Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Talk:Grand Unified Micronational
- 1 Joining GUM
- 2 June 2014 ELECTIONS
- 3 Agenda
- 4 Dead links
- 5 Grand Unified Micronational
June 2014 ELECTIONS
Calendar of the March 2014 GUM elections:
- May 28 - Nominations open
- June 4 - Nominations close; voting starts
- June 11 - Voting ends; winners announced
- June 13 - New term winners to take office
VOTING IS OFFICIALLY OPENED AS OF 5 June 2014, 00:00 GMT
The rules for nominations and voting, as always, are as follows:
- Only registered delegates may stand for Chair, Secretariat positions or Supreme Judge - not nations.
- Voting may be done publicly or by private ballot to the Chairperson.
- Every office is limited to two consecutive terms per holder - if a delegate has all ready served two consecutive terms, they cannot stand for a third term to that exact office
- The offices of Chair, any of the Secretariat departments and Supreme Judge are all mutually incompatible - candidates may not run for any of these offices simultaneously.
- Only full members and their delegates may stand for election and vote in elections.
- Member states have one vote per office (1 vote for a Chair, 1 vote for a Supreme Judge, 1 vote for each department of the Secretariat)
- Any candidate may endorse another candidate, but in doing so forefit their right to stand for the office their endorsee is standing for.
- Any candidate can withdraw their nomination at any time.
- Candidates must nominate themselves, or must have been nominated by the sitting Chairperson at their request.
- Elections use the First Past The Post voting system. The candidate with the highest number of votes wins. If the election goes to deadlock, a run-off is held between the tied candidates.
- The Vice-Chair shall be appointed in the following way: the newly elected Chair shall select a delegate, who must be confirmed as Vice-Chair by the Quorum to be appointed as such. If the Quorum does not, then the Chair shall select other delegates until the Quorum accepts one. In this way, the holder of the office shall enjoy the confidence both of the Chair and of the Quorum as a whole.
If you wish to run for election, either:
- Put the name of your candidate or nation under the appropriate heading below (new names always go at the bottom of each list)
- Message the name of your candidate or nation, specifying the office or council they are standing for, to Bradley of Dullahan (via Skype).
Chair of the Quorum of Delegates
- Joseph Kennedy Endorsed by outgoing Chairman
- Richard Cunningham
- Thomas Cassidy
- HIM Taeglan I Nihilus, the Reylan Emperor
Secretary for Security and Community Affairs
- Bradley of Dullahan
Secretary for Media and Public Relations
- Shane Cahill
Secretary for Culture and Education
- Michael Ònff
Secretary for Science and Research
- HIM Emperor Adam I
- Karl Friedrich
Quorum of Delegates
|Grand Unified Micronational: 18 May 2014 Quorum, 21:00 UTC|
Please feel free to add things you wish to be discussed about, all issues, events and other comments, below.
- I was able to fix them.
/swɛ́na/💬 07:30, 29 June 2013 (GMT)
Grand Unified Micronational
- I, William Timothy want to join Grand Unified Micronational. Please reply this message A.S.A.P.