Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Shawn of Woodlandia
|Reign||12 March 2019–present|
|In Office||13 September 2019 - Present|
|Preceded by||Office Established|
|Born||26 June 1987|
Shawn (Shawn Michael; born 26 June 1987) is a nobleman, politician, and the current reigning monarch of the Principality of Woodlandia. On 12 March 2019, HRH Prince Shawn declared the lands of Woodlandia to be an independent sovereign nation, separate of Canada, and officially proclaimed himself the first monarch and the first Hereditary Sovereign Prince, of the Principality of Woodlandia.
On 13 September 2019, HRH the Sovereign Prince Shawn of the Principality of Woodlandia founded the Kingdom of Mull, and proclaimed his mother Tracy, Duchess of Liberty the first monarch of the Kingdom of Mull. By default, the Sovereign Prince of Woodlandia became the first Prince of Mull and the first heir apparent, upon his mother's accession as Queen of the Kingdom of Mull.
Shawn was born on 26 June 1987 in Southern Ontario, Canada. When he was about 11 years old, Shawn proposed the idea of creating his own country.
Legitimacy & Right to Rule as Sovereign
HRH Prince Shawn, considers his claim of the lands of the Principality of Woodlandia (formerly belonging to Canada), to be more legitimate than any land claims made by previous Monarchs of Canada. Though the Prince remains a loyal citizen of Canada, and supports it's current monarch, he also believes England and it's rulers, both past and present, have no claim of legitimacy or any right to have ever established a monarchy in the first place. HRH the Sovereign Prince Shawn, believes he has the right to claim land of Canada, over the current monarch of Canada, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and of the Commonwealth because...
1) Birthright - Possibly one of the strongest arguments of legitimacy to any monarchy, is if a Monarch has a right to rule a country, that they themselves were not born at, and who are of no ancestral descent of the country.
- Queen Elizabeth II was born in England, United Kingdom, and not Canada, and has no descendants of Canadian or Native descent, unlike the Prince who fulfills all criteria of birthright. Prince Shawn was born in Ontario, Canada, and has many ancestors of Canadian descent, as well as Aboriginal Native ancestors of pre-Canada.
2) Residence -
- The current Queen of Canada lives in England, United Kingdom, and has never taken up residence Canada since the beginning of her reign, unlike the Prince who has maintained a permanent residence in Southern Ontario, Canada since birth, and will maintain a permanent residence in the Principality of Woodlandia (former part of Northern Ontario, Canada).
3) Politics -
- Though Canada is an independent country, Queen Elizabeth II is only the nation's head of state. The Queen does not play an active role in Canadian politics, and her powers are mostly symbolic, unlike the Prince who has nearly absolute power of the government of the Principality of Woodlandia, limited only by a unique constitution.
4) Aboriginal Descent -
5) Descendant of Kings - King Robert III of Scotland is the 16th Great Grandfather of Shawn. His daughter Princess Mary Stewart is the 15th Great Grandmother of Shawn, from who he descends from. Shawn also descends from Sir William Wallace, who is the 27th great grandfather of Shawn.
6) - principality not separating into a Kingdom
7) purchased land instead of taking in war
8) large amount of land owned
9) length of families rule
10) family - Queen Elizabeth II and Shawn are 13th cousins once removed.
Prime ministers, and other heads of government
|Principality of Woodlandia||Madam Lyssa Jones||Prime Minister||March 12, 2019 – August 21, 2019|
|Principality of Woodlandia||Sir. Robert Ronyson||Prime Minister||August 21, 2019 – Present|
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles, and styles
- 26 June 1987-12 March 2019 - Mr. Shawn - Canada
- 12 March 2019-Present - Minister of Humanitarian and Disaster Management
- 12 March 2019-Present - Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 12 March 2019-Present - Minister of Justice
- 12 March 2019-Present - Minister of Defense
- 26 June 2019-Present - His Royal Highness The Duke of Freedom
- 12 March 2019-Present - His Royal Highness Sovereign Prince Shawn of the Principality of Woodlandia
The Sovereign Prince's style and title in full: His Royal Highness, Sovereign Prince Shawn of the Principality of Woodlandia, Duke of Freedom, Sovereign Head of the Order of the Royal Knights of the Woodlandia Guard, Minister of Defense, Minister of Justice, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Humanitarian and Disaster Management, The Prince of Mull, Prime Minister of Mull, Laird of Dunans
- 20 August 2019-Present - Sovereign Head of the Order of the Royal Knights of the Woodlandia Guard (R.K.W.G.)
Foreign titles of nobility
- 15 March 2019-Present - The Much Honored Laird of Dunans
- 13 September 2019-Present - His Royal Highness Shawn, The Prince of Mull
- 13 September 2019-Present - The Right Honorable Prime Minister Shawn of the Kingdom of Mull
According to DNA test results, Shawn is the 16th Great Grandson of King Robert III of Scotland. He descends from the Kings daughter, Princess Mary Stewart, who is the 15th Great Grandmother of Shawn, through his grandmother's paternal line. Further DNA results reveal that Shawn is the Great Grandson of many Kings and Queens, mostly of Scotland (15+), and is a descendant of one of the most prominent and wealthy families in Scottish history, making him one of the most royal people to live in Canada. Shawn descends from many famous historical figureheads such as, Sir William Wallace, who is the 27th great grandfather of Shawn, and Mary I Queen of Scots, who is a fifth cousin 12 times removed. Shawn and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom are 13th cousins once removed through Shawn's grandmother on his maternal side.