Balloon volleyball is a sport played in Starhigh. Some players find the Starhighan rules rather complicated. They are as followed:
Usually two high chairs are put side by side in a hallway to create a barrier. Any doors that are in the hallway are closed (if possible). Usually a door in the middle of the two squares is left open so that the referee (if there is one) can view the game probably.
- You may not get out on the first serve. However, if you get out on the first serve 3 times (in one game) you can get out on the first serve.
- You may not put your hand over the barrier.
- You may not touch the balloon more than 2 times before sending it over the barrier.
- If the balloon hits the ground on your sides out the area you are out.
- If the balloon hits the ground on your side you're out.
- If the balloon hits the barrier on your side you're out.
- If the balloon hits the top of the barrier it is called 'lines' this means that you can not get out on that hit and your opponent can not get out on his/her next hit.
- You may not grab the balloon.
- You may not harm or block your opponent.
- If you only have 3 players the person who is currently out is the referee and must be impartial.