- This particular feed is intended to showcase the best micronational journalism, reporting on major issues.
- General content should be added to Template:Main Page/Internet newsfeed.
- Original entertainment content should be added to MicroWiki:Media/Entertainment.
- Analytical content and opinion pieces should be added to MicroWiki:Media/Other.
- Eight headlines only - when adding new links, delete the one at the BOTTOM OF THE LIST.
- If an addition to this feed is considered unsuitable by an administrator (e.g. should it not be from an approved publication (see below) or if the event reported on is not considered headline-tier), it will be moved to the appropriate newsfeed.
When adding headlines
- Please use the flag of the nation in which the publication is based. It is irrelevant as to whether or not the publication reports mainly on international news; if it has a micronation in which it is based or with which it is otherwise primarily affiliated, it should use that micronation's flag (in the same way, a BBC article would be given the British flag). The only current exception to this rule is the Coprieta Standard, given its complete lack of affiliation with any micronation.
- A truly well-written article's first sentence or two should be good preview text.
- Finish all previews with ellipses ("..."), even if the preview already finishes at the end of a sentence.
- Do not include bylines, datelines, or similar pre-article matter (e.g. "MINSK —" or "John Citizen —") in previews.
- Do not add "BREAKING". It is totally unnecessary.
- Instead of using the hyphen character, please consider using the dash character (–).
As of 23 April 2015, the administration has decided to put in place a policy to the effect that only approved publications may post news to the headlines newsfeed. We have in recent months seen numerous articles posted which were not of a quality deemed suitable for the headlines. The list of approved publications is below - if your publication is not on the list, then please do not add an article to this newsfeed, but to "Other news". Approved publications have been chosen for their acceptable standard of writing and journalism. ONLY AN ADMINISTRATOR may add (or subtract) from this list, but users are welcome to request that their publications be considered for inclusion.
- Abeldane Telegraph
- L'Sydunche (Abelden)
- The Acteriendian Evening Standard
- Adammic Express
- Amasburg Times
- Amerston Post
- Ashukovski Vesti
- Austenasian Times
- Burnham Micropress (Mercia)
- The Custodian (Glastieve)
- Daily Micronational
- Eodusian Gazette (Eodus)
- Eskhavn Guardian
- Gazet of Giddis (Flandrensis)
- GUM News
- IADP News
- Imperial State News (Lundenwic)
- The Indokistan Times
- Iustian Times
- Kirkburgh Courier
- Koningswyk Gazette (Natal)
- [lostisland.org Lostisland News]
- The Military Tribune (Sorrenia)
- Nemkhav News Service
- New Richmond Herald (Austenasia)
- Occidental Chronicle (Uberstadt/Doria)
- The Principality of Domanglia (publication)
- Quo Times
- The SiV Phonograph
- Telenot.jc (Juclandia, formerly known as Scânteia)
- themicronational (Mcarthia)
- Triumvirate National Press (Universal Triumvirate)
- Veritum Sandus
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A new policy concerning approved headlines has been put in place. Please ensure you have read and understood it before editing the newsfeed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of the Patriarch of the Principality of Hutt River, HRH Prince Leonard, who passed away peacefully in St John of God hospital 0945 WST Wednesday February 13th with his family by his side...
- On Sunday the 3rd of February, members of the Ruling Council gathered for an informal meeting at the Country Girl pub in Birmingham, UK, to discuss the nature of the wide-ranging constitutional reforms the government has been wishing to put forward. The most eye-catching proposal to come out of the talks was a revolutionary plan to create a bicameral legislature, which would include the current Ruling Council as its upper house and would have a new lower house...
- Emperor Jonathan I has chosen the candidates for next month’s general election. HIH Lord Admiral Joseph Kennedy, the incumbent Prime Minister, will be running for re-election against Lord Anthony Clark, Baron of Amerdansk. The general election will take place on 28 February...
- 24 Jan - Austenasia breaks population record
- Earlier today Austenasia’s population reached its highest number in history, with the registration of six new residents in New Richmond pushing the number of Austenasians up to 89...
- After a prolongued vote, MPs voted to annex new land to the South as per the New Frontier plan, originally proposed by the government. The vote passed with unanimous support from both parties...
- The Secretary of Botany and Welfare, Shassel Marlaryen, announced the negotiations on the New Frontier plan had concluded with a deal. As a result, Sabia and Verona will annex a swath of land south of Gonn in what is posed to be the largest acquisition of territory in the Kingdom’s history...
- His Imperial Majesty the Emperor has called a general election for 28 February 2019. Under the Constitution, the election would have had to have taken place on or before 3 March, which will be four years since the previous general election in 2015. Until 31 January, Representatives will be able to apply to the Monarch to be appointed Candidates...
- We are pleased to announce that the Grand Unified Micronational will be hosting the first major UK-based micronational summit since Polination 2012 this summer, at the University of Birmingham, in collaboration with the Adammic Ministry of Foreign Affairs...