Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Austenasian Civil War
|Austenasian Civil War|
|Part of the Second Black March|
A graphic produced by the St.Charlian Observer to represent the civil war, depicting Princess Caroline and Esmond III in combat over Wrythe.
Kingdom of Angador (March 11-April 2)
| Esmondian leaders
HIM Emperor Esmond III
| Carolinian leaders|
Lord General William
|Injuries and losses|
The Austenasian Civil War (March - May 2010) was a civil war in the Empire of Austenasia which broke out in response to the ascension of Emperor Esmond III to the Throne. Carolinian rebels (supporters of the claim to the Throne by Princess Caroline) fought against the Austenasian Army, with both sides supported by large numbers of British volunteers locally and several foreign governments abroad.
The civil war began after the failure of the Vestry Conference to successfully secure a compromise to the then Princess Caroline's claim to the Throne. The war expanded into a major conflict when foreign supporters of the Carolinian rebels declared war on Austenasia, the result of which were counter war declarations by the members of the Triune Alliance and other supporters of the Esmondian government.
Although the war got off to a slow start, the first month merely being different small nations issuing declarations of war against each other, the conflict exploded into activity on 18 April 2010 with the Government victory in the Battle of Carshalton Park, followed two weeks later by another government victory in the Battle of the Grove.
The Austenasian Monarchical Referendum, an idea originally suggested by Robert Lethler in GUM peace talks held early on in the war, was organised by the then Crown Prince Jonathan. All main Austenasian figures in the conflict signed the Treaty of Carshalton 2010, putting in force the plans for the Referendum, which was held on 16 May 2010 with a victory for the Emperor. A peace treaty, the Treaty of Ruskin Road 2010, was signed on 24 May with victory for the legitimate government.
The war was influential in galvanizing awareness and attention in the local area for the still relatively young nation of Austenasia. Interest in micronationalism soared, eventually leading to the creation of the larger community known today as the Carshalton Nations, which look towards Austenasia and its Monarch for legitimation and guidance.
The Austenasian Civil War was also a significant event in the history of the MicroWiki community, being the last war to see major community powers actively take sides against each other. Criticism of their decision to do so, especially from articles by the St.Charlian Observer, greatly discredited the notion of "micronational warfare", and subsequent wars between community members have only seen younger and/or less professional micronations take part.
- 1 Causes
- 2 Timeline
- 3 Criticism
- 4 Aftermath
- 5 International reaction
- 6 References
After the Terry I abdication crisis, Esmond III became Monarch due to Parliament having passed Act 105 (Supreme Companion of the Heir). Princess Caroline of Austenasia (Terry's daughter and the 2nd in Line to the Throne before the passing of Act 105) objected to this, believing that Parliament had no right to choose the line of succession. The Vestry Conference (between Crown Prince Jonathan, Princess Caroline and Lord General William) was organised to arrange a compromise.
Princess Caroline was unwilling to relinquish her claim to the Throne, the conference failing to arrange a compromise. Lord General William denounced the Emperor during a pause in the proceedings, not realising that the audio tape recording the conference was still playing. He attempted to sieze this recording from the Crown Prince, who removed his position of Chief Inspector so that he had no right to forcibly obtain it. Tension building, Princess Caroline declared that she would try to depose the Emperor, and was arrested for high treason. Eventually, Lord General William declared civil war on the Austenasian government of Esmond III on behalf of Caroline's claim, and the Crown Prince attempted to arrest him for high treason and rebellion. However, he escaped to South Kilttown. Crown Prince Jonathan and Princess Caroline then returned to Wrythe.
Sunday 7th: Lord General William automatically lost the office of Representative of South Kilttown after committing high treason and rebellion - this office passed to the Town's Baron, Lord John. Princess Caroline was placed under low-security house arrest immediately after returning from the Vestry Conference: she was permitted to leave the Imperial Residence for school and other vital activities, but for any other reason required permission from a Wrythe Town Council Member. The Crown Prince also revoked her DPP in his personal chivalric order.
The Socialist Union of Nemkhavia and Pristinia stated that they were "ready to take any actions necessary to ensure a rebel victory in this civil war", and although did not make an official declaration of war upon the Empire, the SUNP Government added the nation to the list of belligerents in the civil war. The Midget Nation-in-Exile declared war on Lord General William's forces soon after the announcement made by the Socialist Union - the first time that the Midget Nation had been at war since 2006. The Grand Unified Micronational arranged for peace talks to take place on Wednesday 10th.
Monday 8th: The Prime Minister, Crown Prince Jonathan, met with HIM Emperor Esmond III, who gave Imperial Consent to Act 116. This merged the Imperial Navy and Imperial Air Force with the Austenasian Army, and ordered it to mobilise to defend the Empire. Act 116 also removed Lord General William of all Austenasian offices and titles, made the Crown Prince the Minister of Defence, and placed South Kilttown under a state of martial law.
The Emperor expressed considerable concern that other nations were becoming involved, stating that even if the rebels made peace with the Empire, other nations that took sides may continue to fight. The Austenasian Army called up most of its reserves, increasing its active size to 11 soldiers, all of which were placed under the command of Crown Prince Jonathan as Minister of Defence and Field Marshal, and General Sir Joseph Goldie, KCP, as leading General in the newly enlarged Austenasian Army. William informed the Prime Minister that he had recruited 15 soldiers ready to attack the Empire.
Between 17:00 and 17:30, William attempted to persuade the Princess to attack the Prime Minister over Windows Live Messenger. Messages such as "ATTACK JONATHAN RIGHT NOW please", "put some salt in his drink or something for covert infiltration", "just attack him and don't go away until he calls your mum/dad" and "spay air freshner[sic] in his room" were discovered by the Crown Prince before Princess Caroline could act on them. The Crown Prince announced that unless the Princess actually did act on these messages, he would not attempt to deprive her of internet access, stating that he had no right to cut her off from the outside world. Princess Caroline designed a flag, the Carolinian Star, to use when advancing her claim to the Throne, and the rebels of South Kilttown even published a website at southkilttown.webs.com.
In the evening, the Socialist Union claimed to have made contact and allied itself with a neighbouring micronation claiming territory in former Brühl, Germany. This micronation, Neu-Karthaginia, allegedly assured that it would do everything it could to help in the Austenasian conflict. Later that evening, the Kingdom of Sterling declared war on the Empire of Austenasia, and the Univist Republican Phoenix Empire declared war on the rebels. Eniarku also declared war on the legitimate government, but withdrew their declaration later that night.
Tuesday 9th: New recruits swelled the size of the Austenasian Army to 19 as William announced that the size of his rebel forces had increased to 25. Ideas for uniform were put forward by General Sir Joseph as the Emperor's school begun to be gripped by what the Prime Minister called "Austenasian fever" - students were seen to salute the Emperor and Crown Prince as they walked down corridors, and as stated previously there was a massive increase in the number of recruits to the Austenasian Army, with many other students pledging to help defend the Emperor without enlisting in the military.
Altogether, the Carolinian side counted 72 army members as of 18:00 UTC whereas the Esmondian side became 65 strong after the URPE called upon its Imperial Army Reservists. "Mark Dresner" of the SUNP called on the URPE to "stop lying", saying that "there's no way on earth" they had 43 soldiers. Maliq III of the URPE responded to this, stating that the URPE considered "all government officials and all citizens" as soldiers.
Wednesday 10th: The size of the Austenasian Army increased by 5 as the surge of new recruits supporting the Emperor continued. The new, enlarged Austenasian Army was fully structured by HIH Crown Prince Jonathan, as the Austenasian Government also received a declaration of war from the Zonian Confederacy.
Crown Prince Jonathan asked Emperor Esmond and Princess Caroline to accept a 60-hour ceasefire after watching an address made by Prince Ryuho of Aspinburgh. The terms were accepted, and the two Austenasian sides agreed to not launch any attacks until 05:00 on 13 March. GUM-mediated peace talks between Emperor Esmond, Crown Prince Jonathan and Princess Caroline ended with the suggestion to implement a referendum amongst all subjects of the Empire to gain the people's opinion on who the Monarch should be. This idea was put under serious consideration by both sides of the conflict.
Later that evening, the Solvo Federation entered the war on the side of Esmond III, and New Europe turned their support from the rebels to the legal government, a declaration of war pending. The Kingdom of Sterling, on the other hand, withdrew from the war, stating that they preferred to support the idea of a shared monarchs. It is said that the decision was somehow influenced by an article on the St.Charlian Observer that criticized Sterling's participation in the war, although Sterling denied it.
Thursday 11th: The senate of the Republic of Jibbon attempted to pass an act to support the rebel efforts, intending to deploy their overseas branch to Austenasia. The Viceroy refused to sign the act, stating it violated an earlier Union vote.
The Kingdom of Angador declared war on the legitimate government, whereas the Univist Republican Phoenix Empire pulled out of the war, urging all foreign belligerents to do the same. By the evening, the Austenasian Army had gained 3 more recruits. Crown Prince Jonathan arranged with Lord General William to extend the ceasefire for another 48 hours - the war was now scheduled to continue at 05:00 Monday 15th.
Friday 12th: Ideas for an Austenasian Imperial Marine Corps, a successor to the disestablished Imperial Navy, were put forward by Admiral Colonel Jack Sheridan, awaiting official establishment by Act of Parliament on Monday 15th. The Solvo Federation withdrew from the war.
Saturday 13th: The Socialist Union and Neu-Karthaginia both withdrew from the war. NottaLotta Acres declared war on the legitimate Austenasian Government, joining the Zonian Confederacy in forming the Allied Carolinian Coalition.
Monday 15th: The Emperor signed into law Act 117, officially establishing the Austenasian Imperial Marine Corps, to be led by Admiral Colonel Jack Sheridan. The OAM passed Resolution 32, calling for a peaceful conclusion to the war. The Crown Prince warned Princess Caroline that Esmond III would soon have undisputable legitimacy as Emperor as the highly secretive Project Imperium was started. The Kingdom of Sterling threatened to rejoin the war if they objected to Project Imperium, to which Crown Prince Jonathan announced that it was neither the building of a new weapon nor anything that would physically harm any person in any way.
Thursday 18th: The Empire of New Europe declared war on the rebels and their supporters, honouring their commitment under the Triune Alliance. Later that same day, Ohio also pledged their military support for Austenasia.
Friday 19th: William sent a message to the Prime Minister stating that there were now 42 troops under his command - a huge recruitment drive on his behalf had been undertaken in response to New Europe entering the war.
Saturday 20th: The Kingdom of Sterling re-entered the war under the Allied Carolinian Coalition after the Zonian Confederacy withdrew from the coalition and from the war. The Midget Nation-in-Exile accepted Sterling's declaration of war, and also changed their diplomatic stance towards Secundomia and Yunivers to "Enemy", due to their support for the rebels.
Sunday 21st: The Midget Nation joined the Triune Alliance. William declared himself to be reinstated as Representative after the passing of "Bye-law 1" by the South Kilttown Town Council. However, the Prime Minister declared this an unlawful act under Act 70, Law 5: a bye-law cannot contradict an Act of Parliament, and Act 116 had made Lord John the Acting Representative indefinitely, until the end of the war. Nevertheless, although Lord John remained the de jure Acting Representative, William held all the power as South Kilttown's de facto Representative.
Tuesday 23rd: William announced that the forces under his command now outnumbered the Austenasian Armed Forces more than 3:1.
Wednesday 24th: William confirmed that the number of his troops was over 81. A ceasefire was arranged, to last from 18:00 that evening to the same time on Monday 29th.
Thursday 25th: Crown Prince Jonathan announced that Esmond III's coronation was being planned for sometime in the two weeks after Easter.
Friday 26th: Unknown to William, the Crown Prince left Wrythe on a residential school trip to Osmington. To prevent his sister holding a coronation to help legitimise her own claim in his absence, the Imperial Regalia was put under tighter safeguarded - the Imperial Diadem was hidden in a secret location, and the Imperial Chain was placed in the temporary care of General Sir J. Goldie.
Monday 29th: Crown Prince Jonathan returned to Wrythe, with no action having been taken by the rebels in his absence.
Wednesday 31st: Kleinland offically joined the war, on the Loyalist side.
Thursday 1st: Crown Prince Jonathan confirmed that the coronation of HIM Emperor Esmond III would likely take place on Wednesday 7. Other possible dates were the 5th, 6th, or 9th.
Esmond III and Princess Caroline contacted each other directly for the first time, with the Emperor telephoning the Princess. Little came of the phone call, however, with both individuals simply repeating demands for the other to surrender.
Sterling officially left the war, with Parker I deriding the war as "a series of empty threats from both sides", and withdrew from the Allied Carolinian Coalition. Crown Prince Jonathan thanked the Kingdom of Sterling for withdrawing.
Friday 2nd: Crown Prince Jonathan finally released his fifth Prime Minister's Broadcast, which dealt exclusively with the subject of the war. NottaLotta Acres and the Kingdom of Angador withdrew from the war, dissolving the Allied Carolinian Coalition and leaving the rebels with no international military support.
Tuesday 6th: New Europe proposed an amended armistice agreement to the rebels on behalf of the Triune Alliance. Crown Prince Jonathan announced that for unforseen reasons the coronation had been postponed to Monday 12th.
Sunday 11th: The coronation was once again postponed, this time to an unspecified date later in the month. Crown Prince Jonathan unilaterally demanded that South Kilttown surrender, or else prepare for an attack in order to end the war.
Sunday 18th: A small detachment of the Austenasian Army won a victory over William in the Battle of Carshalton Park afer he rejected their peace terms and attempted to steal their equipment.
Thursday 22nd: The Treaty of Carshalton was drafted by the Prime Minister, beginning the process of organising the Monarch-deciding referendum initially proposed during the 10th March GUM peace talks. Confident of victory, the Emperor cancelled the coronation as an unnecessary ceremonial strengthening of a legitimate reign, but stated that it would probably take place after the war was over.
Friday 30th: The Orphanian Republic sent the following message to the Austenasian Prime Minister: "The people of the Orphanian Republic would like you to know that we stand by you in your war against the rebels and their allies. We would also like to inform you that the Orphanian Republic officially declares war on all micronations fighting on the side of the rebels! Long live Austenasia and her allies!"
Saturday 1st: Lord John signed the Treaty of Carshalton, leaving William as the only signatory left to sign.
Sunday 2nd: Foreign supporters of Esmond III were attacked by foreign supporters of Princess Caroline in the Grove Park (modern-day Orly). The Carolinians were defeated and the Esmondians claimed the park in the name of the Emperor against any other rebel supporters.
Sunday 16th: The Austenasian Monarchical Referendum took place. Esmond III received double the amount of votes received by Princess Caroline, winning the referendum by far. A peace treaty was planned, to be signed on 24 May.
Sunday 23rd: The Treaty of Ruskin Road 2010 was signed by Crown Prince Jonathan, Princess Caroline, and The Hon. William K. - Princess Caroline withdrew her immediate claim to the Throne, renounced all military support for it, was freed from house arrest and accepted a sentence of a week's exile for High Treason. William K. surrendered, disbanded all rebel forces, recognised Esmond III as Emperor and Acts 105 and 113 as lawful in return for an amnesty, as it was recognised that he was of the incorrect, but sincere, belief that he was doing his duty to who he thought should lawfully be Monarch.
Monday 24th: Emperor Esmond III gave the final signature to the Treaty of Ruskin Road, entering it into force and ending the war with victory for the Esmondians.
Foreign military involvement
Since the beginning of the war, military involvement of foreign micronations was heavily criticized by several old and young micronationalists. Gordon Freeman, Chairman of A1 decided not to take any involvement in the matter due to worries that a large number of foreign paticipants might cause the civil conflict to escalate beyond the Austenasian issue, which indeed occured with the start of the Flaradonian-Solvoian War, which received a negative response by Austenasian officials as well.
Another dissenter was Alexander Reinhardt, Prime Minister of St.Charlie. In his article, "The corrosive decline of community", published on the St.Charlian Observer on 10 March, he criticized the need of military help to both sides, judging it as a way to "seek attention", "without understanding what a stupid idea it was". In the article, an especially large amount of importance was given to the fact that the negotiations led by the Grand Unified Micronational were made without the involvement of any foreign allies of either side.
The article written by Reinhardt received a negative reply from Mark Dresner (supporter of the war) who replied by stating that "for the SUNP this is a matter of *morale*, we believe that, as family, Caroline is the rightful heir to the throne. We don’t want attention. Heck we would support them in secret if we could, but we can’t, because we have no contact established". Dresner also claimed that Caroline had not been made aware of her support on MicroWiki due to the oppressive measures of the Austenasian government. However, it was quickly proven that the Princess had already established contact with the GUM some days before, and was aware of the support.
Another response, though more risqué, was the one published in the Egtavian Star by Pierre d'Égtavie, who referred to leaders involved in the war as "blithering idiots" for a holding a "pointless argument over a micronation that does not and should not concern them". However, the Egtavian President later apologised for his comments in an official statement of neutrality, although it was stated in the Egtavian Star that he still disapproved of the war, calling it "not necessary".
The civil war in Austenasia also worried several members of the Antarctic Micronational Union, especially the involvement of new, young micronations. With the view that the civil war was influencing diplomatic instability amongst Antarctic micronations, the AMU voted for the temporary suspension of Sterling during the conflict and considered cancelling the membership application of the Phoenix Empire.
Another criticism came from uniformed opponents of the civil war. In a video aired on the St.Charlie Broadcasting Network, Admiral General Leonard Von Sternberg, commander of the armed forces of St.Charlie, criticized the involvement of Lord General William in the rebel forces, claiming that a soldier "must always remain loyal to [the Emperor], to its constitution and to the military oath that we all do for wearing a uniform".
The video did not receive a response by Austenasian officials, nor by William himself, though it was well received by Nick Maggiore, a leading St.Charlian reporter. "I personally liked it, because unlike some foreign addresses I've seen in the last days, his speech was not pretentious, or conceited. It was condemning the rebels, obviously, but for a proper reason: once a soldier, always a soldier", he wrote the day after the publication.
The Austenasian Civil War had a profound and lasting impact on Austenasia, the Carshalton Nations, and the MicroWiki Community. The huge expansion of the Austenasian Army due to the war resulted in the military becoming highly influential for the remainder of the reign of Esmond III - the Esmondian military HQ at the Emperor's school transistioned into an unofficial imperial court after the war ended, becoming the main focal point of Austenasian politics until April 2011. The Esmondian view of the Emperor's authority, developed as a result of the civil war, developed into the modern-day political theory of Imperium, a worldview still held by most in the Carshalton Nations. Furthermore, South Kilttown was renamed to Zephyria in September 2010, mostly due to the Carolinian connotations of its original name.
The civil war also had an effect on the MicroWiki community, showing declarations of war over the internet to be ultimately pointless and so becoming the last military conflict in which major powers in the community took part. The only two notable community-wide conflicts since, the Atlantis Civil War and the Slinky War, have both been generally condemned by the community as a whole, with only younger micronations picking sides.
Support for legitimate Austenasian Government ("Esmondian"/"Loyalist"/"Legitimist")
- The Midget Nation-in-Exile declared war on the forces of Lord General William, and changed their diplomatic friendship with Nemkhavia to declaring SUNP an enemy, without state of war.
- Erusia: The government of Kai Roosevelt has called for peace talks mediated by the Grand Unified Micronational and condemned the war itself, but has offered its support for the Austenasian government and Crown Prince Jonathan. The ruling Communist Party has faced some opposition from its coalition partner the People's Revolutionary Party for the decision, but has expressed that it will continue to support the Esmondian side in the conflict, refusing to recognises the Carolinian claim to the throne. President Roosevelt has, however, ruled out any and all military intervention on behalf of the Austenasian government.
- Landashir (Landashir'n Government): "As you know we cannot be aligned in a conflict such as this. However, we condemn the actions of the rebellers (Austenasian only) and we ask for a peaceful, diplomatic process in which the conflict can be resolved. Please do not resort to violence and remember, it was not only a year ago when we witnessed many wars and conflicts; don't let history repeat itself again." : James von Puchow on 7 March 2010
- On March 14th, the Landashir'n Premier clarified the Landashir'n stance on the Civil War in this video
- Republic of Patetopia: President Pate declared Patetopia neutral. Patetopia, however, decided to recognise HIM Emperor Esmond III as the rightful leader of Austenasia.
- Phoenix Empire: The URPE has sided with Austenasia after finding out the details of the war. The URPE declared that "whatever is achieved for what the people want, is written in stone". The URPE has condemned Princess Caroline's actions and standed by Austenasia even if civil war turned into more. Later, the URPE passed a decision through the senate declaring the possibility of war outside of Austenasia.
- Before March 18 - The Barony of Sandus has declared neutrality, yet shows support for the legitimate government of Austenasia. The Baron commented on the war, saying: "I do not understand as to why the Princess Caroline would lay claim to the throne until after the new Emperor was enthroned. I also do not understand why either the Lord General or the Princess would jeopardize their claims to the throne, their Austenasian citizenship or their titles in Austenasia. Sandus shall support the legitimate government of Austenasia, and should our involvement be required- we stand ready to become involved."
- Flandrensis: The Parliament of Flandrensis declared that Flandrensis neutral and condemned this micronational war, but support the official government of Austenasia. Grand Duke Niels called for peace talks and that both sides will resolved this conflict with diplomacy.
- Republic of West Antarctica:"Republic of West Antarctica remained neutral, but gave political support to the legitimate authorities of Austenasia. "We call for an immediate cease of fire and a resolute action of micronational community to stop the conflict." Nikola Lasica
- Republic of Danesland: decided to support the official government of Austenasia. President James Trulman declared "full support of the ligitemate (sic) government and, I happen to think that the Emporer (sic) and Crown Prince are great leaders"
- New Europe: New Europe originally supported the Caroline rebels on the grounds of traditional monarchism and declared that "if the first in line refuses their throne it should rightfully pass to the next in line". However proof of consent to pass up Princess Caroline was given and New Europe withdrew their support as promised. Later declared war on the Carolinian side honoring the military alliance between New Europe and Austenasia.
- Ohio Empire: Ohio was originally neutral in this conflict. However, Ohio has chosen to honor the Triune Alliance and assist Austenasia however they can. They do, however, hope that a peaceful end to this conflict can come about.
- Eniarku: Eniarku and its Government have voted over the Easter Recess and are now officially in support of the Esmondian Forces.
Support for South Kilttown rebellion ("Carolinian"/"Rebel"/"Familist")
- NottaLotta Acres: The Holi C announced its recognition of the rebelling forces of Princess Caroline and Lord General William of Austenasia, and its support of the same against the leadership of the Empire (which it called "illegitimate"). Because no troops could possibly be deployed to the area, the Holi C originally granted only political support for the rebelling forces, later declaring war.
- Secundomia declared full diplomatic support for the rebels. Cheif diplomat for Secundomia, Parker I, has said "Caroline has a much better claim to the throne. Secundomia will side with her and her allies. We only recognize an Austenasia lead by her."
- Angador: "The High King has looked over the situation in Austenasian Civil War and has saw that Princess Caroline is in the right. The High King has not only decided to support the Princess, but to also declare war on the Empire of Austenasia. While the people are worried for the High King full support has been shown to promote more cooperation between the nobles of the nation. It will secure better life for that nations people." The High King of Angador also issued the following statement: "Empress Caroline I and all other Carolinians, lend me your ear. We move for a purpose, to let the rightful heir take the throne. Do not listen to the naysayers, as they slow down progress. Just stay behind the cause and we shall be victorious. Long live Empress Caroline I the Young."
- Decracy of Yunivers: The government officially recognizes the right to the throne of Princess Caroline of Austenasia. It was announced that the government is willing to enter the conflict to uphold these ideals.
- The Royal reformed States of America issued an official statment on March 7: "The Royal reformed States of America herby announces its support of HIH Princess Caroline in the Austenasian Civil War. The RrSA also announces that it is not declaring a state of war between any nation on either side of the conflict. The RrSA also proclaims its desire for peace to be declared between the two sides."
- Aegis Alliance: On the 21st of March 2010, the Alliance offically declared support for the rebels.
- Rukora: The Principality of Rukora stated itself as neutral in the war. President Tom Turner said: We are declaring neutral in the war for three reasons. Firstly because both sides have reasons against the other ones cause. Secondly because we have an alliance with the SUNP but are also fairly friendly with Austenasia, meaning that we can't declare but most importantly, there are people saying that another Black March is around the corner and we want to prevent this at all costs.
- Prometheus: The Promethean government has taken a neutral standing in the war and sees both sides of the story. It does request information as to how the throne passed out of the Royal family even though there was an available heir stating their belief that this is part of some kind political control of Crown Prince Jonathan knowing that Caroline may weaken his control of the Empire. Crown Prince Jonathan issued a reply to the Promethean government saying: "The Throne passed out of the Imperial Family due to Act 105 being given Imperial Consent by the Emperor. This made Esmond second in line to the Throne, but was only meant to be a symbolic title - we never expected Emperor Terry to abdicate". Prometheus then replied positively to the statement.
- Wyvern : The King and the Senate have decided to stay neutral in this war - they do not officially agree with either side, Wyvern hopes that peace will be declared soon, and that both sides go around the table and stop the fight through arms.
- A1: Chairman Gordon Freeman has called on all micronations who are now involved in the conflict to "stop taking sides and stop becoming involved in what is an internal matter of Austenasia and for Austenasia alone, or we will see this conflict escalate beyond the boundaries of Austenasia".
- Egtavia: Following an official Statement being passed, Egtavia is now officially neutral in the conflict, and officially supportive of the GUM-mediated peace talks.
- Solvo Federation: The Federation is neutral in this conflict.
- After March 18 - The Baron of Sandus declared that should "any nation impose further acts of aggression or pointless threats of aggression during the duration of the war, Sandus shall declare war on that party." He continued in saying that this conflict is to be declared Firmus Furium Populum est under the Sandum Defense Forces, meaning "Closed to Aggressive Parties", thus making Sandus a peacekeeper during this conflict. According to the Baron's informal Order 070710, which concerns to the decree of Firmus Furium Populum est, Sandus will welcome all foreign aid in this peacekeeping process. Sandus will also be ordering all parties which are active in the war to halt their aggression and cease their actions of aggression, the Baron also called for an immediate ceasefire as this conflict is distrupting our community's work and is sparking childish actions, by both sides.
- The Kingdom of Coleraine has chosen to remain neutral in this conflict at the present time until it comes to affect Colerainic sovereignty outright. On the 22nd of March 2010, Seán Amádeus of Coleraine made a proposal for a ceasefire to talk over peace terms.
- The Reylan Imperial Triumvirate has issued the following statement on the current succession crisis: 'Once again the micronational community falls victim to internal struggles and conflicts. We, the Imperial Parliament of the Reylan Imperial Triumvirate, joined by HIM Taeglan I Nihilus and the High Officers of State call upon all participants in the Austenasian Civil War to enter into mediating talks in order to bring to a close the current contention, and offer any assistance in the mediation that we are able to give. Once more, we call upon the end to this conflict, and by extension, the end to all intra- and inter-micronational conflict, so that we may focus on the greater goals of the community, and once again remind all participants in this conflict, and any others of the reasons behind the movement.
- United Aspinburghian Principality chose to remain neutral, with HRH Prince Ryuho advocating for Austenasia to sign a treaty immediately.
- Alexander Reinhardt, "The corrosive decline of community", March 10, 2010
- Sterling's denial of being pressured into leaving the war
- Alexander Reinhardt, "The corrosive decline of community", March 10, 2010
- "The corrosive decline of community", comments
- "President slams Austenasian Civil War", Pierre d'Égtavie, 11 March 2010
- Official Statement of Neutrality from the Egtavian Government. Apology in last "STATING" clause.
- St.Charlie Armed Forces, "Regarding Lord General Kingsnorth", March 13, 2010
- Nick Maggiore, "La revanche des uniformes", March 14, 2010