Grand Theft Auto V affair
|Grand Theft Auto V affair|
The location of the main battle
Ponderosa Hills |
|Commanders and leaders|
Jayden Lycon |
Leon Montan |
Aenderian Coast Guard |
His Royal Army of New Eiffel
|National Liberation Army|
The Grand Theft Auto V affair was an affair between various micronationalists involving Leon Montan owning the game Grand Theft Auto V. The affair began on 28 January, after Jayden Lycon posted a sarcastic message with Zarel Smith and Leon Montan joining. The affair escalated on 4 February 2020 after intervention by Aidan McGrath. The conflict ended the day later and Montan uninstalling the game soon after the event was ended.
Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The Entertainment Software Rating Board, also known as the ESRB, rated this game as mature, due to its use of blood, nudity, language, alcohol, etc. On 26 January 2020, Leon Montan complained to TOES concerning his slow download speed when downloading the game. This was noticed by Lycon and was later confirmed by Montan on 27 January 2020. As Montan was 13 at the time and the ESRB having jurisdiction in his area (that being North America), it would have been against the rating to play the game.
On 28 January 2020, Jayden Lycon, then-commander-in-chief of the Aenderian Coast Guard, issued a sarcastic warrant notice named "delete gta V"' stating that Montan would be arrested for downloading Grand Theft Auto V while being underage, despite having no jurisdiction over Montan and himself owning the game yet underage.
the Aenderian Coast Guard issued a warrant that we found you downloading grand theft auto V but it says it is rated for mature and leon montan page says you are 13 so uninstall or else we will arrest u Jaydenfromcanada (talk) 01:31, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
Zarel Smith of New Eiffel would also criticize Montan shortly after. A day later, the message was received by Montan and he later responded, preparing the National Liberation Army to intervene Jayden Lycon's buttocks. The conversation was later forgotten.
On 4 February 2020, Aidan McGrath from Paloma intervened, criticizing Lycon for threatening to arrest Montan despite having no jurisdiction and that Lycon would just start even more drama. McGrath also challenged Lycon to do the same, as McGrath owned a copy of Grand Theft Auto and was lower than 18 (despite the fact that the game is rated 17 or over). Zarel Smith later threatened war between New Eiffel and Paloma, in which McGrath laughed at. After, Montan and Smith told McGrath that the whole conflict was purely non-serious and a joke. Zarel would later inform that New Eiffel was mobilizing 200 troops armed with nerf guns, in an attempt to assassinate Montan, despite the fact that the United Armed Forces lacked the resources to fulfill such a task. Cole Baird from Wegmat later criticized Montan for downloading the game and was planning to sue Rockstar Games for the bad game.
The affair was largely meme'd about in TOES, as well as in private talks between Lycon and Montan. Montan would later delete the game near the end of the affair as he didn't like the game, as well as taking too much space on his hard drive.
On 19 June 2020, after rediscovering the chat, Lycon noticed that McGrath challenged him to do the same with him. There were plans to start another conflict, with Lycon mailing Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada, for military assistance using his powers prescribed in the Statute of Westminster, 1931, including a request to declare war on Ponderosa Hills and Paloma despite the fact that Aenderia does not hold a military treaty between Canada and Trudeau not having jurisdiction in Michigan, the state where McGrath resides in. As McGrath reached the threshold of 17 to play the game on 7 July 2020, as well as no response from the Canadian government, plans to continue the war were scrapped.
On 24 June 2020, due to unclear communication, the affair re-escalated but was later corrected by Lycon. No fighting was conducted but the Cubian DEFCON system was tripped due to this incident.
On 15 October 2020, Montan showed interest in re-installing Grand Theft Auto V, leading to the Aenderian Coast Guard to transmit various messages to allies including Essexia, Iustus, Yu-Xia, and Jamez for assistance to the possible conflict. An invasion plan to various parts of Ponderosa Hills was also drafted later in the day, crossing through Highland Creek to invade Lafreniere, an autonomous province of Ponderosa Hills west of Aenderia.
On 13 November 2020, Lycon received a reply from the letter he sent in June 2020 regarding the affair from the Office of the Prime Minister of Canada. The letter later got 3.4 thousand upvotes on Reddit. On 18 November 2020, Montan was playing Grand Theft Auto V without intervention from the Aenderian Coast Guard.
The incident was mostly only known to the people who were involved in it. Though, there have been some micronations who have reacted to this incident.
A transmission was sent by the Coast Guard after receiving a notice stating that Montan was going to download Grand Theft Auto V, with a few micronations responding to the transmission.
- Essexia: After receiving the transmission on 15 October 2020, Lord Matthew of Essexia simply responded with the word "bruh", implying no interest in this event.
- Jamez responded to the transmission with a recommendation to indict him.
- New Eiffel: Zarel Smith responded with an inappropriate image from the Independent.
|grand theft auto v affair|
|Directed by||Jayden Lycon|
|Produced by||Jayden Lycon|
|Based on||Garfielf |
American Revolution / Independence in a Nutshell
|Starring||Microball adaptations of Ponderosa Hills and Aenderia|
|Edited by||Microsoft PowerPoint |
Wondershare Filmora 9
|21 November 2020|
|1 minute 37 seconds|
The conflict has appeared in a film of the same name, made by Lycon on 21 November 2020, featuring the microball versions of both Aenderia and Ponderosa Hills. The film parodies Garfielf by PilotRedSun and American Revolution / Independence in a Nutshell by Kaliningrad General as it features poorly drawn art and the same text to speech software.
The film starts with the narrator accidentally messing up PowerPoint settings leading to the presentation being viewed in narrator mode. This is rapidly corrected and starts with Aenderiaball supervising Ponderosa Hillsball. Ponderosa Hillsball suggests downloading Grand Theft Auto V, causing Aenderiaball to become angry and claiming that Ponderosa Hills was too violent. Ponderosa Hillsball prepares for battle and installs Grand Theft Auto V against the wishes of Aenderiaball. Aenderiaball warns that this is a serious offence, but Ponderosa Hillsball dismisses the warning and destroys Franklin's car, managed to force the Royal Navy to withdraw, as well as manages to kill Franklin, a character in the game. This leads to Aenderiaball giving up. The film later cuts to a viewer watching the film which leads to the Federal Bureau of Investigations raiding the viewer.
Though the film was based on the conflict, the film overlooks and adapts various historical events, including:
- Aenderia does not supervise Ponderosa Hills in the video game industry
- Aenderia does not officially say that Ponderosa Hills was violent when downloading Grand Theft Auto V; the reason cited for the arrest was because of the game's ESRB rating
- The film does not mention the interventions of Paloma, New Eiffel, nor Wegmat
- The film mentions the Royal Navy, despite nether Aenderia nor Ponderosa Hills having a military branch named "Royal Navy"
911 Operator expansion
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
|MicroCommons has media related to: Category:Grand Theft Auto V affair|
- Hill, Matt (7 September 2013). "Grand Theft Auto V: meet Dan Houser, architect of a gaming phenomenon". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Archived from the original on 8 September 2013. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- French, Michael (4 October 2013). "Inside Rockstar North – Part 2: The Studio". Develop. Intent Media. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (n.d.) Grand Theft Auto V
- Montan, Leon, and Smith, Zarel (26 January 2020) TOESchat part one
- Montan, Leon, and Smith, Zarel (26 January 2020) TOESchat part two
- "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS". ESRB. 3 April 2019. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- "A Brief History of the ESRB". Gamasutra. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
Currently, the United States, Canada, and Mexico utilize the ESRB for games released in North America.
- Lycon, Montan, et. al (28 January - 5 February 2020) User talk:ThatMLGDorito#delete_gta_V
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (n.d.) Ratings Guide
- Lycon, Jayden (22 June 2020) Letter to the Right Honourable Prime Minister
- Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada (15 October 2020) Prime Minister's Office
- King, Robin Levinson (19 October 2015). "Liberals projected to win majority". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on October 20, 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Fortin, Steve (6 February 2008). "Is "declaration of war" an antiquated expression?". The Maple Leaf. Department of National Defence of Canada/Canadian Forces. 11 (5): 6. Archived from the original on 23 September 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Rossignol, Michel (August 1992). "Parliament, the National Defence Act, and the Decision to Participate". Public Works and Government Services Canada. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- "Statute of Westminster 1931" (PDF). legislation.gov.uk. The National Archives (UK). 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0
- Montan, Leon (21 June 2020) MicroWiki revision 624568, Grand Theft Auto V affair
- Lycon, Jayden (21 June 2020) MicroWiki revision 624696, Grand Theft Auto V affair
- BSMMedia (24 June 2020) Reivison 626182, User talk:ThatMLGDorito
- Montan, Leon (15 October 2020) Montan showing interest in re-installing Grand Theft Auto V
- Lycon, Jayden (15 October 2020) Transmission from the Fifth Aenderian Republic
- Lycon, Jayden (15 October 2020) Battleplan for possible engagement
- Lycon, Jayden (28 May 2020) Declaration of Independence from the Dominion of Canada in regard to the Autonomous Province of Lafreniere
- Lycon, Jayden (13 November 2020) Imgur link containing letters
- u/kazoosportacus (13 November 2020) Sent a satirical letter to the Prime Minister named "Baron Shrek", I got sent back a letter and it turns to be a disappointment
- Montan, Leon (18 November 2020) Leon playing GTA V
- Frisch, James (21 June 2020) Revision 624536, Grand Theft Auto V affair
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Empire of Iustus (21 June 2020) Lycon attempts to get Iustus to react to the Grand Theft Auto V affair
- Lycon, Jayden and S, Matthew (15 October 2020) Essexian delegate receives transmission
- Lycon, Jayden and Jamez (15 October 2020) Desert District delegation receives transmission
- Lycon, Jayden (21 November 2020) grand theft auto v affair
- Lycon, Jayden (13 January 2021) Steam Workshop: Grand Theft Auto V Affair