Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Difference between revisions of "MicroWiki:Motion to remove Achievements"
m (1 revision: Info page import dump)
Revision as of 16:03, 9 November 2013
|This page contains discussion or announcements archived from MicroWiki's former location on Wikia. Any policies or situations mentioned here are probably deprecated or irrelevant.|
I quote a message from the Wikia Staff:
[Wikia Support Request #62950]
Yes, it is possible to disable it.
The feature was requested to be enabled by User:Joefoxon.
To disable a feature, we need to see a community majority vote, especially containing votes of the currently active admins. Regards,
Chris "Uberfuzzy" Stafford, Wikia Community Support Team
So here we are, it's show time. That is not the surprise I told you about, sorry :P but it still is something important that we'd better carry out quickly. The proceedings are very simple: you just put your "signature" in the section below, and eventually, if you want, you also add a comment in the "Comments" section. I haven't placed any deadline on this one, as a lot of people are temporarily away for holidays. I'll choose with the rest of the Dictators (aka the Admins) when to close it.
- --Cajak [★MicroWiki Admin★] 11:11, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah it is a bit rubbish. Joe Foxon 11:14, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- They're horrible and pointless. -- aldy@wiki:~$ _ 11:16, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- There's no point in them. We don't need them here. Has no benefit to micronationalism, and it ruins peoples' user pages (like Cajak's). --Premier of the Antarctic Community of Landashir, James Puchowski 11:17, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- 'Twas a good idea, but the box on the user page is something of a pain. --Demontux 11:20, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Cajaks page was alot better without stars on it, James Thomson 12:01, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm annoyed that whenever I edit a page, it comes up saying someting like "YOU MADE AN EDIT YOU WIN A SHINY THING". And I swear all it'll lead to is spam. --Yowuza 12:28, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I haven't seen these achievements, but I'm sure they are annoying. QuentinWyvern 12:42, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- These bastards annoy the fuc- er... hell out of me. And let's be honest, we're all too lazy to go into our preferences to switch off the awards thing, so we rather have people edit this motion and have the administers take care of it... because it's their job... right? ANYWAY, SUPPORT WHORES AND HOOKERS. Projector for Vedicta 13:47, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- --Eleytheria 13:56, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. Definitely. The comment 2 above (by Projector for Verdicta) is uh... strange.--Secundomia (talk),(Contributions),(blog),(followed pages) 17:06, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I concur "''Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici''" 20:13, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Angador 22:18, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Dorzhabad 09:43, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
- The achievements is annoying me and there's no use of it, Adriansyah Yassin sulaeman 12:34, September 7th, 2010 (UTC)
- The problem is that Achievements can be hidden, but not removed. In your "preferences", if you check in the "Misc" section, you'll find this: "Hide my achievements on my user page when I visit it and don't notify me of earned badges". This only means that achievements will be hidden to you or your userpage, but only for you. If other people will visit your page, they'll still see the achievements.