Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 19,952 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 118,504 pages and 23,772 articles, of which 67 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
- Consul Duchess Helena Oleksandrovna Kirsanova, Duchess of Epirus informed the HIM the Emperor that she had tested positive for COVID-19, becoming the fourth Pavlovian official to contract coronavirus and eleventh Pavlovian subject overall...
- As the old year came to an end and a new (and maybe better) year just started, the Plushunian News Service decided to look back at the events of the past few months and highlight the key political moments this country’s went through during the second half of 2020. Despite the reduced diplomatic activity before its return to the intermicronational stage in October 2020, Plushunia remained very active on the internal plane, the turmoil which defined...
- The House of Burgesses has been dissolved by presidential proclamation, marking the end of the Commonwealth’s 1st Parliament and heralding a general election next month. The dissolution comes following a turbulent week which saw the withdrawal of Roanoke by-election candidate Aidan McGrath, the resignation of Deputy Prime Minister Sir Thomas Bainbridge, the dissolution of the Whig Party, and Sir Thomas crossing the aisle to the National Party. These actions collectively put the governing Free Democrats in the minority and...
- From 3 January to 16 January 2021, the Secretariat for Statistical Research held a survey open to all full delegates of the Grand Unified Micronational, asking respondents to rank all full member states between 1 and 5. The purpose of this survey was to...
- The Crown has confirmed the transfer of land in Istanbul (Turkey) to Imperial jurisdiction. The plan had been announced last August, but was put on hold for a variety of reasons, including the current Covid pandemic...
- On Thursday the 14th, representatives from Greater Tytannia confirmed that the first Adammic citizens had received the COVID-19 vaccine currently being rolled out by the British NHS. Lord Colonel Reginald Hall, the Emperor’s grandfather and the Empire’s oldest citizen at eighty years old...
- To reign in the new year, the Commonwealth of Dracul creates a new citizenship recruitment advert parodying a 90's car dealership commercial. The ad (starring longtime micronationalist Charles Ross) aired along with the announcement of several new positions within the Dracul government...
- In recent days, the Australissian Privy Council has been working on a plan to hold the first elections since April 2020. It is believed that the Privy Council will hold an election to elect a House of Commons within the coming weeks. Four seats will be up for grabs - two from Amicitia, and two from Integritas, following a 1:5 ratio of representatives to citizens. Provisions for a general election, and other several changes, have begun to appear across Australis over the last few weeks...
- 20 Jan - The Royal Herald is moving.
- 20 Jan - 1 year from Połiak-Baránok: A history of the "Federation that failed"
- 19 Jan - Huai Siao Government is accepting applications for the Huai Siao Ambassador of the Cupertino Alliance. Urgent !!
- 18 Jan - Electoral Committee calls for Special Elections
- 18 Jan - COVID-19 update: Since the beginning of the pandemic, no new cases were detected for the second time, a daily recovery record was broken and the number of active cases fell to the lowest level in the last 1 month
- 17 Jan - Bicycle in the snow on the İsmailistan border
- 17 Jan - Snow skiing on the Kaluchya border
- 16 Jan - Press from Vanuatu and Chile publish letter from the President of Rino Island regarding the Pacific Islands Forum
- 16 Jan - Black Weekend
- 16 Jan - First vaccination against COVID-19 in Tavil Republic
Analysis and opinions
- Nordale Voice - 18 Jan - Guest article from New Virginia : Cigarettes and Bourbon – The Bainbridges are traitors to our nation and Constitution
- Royal Gazette of Brienia 14 Jan - (OP-ED) Why is Brienia a theocracy?
- Charles Burgardt 7 Jan - Pan-Sayvillian Unity Day Address
- Pavlov Today 6 Jan - HIM the Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 7529
- Imperial Residence of the Emperor of the Commonwealth of Essexia 3 Jan - Emperor's Speech 2020
- Ross-Xia CA Campaign Team 3 Jan - An alliance evolved. The new manifesto from Ross-Xia 2021.
- Roscoe-Valentinus CA Campaign 3 Jan - Roscoe-Valentinus Convention Pt.1 (Projects)
- The Imperial Tribune 2 Jan - 2020: An Ode to Greek Micronationalism
- 16 Jan - The Four Horsemen of Micronationalism: Micronational Elections
- 4 Jan - Mr. Beat solves 9+10
- 3 Jan - The Four Horsemen of Micronationalism: Pilot
- 3 Jan - The United Office - S1:E1 - Survival of the Unfittest
- 25 Dec - Cool Barbie Minisode - Christmas
- 20 Dec - Walking Across the erstwhile New Eiffel in a straight line — CHALLENGE (Part 1)
- 21 Nov - grand theft auto v affair
The Kingdom of Überstadt, commonly known as Überstadt and sometimes written as Uberstadt, is an entity which purports to be a sovereign nation-state but is typically classified by external observers as a micronation. It is located in the Pacific Northwest of the United States on a residential property in Mountlake Terrace, Washington and on Edmount Island in Lake Ballinger. It is entirely enclaved by the United States.
The Kingdom of Überstadt is governed as a unitary constitutional monarchy with Adam I as king, organized in a direct parliamentary democracy. Überstadt was originally founded on 6 March 2010 with a unique government model of kritarchy, in which elected judges dominated the state. The monarchy was formally established (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment – Kingdom of Lovely (1 Jan 2005); Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 (1 Jan 2008); Kingdom of Wattania (1 Jan 2009); Principality of Posaf (2 Jan 2018); State of Bascal (7 Jan 2009); State of Gradonia (1 Jan 2018); Republic of Dorzhabad (15 Jan 2010); Murrayfield (18 Jan 2009); Tsalojdom of Birgeshir (18 Jan 2010); New Europe (20 Jan 2009); Kingdom of Coleraine (21 Jan 2009); Free Cyberia (22 Jan 2000); Federated States of Antarctica (25 Jan 2009); Kingdom of Angador (26 Jan 2008).
- Unknown – Fred Church Ortiz from Cherusken Isonomia is temporarily elected as 8th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States (2002).
- 1st – General Election in Austenasia (2009); legislative power passes to the Imperial Assembly in New Europe (2010); Presidents Elect Luke I and Parker I take power in Secundomia (2010).
- 3rd – St.Charlian General Elections of 2010 take place (2010).
- 4th – SCSM founder Fabiana Gallo della Loggia resigns as General Secretary of the Socialist Movement, and is succeeded by Magnus de Armis (2010).
- 5th – The Grand Unified Micronational is founded (2009); Two simultaneous attempted coups at the Imperial Court of Austenasia – one attempting to trick Esmond III into abdication, and the other attempting to implement a communist revolution – fail (2011).
- 8th – The celebration of Emperor Norton Day (1880).
- 13th – Pav wins the 2011 Senyan Senyavite Elections to become Senyavite (2011)
- 18th – Wilhelm von Hartmann, Catherine Willoughby and Kasey Honings create the United Reichs of North America (2008); reformation of Murrayfield (2009).
- 18th - Inactive Baránok merges with Połiak to form the Połiak-Baránok federation.
- 21st – Branson Act 2009 is passed in St.Charlie, adopting a multi-party system (2009); The Constitution of the Confederation of Awesome is ratified by all four states (2010).
- 22nd - Leader of the Principality of Duke Tom Yusuf Kap is born in NYC. His birth marks the beggining of the Topek Calendar (2006 is Topek 1).
- 23rd – The Skirmish of Astley Meadow is fought between the Adammic Army and a British insurgent (2014).
- 27th – The Declaration of Restoration is signed, reforming the Essian Commonwealth into an absolute monarchy (2017); Nicholas Randouler undemocratically dissolves the Aenderian government, leading to revival by Milaw Oakforrest and thus marking the end of the Second Aenderian Political Crisis and start of the Fifth Republic (2019).
- 29th - Phokland gains political independence from Domanglia (2019).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on May 27, 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alledging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?