2021 in the MicroWiki community
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
|List of years in the MicroWiki community:|
|2019 • 2020 • 2021 • 2022 • 2023|
|History of the MicroWiki community|
2021 (MMXXI) is the current year. It is a common year starting on Friday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2021st year of the anno Domini (AD) and Common Era (CE) designations, the twenty-first year of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century, and the 2nd year of the 2020s decade. It succeeds 2020, and precedes 2022, and will mark MicroWiki's sixteenth anniversary on 27 May.
2021 has many scheduled events, as well as predictions, beginning amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Politics, diplomacy and conflicts
- The Grand Unified Micronational election was concluded on 1 January, with Jack Dean being elected as the 32nd Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, winning with 28 votes (62.2%). The turnout was 93.8%, the highest in the GUM's history.
- The 2021 Saspearian General Election was held through 22-24 January 2021. The total turnout was 40% (6 votes). The candidates, Anthony I, Rory McPhail, and Kasra won the election unopposed. The Saspearian National Party won two seats in Parliament (majority), and an independent candidate won one seat.
- The 2nd Cupertino Alliance chairmanship election was held from November 2020 to 4 January 2021. The candidates, Daniel Hamilton, Grand Duke of Australis and Logan Ross, Emperor of Aenopia. For the majority of the campaign period, candidate Hamilton held a lead in pre-polling until December 2020. On 4 January 2021, Ross was declared the winner following the decision by Daniel Hamilton to drop out, citing overwhelming stress and external issues.
- Great Des Plaines War (Weg-Rodentian War)
- Gayverian-Ausverian War
- Greater Aleunnic War
- Ausverian Civil War
Currently, MicroWiki has 26,614 articles, 133,913 pages and 23,394 registered users. In early January, MicroWiki migrated the website to a new server provider for better stability, and set up a Patreon. The main page was redesigned for the first time in several years. For April Fools'–an annual tradition on MicroWiki–large advertisements blocking the view of content popped up on most pages approximately every minute. Visual editor was also disabled on 22 April 2021 when a glitch with visual editor was discovered. The glitch caused references to be removed while in visual editors.
According to MicroWiki editor Zed, MicroWiki is predicted to reach its millionth edit by the end of the year. 2021 is the most common prediction in the Thirty-thousand Pool in which MicroWiki will reach 30,000 articles, with five users predicting so.
Micronationalists of the Month
- December is omitted due to the Micronationalist of the Year being awarded.
- 2020 — the previous year
- 2022 — the following year
- 2021 in Baustralia
- History of the MicroWiki Community
- When Year 2021 Starts Around the World. TimeAndDate.com. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Chief, Editor (26 December 2020) Jack Dean beats Adam Belcher in historic win to become the next Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational. The Essexian Post. Retrieved 26 December 2020.
- MicroWiki on Patreon. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- Main page
- Hamilton, Daniel (31 January 2021) Luxor voted Micronationalist of the Month for January 2021. MicroWeekly at Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 7 February 2021.