and principles which the international organization has set out to achieve:
- Maintaining peace and international security;
- Promote resolution of international disputes peacefully and resolve situations that could lead to a breach of the peace;
- Develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equality between states and self-determination of peoples;
- Promote economic and social cooperation;
- Promote respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms for the benefit of all individuals;
- Promote disarmament and the regulation of armaments;
- Promote respect for international law and encouraging the progressive development and its codification.
- Promote and help grow micronations
- General Assembly. The General Assembly was the main deliberative assembly of the Alliance. Composed of all Alliance Heads of state of member states, the assembly was the most important organ.
- Security Council. The Security Council was charged with maintaining peace and security among countries. While other organs of the Alliance can only make 'recommendations' to member governments. The Security Council was formed by elected generals by the General Assembly.
- Economic and Social Council. The Economic and Social Council assisted the General Assembly in promoting international economic and social cooperation and development.
- International Court of Justice.
The 1st Alliance General Assembly took place from July 29, 2010 until August 5, 2010.
The 2nd Alliance General Assembly began on August 22, 2010, and ended on September 3, 2010.
The Independent Micronational was created as the WMA's Official Newspaper on August 27, 2010.
The 3rd Alliance General Assembly began on October 17, 2010.
The 4th Alliance General Assembly began on October 19, 2010.