Treaty of Union (Leylandiistan and Gurvata)
The Treaty of Union between Leylandiistan and Gurvata was the document signed by Fionnbarra Ó Cathail of the Democratic Republic of Leylandiistan and Pádraig Ó Ceocháin of the Republic of Gurvata which merged the two nations, forming the Confederation of Leylandiistan & Gurvata. The document was signed at 18:25 GMT on 30 August 2014. It set out the Confederation as being a diarchy of one representative from each constituent, a system which was maintained for the duration of the nation's existence.
|Treaty of Union between Leylandiistan and Gurvata|
Flag of the Confederation of Leylandiistan & Gurvata, the state created by the Treaty
|Created||30 August 2014|
|Ratified||30 August 2014|
|Authors||Fionnbarra Ó Cathail|
|Signers||Fionnbarra Ó Cathail for Leylandiistan |
Pádraig Ó Ceocháin for Gurvata
|Purpose||To unify the states of Leylandiistan and Gurvata|
Content of the treaty
Preamble Recognising the mutual interests of the two said parties, and recognising that a state of union would strengthen both nations, the representatives of Leylandiistan and Gurvata agree to the following:
1. That the Republic of Gurvata and the Democratic Republic of Leylandiistan will exist as one state rather than two upon the signing of this treaty.
2. That the unified state would be known as the Confederation of Leylandiistan and Gurvata.
3. That one representative would be elected by each signatory of this treaty to act as Co-President.
4. The Co-Presidents would act as heads of state, and collectively act as a legislature
5. The Co-Presidents would meet as a government in a designated location within the territory of the Confederation. The designated location would become the capital of the Confederation.
6. As a legislative body, the Co-Presidents would have the authority to pass laws which would have effect over the territory of the Confederation. These laws, known as Acts, may be repealed or amended at any time.
7. The coat of arms and flag of the democratic Republic of Leylandiistan would become the national coat of arms and flag.
8. Treaties signed by signatories of this document between the said parties and other states or similar bodies will continue to have effect between the Confederation and the affected parties.
9. That any part of this treaty may be amended by the unanimous support of both Co-Presidents.
10. That this treaty may be withdrawn by the unanimous support of both Co-Presidents, resulting in the end of the state of union between Leylandiistan and Gurvata.
This treaty, upon the signature of both representatives, comes into force immediately.
Signed on this day, the 30th of August 2014 by: