List of political parties in Sabia and Verona
This article lists political parties in Sabia and Verona. Historically, Sabia and Verona had been a multi-party system with numerous political parties, in which often no one party had a chance of gaining power alone, and parties had to work with each other to form coalition governments. Since 2018, Sabia and Verona has had a two-party system, with only two active and registered parties operating nationwide: the Liberals and the Democrats.
|Political parties represented in the Parliament of Sabia and Verona|
|Statism, isolationism||Left||Apollo Cerwyn|
|Liberalism, expansionism||Right||Shounn Virny|
Sabia and Verona has seen many different political parties during its existence.
- Socialist Party (CM/Sahoedang) – socialist, bleuberrist. Founded by Napoléon Bleuberrie. Largest political party in the Kingdom during its existence. Operated from 2012 to 2014.
- Free Suyu Front (FSF) - environmentalist, anti-bleuberrist. Founded in 2013 as an anarchist movement by Hidram Cerwyn; later became a left-leaning green party. Merged into the Roots Party shortly after its foundation.
- Strawberry Party (xAM) - environmentalist, social ecologist. Founded by Tarik Kârjasary to participate in the May 2013 election. Only party in Sabia and Verona's history to be founded or led by a human citizen. Merged into the Roots Party shortly after its foundation.
- Righteous Faith League (OBL) – far-right, neo-fascist. Operated for a short time in 2013. Founded by Hans Starlynn. Banned by the High Court of Cassation and Justice of Juclandia.
- Roots Party (AEM) - environmentalist, social democratic, anti-bleuberrist. Founded in 2013 as a merger between the FSF and xAM. Governed alongside AMD from 2013 to 2014. Split into a number of parties after the adoption of the Constitution of 2014.
- Pashqari People's Party (PMM) - pro-Pashqari minority interests, nationalist, social democratic. Founded by the Marlaryen brothers in 2013 to represent the burgeoning Pashqari minority. Dissolved in 2015.
- Communist Party of Sabia and Verona (KMCW) - Marxist-Leninist, anti-bleuberrist. Split from the Socialist Party in 2013. Merged into the Left Alliance in 2014.
- Initiative for Democracy (AMD/D) – liberal, centrist. Founded by Ann Stefanović in 2013 after a split from the Liberals (then known as the Unity Party). Remained active until 2015.
- Bakinn (A) – federalist, green. Successor of the Roots Party, founded in 2014. Merged into the Left Alliance in 2016.
- Left Alliance (R) – eco-socialist, for direct democracy. Merged into the Democratic Party in 2017.
- National Artists' Guild (DSN) - nationalist, neo-bleuberrist. Formed by factions of the Left Alliance and Bakinn, in 2015, in the aftermath of the Haronos Plan. Governed Sabia and Verona from its foundation to 2017 under the leadership of Shounn Virny. Dissolved in 2018.
Additionally, a number of electoral and political alliances have surged between parties in Sabia and Verona:
- Progressive Coalition (PA - NT) - progressive, anti-bleuberrism. Formed between the Roots Party, Initiative for Democracy and the Pashqari People's Party. Governed in the 4th government. Active 2013-14.
- Road Towards Change (Képren Lâdom) - anti-bleuberrist. Formed between the Unity Party (now known as the Liberals) and Initiative for Democracy. Governed in the 6th government. Active 2014-15.
- Valtirian National Party (VDM) - democratic socialist, left-wing. Formed between the Left Alliance and Convergence and Amity, and later the National Artists' Guild. Governed (nominally) in the 7th and 8th governments. Active 2015-16.
- ""Righteous Faith League" ceases operations". The SiV Phonograph. 1 June 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Ban on far-right political parties lifted". The SiV Phonograph. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Bakinn to merge into the Left Alliance". The SiV Phonograph. 24 April 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "The Democratic Party, the long-awaited 'leftist superfront'" The SiV Phonograph. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "National Artists' Guild members vote to dissolve party for good". The SiV Phonograph. 18 July 2018. Retrieved 19 July 2018.