Awards and decorations of Überstadt
The Kingdom of Überstadt uses an honors system implemented in February 2012 to replace the awards of the former government. The monarch is the fount of all honors, and has the sole authority to award any Überstadti recognition.
Two orders of chivalry exist in Überstadt. Each is divided into two levels of membership, Knight or Dame and Knight or Dame Commander. The rank of Knight/Dame Commander is granted in exceptional cases of contribution to the nation. King Adam serves as the sovereign for both. A member of either order may be addressed as Sir or Dame.
Most Excellent Order of the Seagull
The Most Excellent Order of the Seagull is awarded to citizens of Überstadt for outstanding contributions to the culture, politics, economy, or welfare of Überstadt. Any person who was a citizen at the time of their meritorious deeds is eligible for membership in this order. Knights and Dames in the Order of the Seagull may use the postnominal letters KOS if male or DOS if female, and Knight and Dame Commanders may use the postnominals KCS if male or DCS if female.
- Michael of Edmount, for his role in the foundation, reform, and early monarchichal politics of Überstadt.
- Prince Aaron of Überstadt, for his role in Überstadti politics, serving as Opposition Leader and Prime Minister.
- HH King Mother Kara, for sewing the first cloth flag, assisting in governmental reform, and continuously supporting Überstadt.
- Theron of Edmount, first Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Überstadt.
- Adara of America, for her role in the foundation of Überstadt.
Most Noble Order of the Hawk
The Most Noble Order of the Hawk is awarded to citizens of countries other than Überstadt for outstanding contributions to the interests or welfare of the Kingdom of Überstadt. Knights and Dames in the Order of the Hawk may use the postnominal letters KOH if male or DOH if female, and Knight and Dame Commanders may use the postnominals KCH if male or DCH if female.
- Jonathan of Austenasia, for constant service to peace and stability in the MicroWiki community, for diplomatic accomplishments, and for long-term contributions to the Grand Unified Micronational. Awarded while Crown Prince of Austenasia.
- Luke Albertschine, for assisting in the cultivation of the Über-Amagerian relationship and pursuit of mutual interests.
- Niels of Flandrensis, for his diplomatic contributions to the Kingdom and for the foundation of the UAMW.
- Aldrich Lucas, for his assistance to Überstadt during its first weeks on MicroWiki
- Marka Mejakhansk, for contributions to communitywide peace.
- Alexander Reinhardt, for contributions to communitywide peace and Überstadti interests.
The Service Medal is awarded to members of the armed and civil services who have completed a year of employment. The medal is gold in color and embossed with laurel wreaths and a large "S", which stands for "service." It is worn pinned to the clothing.
- Adam I of Überstadt, civil service, Secretary of the Treasury
- Seth, Second Baron Ballinger, military service, Royal Army and Royal Gendarmerie
- Stephen von Washington, military service, His Majesty's Navy
- Prince Aaron of Überstadt, military service, His Majesty's Navy
Kritarchial awards and honors
The kritarchial government of Überstadt awarded the Society of Ballinger as an equivalent to knighthood. This was replaced by the chivalric orders during the transition to a monarchy. All members of the Society of Ballinger were granted with appropriate knighthoods upon the introduction of the new orders. One award given by the old government, however, were not replaced. This was known as the Chief Judge's Citation for Peace and Diplomacy, which was awarded to Niels of Flandrensis and Donald Sunderland.