Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 33,842 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 152,762 pages and 30,203 articles, of which 92 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The 2018 National Election was an election in the Empire of Adammia which elected the Prime Minister for the October 2018 - September 2019 term. Emperor Adam I called the election on 29 September 2018 and it took place on Saturday 20 October 2018. It was the only Adammic national election to use instant-runoff voting and it was the last election which directly elected the Prime Minister prior to the introduction of the House of Citizens. Sir Juliano Saunders of the Storm Party won the election by a landslide, defying expectations and becoming the Empire's fifth Prime Minister, defeating incumbent Prime Minister Lord Helliker of the Liberal-Moderate Party. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment – Kingdom of Lovely (1 Jan 2005); Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 (1 Jan 2008); Kingdom of Wattania (1 Jan 2009); Principality of Posaf (2 Jan 2018); State of Bascal (7 Jan 2009); State of Gradonia (1 Jan 2018); Republic of Dorzhabad (15 Jan 2010); Murrayfield (18 Jan 2009); Tsalojdom of Birgeshir (18 Jan 2010); New Europe (20 Jan 2009); Kingdom of Coleraine (21 Jan 2009); Free Cyberia (22 Jan 2000); Federated States of Antarctica (25 Jan 2009); Pontunia (12 Jan 2020) Kingdom of Angador (26 Jan 2008); The Kingdom of Suttornland (26 Jan 2021); Empire of Talcon (28 Jan 2021); Cupertino Alliance (second incarnation, 28 Jan 2020).
- Unknown – Fred Church Ortiz from Cherusken Isonomia is temporarily elected as 8th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States (2002).
- 1st – General Election in Austenasia (2009); legislative power passes to the Imperial Assembly in New Europe (2010); Presidents Elect Luke I and Parker I take power in Secundomia (2010).
- 3rd – St.Charlian General Elections of 2010 take place (2010).
- 4th – SCSM founder Fabiana Gallo della Loggia resigns as General Secretary of the Socialist Movement, and is succeeded by Magnus de Armis (2010).
- 5th – The Grand Unified Micronational is founded (2009); Two simultaneous attempted coups at the Imperial Court of Austenasia – one attempting to trick Esmond III into abdication, and the other attempting to implement a communist revolution – fail (2011).
- 8th – The celebration of Emperor Norton Day (1880).
- 13th – Pav wins the 2011 Senyan Senyavite Elections to become Senyavite (2011)
- 18th – Wilhelm von Hartmann, Catherine Willoughby and Kasey Honings create the United Reichs of North America (2008); reformation of Murrayfield (2009).
- 18th - Inactive Baránok merges with Połiak to form the Połiak-Baránok federation.
- 21st – Branson Act 2009 is passed in St.Charlie, adopting a multi-party system (2009); The Constitution of the Confederation of Awesome is ratified by all four states (2010).
- 22nd - Leader of the Principality of Duke Tom Yusuf Kap is born in NYC. His birth marks the beggining of the Topek Calendar (2006 is Topek 1).
- 23rd – The Skirmish of Astley Meadow is fought between the Adammic Army and a British insurgent (2014).
- 27th – The Declaration of Restoration is signed, reforming the Essian Commonwealth into an absolute monarchy (2017); Nicholas Randouler undemocratically dissolves the Aenderian government, leading to revival by Milaw Oakforrest and thus marking the end of the Second Aenderian Political Crisis and start of the Fifth Republic (2019).
- 28th - Following the passage of the Day 365 Act by the Aenderian Parliament, the second, more successful, incarnation of the Cupertino Alliance was founded (2020).
- 29th - Phokland gains political independence from Domanglia (2019).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- At almost every intersection in Houston, you'll find at least one homeless person asking for money, food, or a job. The sight is unfortunately not a surprise in many other large American cities either. Many blame the American Government, while others blame drug habits. Whatever the reason may be, many will agree that it's an issue that needs serious addressing.
- On 16 January 2022, former speaker of the UK House of Commons, John Bercow, delivered a message to the micronational community, telling them “Do not chew gum”. The video was funded by Alexander I and cost him nearly $170 CAD in personal expenses, however, he says to the Atieran Advance “It was well worth it,”...
- Denys Tezdzhanenko, the incumbent Prime Minister of Lostisland and candidate on the upcoming election of Prime Minister, announced his withdrawal from the electoral race...
- Independence and New Years celebrations in Lundenwic were muted as many citizens were self isolating after an outbreak of Coronavirus. Two citizens in New Charter, two in North Hyde and two in Sol Poniente were positive for the virus tripling the previous number of infections to nine. Precautions were adhered to with the citizens being asked to perform lateral flow tests (LFTs) before attending indoor gatherings...
- At around 2:15 this afternoon, the King made the first appointments to the Council of State, the executive body established in April of last year, following a meeting with the prime minister at Lexington House. All of the prime minister’s recommendations were accepted by the sovereign, and the newly appointed councilors were subsequently informed of their official addition to the government...
- Reports began to circulate on Tuesday evening around 9:30 PM central, on the passing of the Imperium of DeWaCo Estates monarch, Chairman DeWayne Corbett. According to Corbett’s Facebook account, he had been battling several health issues, to the point of his doctors informing him of only months to live, back in May of 2021.
- Relations abruptly came to an end on Monday afternoon, between the nations of Dracul and Cycoldia, amidst a personal dispute against multiple Draculians. According to the Bran House and Department of State, this is not the first time the monarch of Cycoldia has either aided in or deliberately attacked Dracul or its personnel over personal disagreement.
- 21 Jan - Could rising crime start affecting local Houston micronations?
- 20 Jan - Milaw Oakforrest becomes the first female head of government in Wynnland
- 20 Jan - Government to open new job positions before February
- 18 Jan - Dracul Effectively Bans Free Speech
- 18 Jan - President Luke signs Executive Order banning character assassination
- 18 Jan - John Bercow delivers scathing remarks against the Grand Unified Micronational
- 18 Jan - Wynnland's new constitution has finally been completed
- 18 Jan - President Devin Purcell Kickstarts a new MicroProject here on MicroWiki.
- 15 Jan - Democratic Platform, a political coalition for the defense of democracy
- 14 Jan - Chemical smell reported at Dracul Houston Embassy reports all clear
Analysis and opinions
- Amazonian Presidential Palace 1 January - MSRA President Tuyết's 2022 New Year speech
- Adammic Online Broadcasting 25 December - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2021
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 25 December - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2021
- Avalon Institute 4 December - Cases of civil disengagement - a comparative analysis of Sockpuppeting and its impact on Micronational Organizations (GUM, CA)
- Avalon Institute 11 November - Examining the power shift and the future of the Cupertino Alliance
- The Micronationalist 8 October - Brick and Mortal Ep. 1 Getting Flags Printed
- Dracul 1 News 1 October - Opinion: Micronations vs. Cults, and how they exist together
- William Wilson 13 Sept - Interview for Bran District Mall
- - 7 Jan: 2nd TVB Microvision Song Contest Grand Final votes
- - 3 Jan: This took 99 attempts to shoot
- - 2 Jan: The Battle for Lytera V - The Crisis in Rome
- - 18 Dec: National Anthem of Sancratosia
- - 17 Dec: Millennium Greenway to Plemstall 4/9/2021 IGS Expedition
- - 15 Nov: First Edition of TVMelite News
- - 15 Nov: Maiden Voyage of the OSS Revolution | ONN
- - 15 Nov: Sign-on TVMelite HD Edition