Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Order of Knights of Truth of Saint Brigid of Kildare
|Order of Knights of Truth of Saint Brigid of Kildare|
Arms of the Order
|Grandmaster||Comte Brian of Black River|
The Order of Knights of Truth of Saint Brigid of Kildare, commonly known as the Knights Veritas, is a military order founded in 2020 with the intent to further the goals of Ecumenical Christianity and Chivalrism. The Knights Veritas were based largely on military orders that rose to prominence during the Crusades, such as the Knights Hospitaller and the Knights Templar.
Shortly after joining the Grand Duchy of Carthage, Comte Brian of Black River began work on establishing the order. His intent was to create a military order that could function alongside the Empire of Agber, but was not confined solely to that community. He officially founded the order on 1 February 2020, which is also the feast day for Saint Brigid of Kildare.
The order is open to all people who are willing to pledge themselves to living by the order's Code of Chivalry and seeking both knowledge and truth. All general members are known as Knights, regardless of gender. When interacting with each other, Knights are referred to by their first name, preceded by the title "Examiner."
The Knights Veritas are an uncommonly egalitarian society, with only one rank and all significant decisions being made by popular vote. The daily matters are handled by the order's Grandmaster, who is appointed by a majority vote of the Knights, and serves for an indefinite term. The Grandmaster's decisions can be overturned by a majority vote of the Knights, and can be removed from power by the same measure. Although the Grandmaster is still officially titled an Examiner, they are informally referred to as Master.
Code of Truth
All members pledge to live by the order's Code of Truth. These twelve principles are meant to guide all aspects of a Knight Veritas' life.
- Truth is the most important treasure.
- Live by the principles Christ taught, not by the dogma of men.
- God can be found in the beliefs of any religion, so long as they do not undermine your actions, treat them accordingly.
- Authority exercised morally and ethically should be followed, authority exercised without should be ignored.
- The weak are to be defended, not exploited.
- Be guided by compassion, love, hope, and charity whenever possible.
- Always strive to avoid conflict and violence when reasonable, but when needed be prepared to react quickly, forcefully, and decisively.
- All life holds value and should not be taken when avoidable.
- Leadership is service, not privilege.
- Do not give your word unless certain and committed to keeping it.
- Keep all your weapons honed and ready for battle: body, spirit, mind, and sword.
- The law exists for the benefit of mankind, and should be approached likewise.
The primary symbol of the order is a Cross of Saint Brigid encircled with a Celtic pattern. This is to symbolize the melding of religions that led to the personification of Saint Brigid of Kildare. The inclusion of symbolism that acknowledges the Celtic goddess Brigid is meant to invoke the Universalist mindset that the Knights Veritas are meant to have when dealing with differing faiths. These principals are further evidenced by the inclusion of the hearts and lightning bolts on the order's arms, which are meant to symbolize the personification of Saint Brigid in Haitian and Yoruba faiths.
Roster of Members
- Brian, 2nd Comte of Black River Grandmaster of the Order
- Ophelia, 7th Comtesse of Sobek
- Sven, 1st Don of Natomas
- Devon, 1st Shogun of Tenshukyō
- Lucille Grayson
- Nicholas Young
- Liam Valen
- Jordan, 1st Duke of the Bear Peninsula
- Sarah Ivers
- Xavier, 5th Comte of Rulison