Politics of Esse
The Essian Commonwealth has a diverse political history and climate, with a wide range of political ideologies having been created and represented over time in the Commonwealth. As a constitutional monarchy, there is a large amount of power invested inthe monarchy, and most all the rest of the power is delegated to the Parlamenzalochas.
Weishauptism, at the time known as People's republicanism, is a political ideology based on a mixture of many different political stances drawn from both the far left and far right, named for then-Lord Protector Edwyn Weishaupt. The ideology was originally the political stance of Weishaupt's True Republican Party, though it later abandoned said ideology in favor of a broader libertarian Marxist stance.
Fiscally, the ideology stood for fiscal conservatism, and held a belief in mixed market capitalism similar to the economic system adopted by the Essian Commonwealth's predecessor, the Federated States of America.
Listed beliefs of the party included:
- Republicanism - Free and equal elections are essential for the security of a free state.
- Conservatism - Preserving the ideals of the free market is an important duty of the populace.
- Nationalism - The nation thrives on the belief that said nation is exceptional.
- Radical Centrism - That neither the far left nor far right builds the ideal society.
|Political parties represented in the Parliament|
Graeca Partite a Essia
|Essian nationalism||Centre-right||Alexander Gibbs|
Esse has seen several parties in its history that later folded.
- True Republican Party – Essian nationalist, libertarian marxist. Founded by Edwyn Weishaupt. Main and only party in the Commonwealth during its existence. Operated off and on from 2015 to its brief restoration in 2017.
- Lennonist Partite a Essia – Essian nationalism. First party established following the Declaration of Restoration. Acted as a successor to the TRP until it was replaced by The Democrats in June 2017, shortly before the June 2017 general election.
- Federalie Partite a Essia – Federalism, right wing. Second party established following the Declaration of Restoration. Formed as a result of the Beiwing court decision and existed until it was replaced by the Greens in June 2017, shortly before the June 2017 general election.
- A Couna – Monarchism, third-way. Briefly existed in 2017 until it merged with the Lennonists to form the Democrats.