Union of International Football
The Union of International Football, or the UIF, is a federation of football associations, aimed predominantly towards micronations, microstates and regions that operate representative football teams and are ineligible for other non-FIFA governing bodies such as FIFA and ConIFA, established originally in July 2015 to compete against the Micronational Football Association that UIF members consider to have failed on fulfilling on its role to organise teams effectively and its apparent inactivity, denied by the MFA president. Following its establishment the UIF fell into a state of inactivity before being revitalised in late September 2016 with the goal of being more restrictive to attract more active 11-a-side teams and considers itself more of a forum for non-FIFA teams looking for fixtures and competitions rather then a competitor to the like of ConIFA to which it seeks a friendly relationship.
|Union of International Football|
|Formation||16 July 2015|
|Headquarters||Woking, United Kingdom|
The organisation is governed primarily by the UIF Congress consisting of its member FAs, and the UIF Congress was formed to provide the governing body with an increased amount of democracy and transparency then that exercised by the President governed MFA. Each full UIF member as well as the President of the UIF who is also given 1 vote in the UIF Congress while observer members are given no voting powers but can participate in UIF Congress discussions.
As well as this organising committees are formed in order to plan and prepare for upcoming competitions. However, because competitions are organised by the UIF, and not a single host FA, the organising committee is made up of a number of local FAs and other micronations to participate and increase interest and participation in competitions and supporting fans.
When the organisation was revived it ditched the tiered structure, simplifying it to Full members and Observer members. Full members have competed in at least 1 11-a-side fixture, while observer members are yet to complete a fixture.
The UIF has a President who oversees the running of the organisation. The president is elected by the UIF Congress annually with both all members entitled to vote in the election.
|Danny Clarke||Surrey||16 July 2015 to Present|
The membership requirements are;
- All Nations applying must submit
- All nations applying must submit an FA logo (this can be COA)
- All nations applying must submit at least a named 11-a-side squad
- All nations applying must submit a national anthem, and should send us a link to the music of it (without vocals) to us
- All nations applying must submit a flag
- All nations applying must submit a named UIF delegate
- All nations applying must play at least 1 11-a-side fixture in a 1 year period, or be demoted to observer status
- Any nations applying to participate in a UIF competition must play 1 11-a-side fixture at least 12 months prior to the competitions start date
|SRY||Surrey||International Surrey Football||Men's||2014||2016||Europe|