Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 23,656 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 134,310 pages and 26,672 articles, of which 69 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
- 16 June - GUM election too close to call
- Voting has begun to choose the GUM’s next chair and vice-chair, and the Post‘s polling suggests that the election will come down to the wire. Three delegates are competing for one of MicroWiki’s most prestigious positions: Cameron I of Ikonia, Alex I of Lytera, and Anthony Clark from New Florence. Our polls indicate that either Cameron I or Clark will win. Alex I is trailing behind by a large margin...
- Chancellor Clark met with Kaiser Newton I and Chancellor Frisch of the Würtige Empire, and signed a mutual recognition treaty. The three met in London, making for the first in-person diplomatic meeting New Florence has attended...
- 16 June - New Florence wins plastic bag lawsuit
- New Florence has successfully challenged a Grand Unified Micronational policy that incentivised the purchase of plastic bags for life. In early May, Chair Jack Dean announced the Green Development Project, led by the development secretary, Alex I. The project calls for participants to complete various environmentally-focused tasks. A participant earns points by completing specified tasks...
- On June 6th, 2015, the Republic of Abies was established on a whim from finding the micronational community and the MicroWiki. Now, 6 years, 2 declarations of independence, and plenty of name and flag changes later, the State of Pacem stands in its place, and today, June 6th, 2021, Pacem celebrates this longevity on Pacem Day...
- On the 22nd of May, members of the Greater Tytannia Local Council voted to pass a resolution creating a Greater Tytannia Constabulary, a local police force for the province. Whilst there has been no official comment from local leaders as to the reasoning behind this unprecedented move...
- The House of Citizens met on the 30th of January, where the government introduced two key bills. The first was the long-awaited Budget for the 2020-21 financial year, which alongside routine expenditure and Sovereign Grant provisions, set out the voluntary tax scheme...
- In a new take on how micronations conduct diplomacy, on 22 May 2021, First Secretary James Bornstein of Desert District sent two physical copies of a treaty of mutual recognition between...
- 28 May - Alliance established with Wyvern
- One of Austenasia’s oldest international friends, the Kingdom of Wyvern, has entered into an official alliance with the Empire of Austenasia upon the signing of a treaty earlier today between the sovereigns of the two countries. Although Austenasia maintains close and friendly diplomatic relations with numerous nations – forty two, at present...
- 14 Jun - We have moved to nacre.cupertinoalliance.ca
- 14 Jun - King Joseph got his first vaccination doze
- 12 Jun - Crisis in Wamong: Kira Duighan is captured
- 12 Jun - Crisis in Wamong
- 12 Jun - Ninjasus and Oniya begins drafting Treaty
- 12 Jun - Federal Council nominations open, election date set
- 12 Jun - Plant subsidy, Discord Nitro giveaway, and coat of arm services – a recap of the Cupertino Alliance
- 11 Jun - Vancouver Island Situation Resolved: False Dominion Finally Relents
- 11 Jun - Rain, heavy winds hit Suverskan prairies
- 8 Jun - Nichensburg proclaimed Second Jerusalem
Analysis and opinions
- DSD Statistics 16 June - DSD Statistics - Report on Opinion Polling for GUM Chair Election, June 2021
- Pin Analytics 16 June - Pin Analytics - GUM Chair Election, June 2021 Poll Results
- Notes on the Right to Self-determination in China 26 May - Notes on the Right to Self-determination in China
- Flora and Fauna in Ruberia 20 May - Flora and Fauna in Ruberia
- Quo Times 14 May - Pacem and the GUM: Pacemians on the largest micronational organization
- West Canada Broadcast Company 2 May - The West Canadian Army: A Legacy of Service
- Normano-Nichish Royal Gazette 17 Apr - [OP-ED] Divide in micronationalism is growing, here's why
- Purvanchal Times 10 Apr - Obituary-HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-2021).
- 7 June - The Desert of Many Troubles- Bushistan Countryballs
- 10 May - I Built a Micronation
- 9 May - Victory Day Broadcast Special
- 28 Apr - Fade into View single "Odyssey Part 2"
- 23 Apr - What it's like to be: West Canadian Coal Miner (Feat. Governor-General Connor Shaw)
- 16 Apr - Multavia: all endings
- 16 Apr - All Endings: Lytera
- 10 Apr - Snagov: All endings
- 1 Apr - Micronational Geographic Episode One
- 22 Mar - Personal Ranking - All Frozen 2 Songs
Ebenthal, officially the Kingdom of Ebenthal (Portuguese: Reino de Ebenthal), is an enclaved micronation located in South America, bordering Brazil, Roschfallen and Luna. At 6.5 square kilometers (2.5 square miles) and with over 150 people, the territory of Ebenthal is divided into enclaves within the Brazilian states of Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais, in eight cities. The capital and most populated city is Gillisburgh. Portuguese is the national and one of the country's two official languages along with English. German is recognized as a minority language and, along with Spanish, has co-official status in two different federative units. The Ebenthali territory comprises several buildings and lands including farms, a lake and a river. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Empire of Vyomania (3 June 2020); People's reformed States Republic (1 Jun 2010); Federal Commonwealth of Havnesgade-Amager (1 Jun 2011); Aenderia (2 Jun 2018); IKwaZulu-Natali (5 Jun 1955); Abeldane Empire (6 Jun 2014); USLSSR (9 Jun 2010); Angle-Saxish Kingdom (10 Jun 2010); Kingdom of Moylurg (11 Jun 2009); Republic of Taigh a Bata (15 Jun 2009); Snagovian Federal Republic (18 Jun 2020); The Micronational Empire of Thebes (19 Jun 2019); Baustralia (20 Jun 2017); State Union of Vlasynia-Dartiria (21 Jun 2018); United Provinces Under Chance (22 Jun 2010); Republic of Wyke (22 Jun 2010); Noble Republic of Lurk (25 Jun 2011); Republic of GSMLL (28 Jun 2009).
- Unknown - Ferengool is deposed by the army of Rushymia, Billy I becoming the new Warlord (1997).
- Unknown - Barry I leads the northern part of the Kingdom of South Bank in rebellion against King Declan I but is defeated (2002).
- 1st - Antonio I of Earth's Kingdom has definitively published the Constitution of the State (2020).
- 3rd - Princess Caroline of Austenasia sends a message to the remaining Carolinian nations asking them to withdraw their support now that she had lost the Austenasian Civil War (2010).
- 8th - Written and aproved the first constitution that declared Federalia as one free republic, also Federalia's national day (2018)
- 8th - Federal absolute elective monarchy is proclaimed in the State of Vishwamitra ending the twelve years of republic in the nation. (2020)
- 9th - Revolution Day is celebrated in the Lewisham Democratic Republic and many territories of the former USLSSR for the first time since the collapse of the USLSSR (2012).
- 20th - Land part of which will become the nation's capital is annexed by the Confederation of Awesome with the signing of the Province Annexation Treaty (2010); Prince Zarel I of New Eiffel abdicates (2020).
- 24th - Orly is liberated from the Wessaxon throne, ending foreign rule in the Carshalton Nations (2013).
- 26th - The Noble Republic of Lurk signs its first intermicronational treaty, with Flatland, the anniversary of which is celebrated annually on Diplomacy Day (2011).
- 29th - Sir Calum first expresses an interest to the then Western Emperor in founding a nation - this will later become Orly (2010).
- 30th - The Ruling Council is created by a new Supreme Directive in the Empire of Adammia, transforming the nation from an absolute to a constitutional monarchy (2013).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?