Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 24,676 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 137,933 pages and 27,298 articles, of which 77 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The Republic of Petorio was a micronational federal republic located in North America. A delicate blend of executive and legislative powers, its strong executive branch was ruled by the president, Kalvin Koolidge, and comprised of seven provincial governments. Petorio was founded on 26 September 2008, and went permanently inactive in late 2010. Although it had an unstable history dominated by sporadic lapses in activity and featured elements which would now usually be considered unprofessional, it is remembered as one of the foundational members of the MicroWiki community. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Empire of Aenopia (1 Jul 2019); Federal Republic of Quertinia (2 Jul 2011); Valnor (4 Jul 2006); Orly (4 Jul 2010); Commonwealth of Vyktory (6 Jul 2014); Democratic Republic of Austenersey (7 Jul 2011); Republic of Salania (8 Jul 2008); Burkland (9 Jul 2011); Kid United Republic (14th Jul 2015); Republic of Gurvata (17 Jul 2014) Grand Duchy of Prsänëa (18 Jul 2012); Kingdom of the Grove (19 Jul 2010); Kingdom of Copan (19 Jul 2010); United Republic of Vlasynia-Dartiria (21 Jul 2018); Ponderosa Hills (26 July 2016).
- 2nd - The Kingdom of Baustralia switches from an absolute monarchy into a constitutional monarchy (2017).
- 4th - The People's Republic of Valnorgrad is replaced by a militarist regime - Justin Hargis takes power (2010).
- 5th - Dallingrad changes its coat of arms from the original which had in place since the Republic's foundation (2011); President Tian Abdurrahman announced establishment of Indokistani federation following referendum in May (2013).
- 10th - Frances I is appointed Empress of Deleckshum (2009).
- 14th - PoliNation 2012 takes place in Chelsea, London, with 34 micronationalists representing 26 micronations attending (2012).
- 16th - The Kingdom of Pristinia joins the Nemkhav Federation, becoming its third territory (or fifth if the provinces are counted) (2011); Sirocco adopts the Atomic calendar (2013); The Kingdom of Custosia is founded. (2016).
- 20th - Sebastian Linden is unbanned from MicroWiki, ending an issue which had been at the forefront of the community for several months (2011); The last pupils of Rushy Meadow to have been in direct contact with the Midget Empire leave the school (2012).
- 21st - The State Union (Empire) of Vlasynia-Dartiria abolishes its monarchy and replaces it with a unitary dual presidential republic, known as the United Republic of Vlasynia-Dartiria. The monarchies of both Vlasynia and Dartiria are abolished, as a result.
- 25th - Prime Minister Napoléon Bleuberrie launches an unsuccessful self-coup d'état attempt in Sabia and Verona (2013).
- 30th - Erusia ceases to exist (2010).
- 31st - Caroline (III) becomes Third Midget Master (2006).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- Today, on 21 July 2021 / 21 Cuptor Year 102/CII A.G.U., His Great Majesty Ned I, Despot, Autocrat and Vodă of Vlasynia and its domains enacted Despotic Decree 2018012, through which he annexed the city of Vodopol as a non-autonomous municipality. However, since Despot Ned had already decided to dissolve the Despotate, why would he continue expanding it? The reason, according to the Despot himself, is not too difficult to comprehend: the main idea behind this decision is...
- It was truly a historic moment for the State of Vishwamitra when formal bilateral and diplomatic relations were established with the Grand Duchy of Flandrensis on 19 July 2021, days after the Flandrensian Grand Ducal cabinet contacted the Government of Vishwamitra with the proposal of establishing formal relations. With the formalization of relations, Flandrensis became the first Antarctic micronation to have established ties with Vishwamitra.
- 18 Jul - Atieran citizens are soon to head to the polls - here's what you need to know before the election
- Citizens of Atiera will head to the polls in 5 days to select the new Prime Minister of Atiera. Currently, the seats are the most contested by the Atieran National Front, which is contesting 5 seats. They are followed by the Atieran People's Union and the Atieran Moderate Coalition, with 3 seats being contested by each party. Independent candidates...
- Yesterday, on 16 July 2021 / 16 Cuptor Year 102/CII A.G.U., His Great Majesty Ned I, Despot, Autocrat and Vodă of Vlasynia and its domains, announced in an Official Statement that on 01 August 2021 / 01 Gustar Year 102/CII A.G.U. he will decree „the official and permanent dissolution of the Vlasynian Despotate„. Ned stated that...
- Parliament has authorized an early general election to take place this September, in which Lord John Gordon, incumbent Prime Minister, has said he will not stand for re-election...
- Following the events of the political crisis on 11 July, Atiera went through three different prime ministers, Isaiah Burdette, Christopher Miller and now Tucker Gladden. The crisis started when a motion of no confidence was filed by the Atieran National Front party spokesman...
- Saturday 10th July saw Hoagland ceded back to the United States of America at the same time as a new territory was annexed from the same country. Hoagland was claimed in July 2017 as an Austenasian Territory after...
- On the eve of 11 July 2021, a motion of no confidence against Atieran National Front Chairman and former Prime Minister, Isaiah Burdette was publicly announced by Tucker Gladden on the ANF party server. The four-page motion of no confidence included multiple reasons...
- 25 Jul - Egeria has new flag and coat of arms!
- 25 Jul - Curio TELETEXT - 25 July
- 24 Jul - Almendria has fallen
- 23 Jul - CAF announces military-citizen recruitment drive, minor protests in Plym del Norte
- 22 Jul - Final list for participants in the Cupertino Alliance Census Summer 2021
- 20 Jul - Server of the Republic of Aswington on Discord was raided
- 19 Jul - Egeria becomes member of Micronational Assembly
- 18 Jul - Ninjasus and Oniya plans Olympic-type meet
- 18 Jul - An update to "The Government of St. John changes the name of a district in Grand Haven"
- 15 Jul - Kingdom of Krzakacja will be dissolved tomorrow[dead link]
Analysis and opinions
- Iudette Statistics 21 July - Cupertino Alliance public opinion on chair election pre-poll
- Cupertino Alliance 18 July - CA Opinion Poll 17 July 2021 & a first draft of our new election graphics
- Cupertino Alliance 3 July - CA Census: Why we ask these questions
- Atieran Advance 1 July - This Canada day, take a moment to remember
- The Tricorne 28 June - Renaming Dundas Street is both useless and a massive waste of money
- The Tricorne 25 June - Form Sentallares now- or else we’re out
- DSD Statistics 16 June - DSD Statistics - Report on Opinion Polling for GUM Chair Election, June 2021
- Pin Analytics 16 June - Pin Analytics - GUM Chair Election, June 2021 Poll Results
- 16 Jul - Fade into View album released
- 27 Jun - 2021 West Canada Leaders' Debate
- 7 June - The Desert of Many Troubles- Bushistan Countryballs
- 10 May - I Built a Micronation
- 9 May - Victory Day Broadcast Special
- 28 Apr - Fade into View single "Odyssey Part 2"
- 23 Apr - What it's like to be: West Canadian Coal Miner (Feat. Governor-General Connor Shaw)
- 16 Apr - Multavia: all endings
- 16 Apr - All Endings: Lytera
- 10 Apr - Snagov: All endings