Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Difference between revisions of "Talk:Grand Unified Micronational"
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
**[[Reylan Imperial Triumvirate]]
**[[Reylan Imperial Triumvirate]]
Revision as of 12:56, 13 June 2015
- 1 Resources
- 2 Extraordinary Constituent Quorum
- 3 Agenda
- 4 Nomination/Confirmation of Junior Secretaries, possible economic union, better advertisement
- 5 When is the next Election? And where can I vote?
- 6 Flammancian GUM Observer status
- 7 Where do you sign your nation up?
Extraordinary Constituent Quorum
On 12 April 2015, the Quorum of Delegates voted in favour of transitioning the Grand Unified Micronational from an international organisation to a formal chat venue, which would effectively dissolve most of the institution. The Charter must now be amended accordingly. Unfortunately, the Chairman who wrote the Charter last year included clauses stating that the Charter can only be amended by a special Quorum where at least three-quarters of the organisation's member states must vote in favour of changing each individual article. In order to make this process more efficient, the Extraordinary Constituent Quorum will be held here on the talk page. I've already figured out what articles need amending or suspending and cleared it with Supreme Judge Emperor Jonathan. Each member state will be able to vote in bulk (which we recommend) but as per the terms of the Charter does have the right to vote differently on separate articles. As soon as a majority of three quarters is reached for all articles, the process will be complete and the Charter will be considered amended. -HIM Emperor Adam I of Adammia, Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational
The motion is put that the articles of the Charter of the Grand Unified Micronational are amended accordingly:
- I - AMEND TO "The Grand Unified Micronational is a free association of micronationalists, the successsor to the organisation of the same name."
- II - SUSPEND
- III - SUSPEND
- IV - SUSPEND
- V - SUSPEND
- VI - SUSPEND
- VII - AMEND TO "The Quorum of Delegates can meet discuss matters of micronational importance. It may also amend this Charter.
- VIII - SUSPEND
- X - SUSPEND
- XI - SUSPEND
- XII - SUSPEND
- XIII - AMEND TO "The Chairman of the Grand Unified Micronational is the administrator of the GUM Lounge."
- XIV - SUSPEND
- XV - AMEND TO "The Chairman of the Grand Unified Micronational has the power to:
a) Add and remove people from the GUM Lounge;
b) Summon the Quorum of Delegates of the Grand Unified Micronational at their pleasure."
- XVI - AMEND TO "The Chairman of the Grand Unified Micronational serves indefinitely, but leaves office when either of these conditions are met:
a) The Chairman resigns;
b) At least three months after the Chairman takes office, at least two people formally challenge the Chairman's leadership.
When the Chairman leaves office, there is a one-week period during which members of the GUM Lounge can nominate themselves as a candidate, followed by a one-week voting period during which members of the GUM Lounge can vote for their preferred candidate. The candidate with the most votes at the end of the voting period becomes the new Chairman of the Grand Unified Micronational."
- XVII - SUSPEND
- XVIII - SUSPEND
- XIX - SUSPEND
- XX - SUSPEND
- XXI - SUSPEND
- XXII - SUSPEND
- XXIII - SUSPEND
- XXIV - SUSPEND
- XXV - SUSPEND
- XXVI - SUSPEND
- XXVII - SUSPEND
- XXVIII - SUSPEND
- XXIX - SUSPEND
- XXX - SUSPEND
- XXXIV - SUSPEND
- XXXV - SUSPEND
- XXXVI - SUSPEND
- XXXVII - SUSPEND
- XXXVIII - SUSPEND
(The amended Charter can be seen in its full form here).
- Support all:
- Oppose all:
- Abstain all:
- Other combination (please state):
Quorum of Delegates
|Grand Unified Micronational: 7th May 2015 Quorum, ~20:30 UTC|
Please feel free to add things you wish to be discussed about, all issues, events and other comments, below.
Nomination/Confirmation of Junior Secretaries, possible economic union, better advertisement
1.As agreed to in the last Quorum, the position of Junior Secretaries has been established. For this week's Quorum, the Secretaries should be nominated by their respective (senior) Secretary, and confirmed by the Quorum, if possible, to avoid delaying the subject, which would almost certainly see it being abandoned.
2. I would also ask the Chair to add to this week's Quorum agenda the proposal to form a non-mandatory economic union, which I will speak about, and reveal further details about.
3. I would also ask the Chair to add to this week's Quorum agenda the proposal to create a fully-functioning official GUM website to maintain its professionalism and to better advertise the membership of the GUM. This website could include minutes of the Quorum, as well as highlights of the fortnight's Quorum. It could be managed by the Secretary for Media and Public Relations.
When is the next Election? And where can I vote?
When is the election? And where do vote?
- As you do not represent a GUM member state, you cannot vote in any GUM election. Also, next elections are in September. ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR (talk) 19:36, 1 August 2014 (BST)
Flammancian GUM Observer status
Please forgive me if I am mistaken, but I believe that Marland ratified that GUM charter, even if we are not full members. I also received a communiqué from H.I.M. Emperor Adam I stating that, since we had dropped out of Provisional Membership status, Flammancia became an observer to the GUM. I have documentation in the form of messages on Skype if needs be, but I decided that instead of simply editing the page, I should check here in case I was mistaken in some capacity about Flammancia's status. I apologise for the mistake if I am indeed wrong, and if I am right, then i would ask either for the page to be updated or for permission to do the same. Cordially, --LawOfTheSeas (talk) 10:42, 21 August 2014 (BST)
Where do you sign your nation up?
Excuse me GUM,
Where do you file an application to sign up for your nation? And who to give it to?
Cordially, SOS Republic
How come GUM is so secretive? It seem its like a "New World Order" Conspiracy/ Shouldn't GUM report its meetings and be more organized. Just something to think about. By the way the more you don't answer people's questions the more likely GUM is going to be in a "pickle". (Hint, Hint!)
Greetings, I'm incumbent Vice Chair, Shane Cahill. I'm rather amused by your comments that we are a like a "New World Order" conspiracy. I would understand why a person completely new to micronationalism would think so, however, the GUM is an old micronational institution, and has a long tradition of representing the most professional and prominent states in the community. Regarding questions, as far as I'm aware all questions relating to the GUM are answered by the lengthy article found here, and of course I'd be willing to answer any other question not answered by the article in question. Currently, minutes of the Quorum are not published to non-GUM members because it is simply not relevant to them, as all decisions made by the Quorum of Delegates generally affect GUM members only. I'm sure the vast majority of non-GUM micronations have little to no interest in the proceedings of the Quorum anyway. To answer your latter point on our organisation, great strides have been made by the incumbent Chair to tidy up the Secretariat, and a special committee is also working to improve our Charter, so your argument regarding our organisational skills is rather baseless. Regards, SC talk2me-About me 23:18, 14 October 2014 (BST)
Dear Mr. Cahill,
I want to be a GUM member but according to the Chairman, my application wasn't accepted for irrelevant reasons. Including insults from Mr. Kennedy, that "I was so horrible, I should just die." I feel that I should talk with personally because someone should at least look at my application and think about it! I need your advice, on how I could get my micronation excepted. Thank You for listening to my complaints, and for noticing me. Regards & Best Wishes, Chancellor Cole of Vincea
- We did look at your application in Quorum some months ago. We rejected it by vote, fair and square. ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR (talk) 15:36, 15 October 2014 (BST)
I don't want to be rude or anything. But will the GUM quorum except revised applications from the same person? If so were do I send it to? The website, you, or the forum? Thank You for the assistance. - Chancellor Cole
- Yes, we do review re-sent applications, but I can assure you that there is no point. You were so soundly rejected by Quorum that there is no chance of you getting in, at least until you repair the very negative reputations you've created for yourself with your previous shenanigans on the Wiki. ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR (talk) 19:53, 23 October 2014 (BST)
- Does the Quorum actually accept applications? If does then why it won't accept my new and improved application. I would dearly appreciate it and if someone will answer this. Then please tell me who will actually hear me out. But to just say to User:EmperorAdamI|ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR that I've cleared up my previous shenanigans and I hope that GUM will listen to me for once without trouble. Thank You and have a lovely day. User:694Minecraftu86
- And just as you say that, you've gone and tried to nominate me as Chairman on this very page. It blatantly states that candidates must nominate themselves. Now for your information, Quorum has been particularly stringent lately in accepting new nations. ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR (talk) 20:46, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
- I know, but... I think that if the entire Quorum should listen to me and give me a chance to at least be an observer. So the Republic will get a taste of what international affairs are like. Though the Quorum may be stringent, they must listen! Don't you think that the Quorum should listen to applying micronations?
- My Total Regards, President Jackson Cole