Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Talk:Grand Unified Micronational
- 1 Joining GUM
- 2 September 2014 ELECTIONS
- 3 Agenda
- 4 When is the next Election? And where can I vote?
- 5 Flammancian GUM Observer status
- 6 Where do you sign your nation up?
September 2014 ELECTIONS
Calendar of the September 2014 GUM elections:
- August 28 - Nominations open
- September 4 - Nominations close; voting starts
- September 11 - Voting ends; winners announced
- September 13 - New term winners to take office
The rules for nominations and voting, as always, are as follows:
- Only registered delegates may stand for Chair, Secretariat positions or Supreme Judge - not nations.
- Voting may be done publicly or by private ballot to the Chairperson.
- Every office is limited to two consecutive terms per holder - if a delegate has all ready served two consecutive terms, they cannot stand for a third term to that exact office
- The offices of Chair, any of the Secretariat departments and Supreme Judge are all mutually incompatible - candidates may not run for any of these offices simultaneously.
- Only full members and their delegates may stand for election and vote in elections.
- Member states have one vote per office (1 vote for a Chair, 1 vote for a Supreme Judge, 1 vote for each department of the Secretariat)
- Any candidate may endorse another candidate, but in doing so forefit their right to stand for the office their endorsee is standing for.
- Any candidate can withdraw their nomination at any time.
- Candidates must nominate themselves, or must have been nominated by the sitting Chairperson at their request.
- Elections use the First Past The Post voting system. The candidate with the highest number of votes wins. If the election goes to deadlock, a run-off is held between the tied candidates.
- The Vice-Chair shall be appointed in the following way: the newly elected Chair shall select a delegate, who must be confirmed as Vice-Chair by the Quorum to be appointed as such. If the Quorum does not, then the Chair shall select other delegates until the Quorum accepts one. In this way, the holder of the office shall enjoy the confidence both of the Chair and of the Quorum as a whole.
If you wish to run for election, either:
- Put the name of your candidate or nation under the appropriate heading below (new names always go at the bottom of each list)
- Message the name of your candidate or nation, specifying the office or council they are standing for, to Joseph Kennedy (via Skype).
Chair of the Quorum of Delegates
- Joseph Kennedy
- Adam Belcher
- HIM Taeglan I Nihilus
Secretary for Security and Community Affairs
- HIM Emperor Jonathan I
Secretary for Media and Public Relations
- Sebastian Schriber
Secretary for Culture and Education
- Andrew Creed
- Richard Cunningham
Secretary for Science and Research
- Kuri Kabanov
Quorum of Delegates
|Grand Unified Micronational: 29 June 2014 Quorum, 20:00 UTC|
Please feel free to add things you wish to be discussed about, all issues, events and other comments, below.
When is the next Election? And where can I vote?
When is the election? And where do vote?
- As you do not represent a GUM member state, you cannot vote in any GUM election. Also, next elections are in September. ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR (talk) 19:36, 1 August 2014 (BST)
Flammancian GUM Observer status
Please forgive me if I am mistaken, but I believe that Marland ratified that GUM charter, even if we are not full members. I also received a communiqué from H.I.M. Emperor Adam I stating that, since we had dropped out of Provisional Membership status, Flammancia became an observer to the GUM. I have documentation in the form of messages on Skype if needs be, but I decided that instead of simply editing the page, I should check here in case I was mistaken in some capacity about Flammancia's status. I apologise for the mistake if I am indeed wrong, and if I am right, then i would ask either for the page to be updated or for permission to do the same. Cordially, --LawOfTheSeas (talk) 10:42, 21 August 2014 (BST)
Where do you sign your nation up?
Excuse me GUM,
Where do you file an application to sign up for your nation? And who to give it to?
Cordially, SOS Republic