Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
In micropatrology, themed micronationalism is a concept where micronations base one or more of their aspects on a particular theme. This is predominantly cultural, but can also extend to areas such as economics and religion.
Many themed micronations fall into at least one of four categories:
- Historic, where nations are themed around a particular historic era, or in some cases, draw their inspiration from "futuristic" elements. These are sometimes referred to as historical simulations.
- Geographic, where nations are themed around a particular nation or locale.
- Religious, where nations are themed around elements of various religions.
- Political, where nations are themed around a particular political basis, usually socialism or communism.
- Austenasian culture is greatly influenced by the Roman and "Byzantine" empires.
- Eganese culture is influenced by the video game Stardew Valley, the Republic of Madawaska, and the micronation of Molossia.
- Erephisia utilises elements of steampunk culture.
- Frieden takes most of its culture from Gaddafi-era Libya, adapting Symbolism, music and Language. Some elements come from other Arabic nations such as Syria, and Iraq.
- Imvrassian political activity has as a source of inspiration and influence both the Roman and ancient Greek history.
- Konraq is inspired both from the Kazakh Khanate while the government structure is fromQajar Persia
- Pavlov was inspired by medieval Rus principalities and Russia under Ivan Grozny, reintroducing the Oprichnina and the byname of Grozny for the Grand Prince.
- Phokland is heavily influenced by the the Holy Roman Empire and the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Renasian culture is derived from a science-based future in the mid-21st century.
- Sirocco is perhaps one of the best-known examples of historic theming with its basis on a nostalgic revival of 1950s America. Advertising, broadcasting, music and even its own calendar are all heavily inspired by the Atomic Age. While focus is based on the 1950s decade, it has been said that the country is inspired by the years 1945 to 1965. Some social elements of the era (such as racism) are discarded in order to create a nostalgic, rather than accurate, reflection of the 1950s.
- There is also a smaller, but notable element of 1990s technological culture in Sirocco, which is sometimes used with the more dominant 1950s culture for humourous effect (see right).
- St.Charlie has occasionally utilised 1970s and 1980s culture.
- Timerian culture is strongly influenced by the Pelasgian, Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman traditions.
- United Holy Kingdom of Beaulosagñe and the Knights Templar of the Holy Grail is the only one country, based on the European Medieval Knights Templar. The kingdom claims, being decendands from these heroic knights, through the disputed Larmenius charther and claims to be the only true guardians of the Holy Grail. https://cms.e.jimdo.com/app/cms/preview/index/pageId/2541575922?public=https://templar-kingdom.jimdo.com/about-1/larmenius/ "Map-North" according to the Templar Kingdom is East (towards Jerusalem)
- Wilcsland and its predecessors have all adopted Ancient Egyptian culture to varying degrees at differing times.
- Zealandian culture is partly based on 1980s pop culture.
- Pavlov is heavily based on the Russian culture, most notably on the medieval one and that of Ivan Grozny's period, but also deriving some elements from the modern-day Russian Federation.
- Zealandia draws heavily from Scandinavian culture, particularly that of Sweden, in order to create its own national identity. Zealandia has in the past been referred to as a "Sweden of the South Seas".
- Deseret is heavily influenced by Mormonism in most, if not all, areas of its culture and politics.
- Egan is influenced by the teachings of Paracelsus, and the Stardew Valley cult of Yoba.
- Pavlov introduced Eastern Orthodoxy as the official religion.
- Sandum culture is based around Buddhism.
- New Velothis grew from the Tribunal Temple Reconstruction community and is influenced heavily by it.
- United Holy Kingdom of Beaulosagñe and the Knights Templar of the Holy Grail is also called "the Protestant Vatican", or "the Vatican of the Iberia" being heavily influenced by it,
- Many small communist nations absorb politics into their everyday culture, and often draw upon North Korea and the Soviet Union for inspiration - Cuba and China have also been cited.
- Pavlov is known for reintroducing the Julian Calendar, banning atheism and all religions other than Eastern Orthodoxy, and Communism.
- Sirocco is notably different in that it draws upon anti-Communism to form part of its culture. This can be attributed to its Atomic Age mindset.