Difference between revisions of "2020 in the MicroWiki community"
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit Advanced mobile edit
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit Advanced mobile edit
|Line 199:||Line 199:|
[[file:ICJA20.jpg|160px|thumb|Jonathan I of Austenasia remained the site owner for a sixth year]]
[[file:ICJA20.jpg|160px|thumb|Jonathan I of Austenasia remained the site owner for a sixth year]]
Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia remained the site owner of MicroWiki for his sixth year. Wiki admins who continued serving were Adam I, Emperor of Adammia and [[Ives Blackwood]], and tech admins who continued were [[Sebastian Linden]], [[Karl Friedrich|Luxor]] and [[Andrew Creed]]. In February, Abrams I, King of Ikonia was upgraded to a tech admin after serving as a wiki admin originally, and Charles Ross and Zed were both promoted to wiki admins in February. Brooklyn Hewitt was dismissed as a wiki admin in the same month, though was later reinstated in July.<ref name="staff" /> On MicroWiki@Discord, Luxor, Abrams I, Newton von Uberquie and Sebastian Linden remained administrators, whilst Brayden "Lee" Eaves, Casper von Naveria and Zed were promoted to the position. However, following a decision to cut back on the number of administrators, the majority of admins were demoted to moderators instead, making them alongside already moderators [[Aidan McGrath]] and [[Tomáš Falešník]]. Further moderators were appointed afterwards. Jonathan I,
Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia remained the site owner of MicroWiki for his sixth year. Wiki admins who continued serving were Adam I, Emperor of Adammia and [[Ives Blackwood]], and tech admins who continued were [[Sebastian Linden]], [[Karl Friedrich|Luxor]] and [[Andrew Creed]]. In February, Abrams I, King of Ikonia was upgraded to a tech admin after serving as a wiki admin originally, and Charles Ross and Zed were both promoted to wiki admins in February. Brooklyn Hewitt was dismissed as a wiki admin in the same month, though was later reinstated in July.<ref name="staff" /> On MicroWiki@Discord, Luxor, Abrams I, Newton von Uberquie and Sebastian Linden remained administrators, whilst Brayden "Lee" Eaves, Casper von Naveria and Zed were promoted to the position. However, following a decision to cut back on the number of administrators, the majority of admins were demoted to moderators instead, making them alongside already moderators [[Aidan McGrath]] and [[Tomáš Falešník]]. Further moderators were appointed afterwards. Jonathan I, Aaron Green, Adam I, [[Elizabeth Lewis]], [[Zenrax|Shiro]] and Suzuki Leōcor resigned as administrators.<ref name="discord" /><ref name="mwm" /><ref>[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZUK71MhXUaewOLpR20onU0Bk3KX3mcpJ0P8i-TwIIDI/edit MicroWiki@Discord | Information + Rules (June 24, 2020)]. Retrieved 20 November 2020.</ref><ref>[https://micronations.wiki/wiki/User:Z_Luna_Skye/Theoretical_ranking_of_positions_of_power_within_the_MicroWiki_community Theoretical ranking of positions of power within the MicroWiki community]</ref>
Revision as of 15:20, 27 May 2022
|List of years in the MicroWiki community:|
|2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021 • 2022|
|History of the MicroWiki community|
|Part of a series on the History of the MicroWiki community|
|2020 in the MicroWiki community|
From left, clockwise: The GUM's fourth 24 Hour Quorum in May raised £266 for the British Red Cross; the community was hit with an outpouring of grief after the death of Nicholas Randouler in June, leading him to being named Statistic-Dime's "Micronationalist of the Year" for 2020; the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic caused huge disruption, bringing in a huge response from the intermicronational community and a surge in activity; an assertive Cupertino Alliance challenged the GUM's reputation as the leading intermicronational organisation; MicroWiki@Discord transitioned into a directory after repeated controversies and criticisms; the 2020 MOF Games between February–March saw 52 athletes from 19 micronations competing in various online events; the 2020 Indonesian micronations shock—a sudden media frenzy to a series of communities with micronation-like characteristics in January—eventually lead to the arrests of multiple individuals involved with the micronational entities for "fraudulent activities"; the Summit of Czech and Slovakian Micronations 2020 in July had six attendees, the largest summit of the year
2020 (MMXX) was a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year[a] of the Common Era (CE) and anno Domini (AD) designations, the twentieth year of the 3rd millennium, the twentieth year of the 21st century, and the first year of the 2020s decade. It succeeded 2019, and preceded 2021. It marks the fifteenth year since MicroWiki's initial foundation. The year began in the Discord Era, through the High Discord to Late Discord periods, and oversaw a number of significant events.
The Grand Unified Micronational (GUM) retained its position as the largest and most influential intermicronational organisation, growing to a record-number of forty-eight member states, all amidst multiple controversies and declining prestige and influence in the MicroWiki Sector, particularly among the "New Guard" which saw the rise of alternative organisations, a reformed and assertive Cupertino Alliance garnering a positive reputation after initial controversies, and growing to twenty-six member states. The year also the rise of outer sector organisations, primarily non-English or Czech ones, such as the Conference of Santiago, ASPAA, the League of Asian Micronations and the League of Hellenistic Micronations. The Konmalehth dissolved on 18 July after a spiralling downfall into inactivity. The Micronational Olympic Federation continued holding its position as the largest sports federation, while other organisations such as the Union Cycliste Intermicronationale were formed for more specific sports categories. Elsewhere, constitutional crises in both Austenasia and Abelden dominated the news, largely overshadowing the Crisis in New Eiffel which began the prior year. New Eiffel inevitably dissolved on 1 November after losing its territory in an event unrelated to the crisis. The long-lived Principality of Hutt River also dissolved on 3 August. Following a failed coup attempt in Misberia on 23 May, many micronations quickly came to Misberia's aid, growing its citizenship count dramatically, as well as asserting Misberia's influence in the community. Throughout the year, Essexia had numerous political scandals as well as external criticisms. Pavlov and the erstwhile Montescano continued to attract controversy targeted at its opposition towards LGBT rights, particularly transgender issues, with the latter being accused of racist and sexist remarks during a controversy in April. In an historic moment, Abelden joined the GUM after a referendum in May with 54% in support. The Commonwealth of New Virginia declared independence from Austenasia on 11 February via the passing of the New Virginia Act 2020 in the Austenasian Parliament, the Bailiwick of Hak'hanna was established on 8 March as a successor state to the erstwhile Commonwealth of Wenonah, a project nation formed under Sepp Cervenius, and the Uber-Essian Union, a political union of the Essian Commonwealth and Palatinate of Uberquiesenberg, was formed on 1 June. Among the aforementioned, Adammia, Aenderia, Aenopia, Gymnasium State, Iustus and Posaf remained highly influential, while seeing newer contenders Australis, Hrafnarfjall, Naveria, Ponderosa Hills and Wegmat among others.[b]
The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic caused huge disruption, and saw delays and cancellations of various social, religious and political events, such as anniversaries, summits, elections and sporting events; bringing in a huge response from the intermicronational community, it led to a number of retired micronationalists returning to the hobby contributing to a massive surge in activity. There were 46 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within twelve micronations, bringing 37 recoveries and 3 deaths. Other natural disasters include Storm Ciara, which saw at least 4 British micronations report of flooding or property damage, and the 2020 Henristan Flood and the Great Gastonian Floods.
The community was hit with an outpouring of grief after the death of Nicholas Randouler, Founder and 4th Prince of Posaf, on 3 June, which came with declarations of days of national mourning, places named after him, memorial services, posthumous awards and memorial videos. The GUM held a text-based vigil for him. He was named Statistic-Dime's "Micronationalist of the Year" for 2020.
MicroWiki@Discord ceased to be the main hub of micronational activity on social media platform Discord, instead becoming a simple webportal and news aggregator following multiple criticisms of unprofessionalism, toxicity and lack of effort from the administration. The situation worsened between June—July when a number of alternative servers were set up, namely the Micropolitan Club and Lounge moved to the server Micropolitan@Discord. Following late September to early October, multiple administrators resigned, and other users continued to move to alternative servers and social clubs. MicroWiki grew to over twenty-thousand articles, one-hundred thousand pages, and ten-thousand registered users (mostly bots). To combat the number of unproductive edits made by bots, a moderation system was introduced which allows admins and patrollers to approve or reject edits made by newly registered accounts. A new good article (GA) system was also introduced, where every last week of each month, nominations which have been approved by an administrator either that month or the previous month will be voted on by the community. A monthly wiki newsletter was created, though was abandoned after just four months. Z Luna Skye (Zed) remained the most prolific editor, and was the first user to hit 30,000 edits on the site, which he achieved on 30 July, after becoming a wiki administrator earlier in February. Also in February, Niko3818 (Abrams) was upgraded to a tech admin after serving as a wiki admin originally, and MissEDconexion (Charles Ross) was also made a wiki admin. Brooke (Brooklyn Hewitt) was dismissed as a wiki admin in February, though was later reinstated in July. 20 alt-accounts by the users OIMGov (Hasan Çakar) and Mahuset (Emiel Sebastiaan Hardy) were banned for vandalism in early January, causing a stir of drama in the community. There was also a largely unsuccessful attempt in revitalising the MicroWiki forums.
In entertainment, Essexia's Dean Network dominated the web series industry, with the vodcast EssexiaTalk and comedy thriller The United Office: Survival of the Unfittest gaining critical acclaim. Garnering 129 views within its first 24 hours, The United Office: Survival of the Unfittest was widely regarded by many as one of the greatest micronational video works ever produced. MicroRamble, a show which often invites on guests and contributors from varying parts of the MicroWiki community, was also received positively and received a large number of engagements. The Diarchy dominated music, returning from a two-year long hiatus, while Zed released multiple songs which garnered moderate attention; "GUM DIS TRACK", a tongue-in-cheek diss track on contraGUMism, micronational warfare and YAMOs and "FPYFF", a satiric hip-hop diss track. Many micronationalists wrote and released micronational-related fan fiction. The MicroWiki Hunger Games, a Hunger Games simulation with micronationalists held on MicroWiki@Discord, was also immensely popular.
Politics, diplomacy and conflicts
Wars, conflicts and coups
- Weg-New German War [c]
- 2020 Iceni coup d'etat[d]
- Shenistan-Essexian War[e]
- Misberian Failed Coup of May 2020[f]
- TOES-Almendria War[g]
- Baustralian Civil War
- Tungsten-MACP War
- Princetin conflict
- Alarian Wars
- Crisis in New Eiffel[h]
- 2020 assumption of emergency powers by Jonathan I[l]
Scandals and controversies
- Vox Populi scandal[m]
- 2020 Morrisgate Scandal[q]
Other notable political events
- Thomas Bainbridge was elected the 30th Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational on 1 January, with 17 (58.6%) votes. The turnout was 87.9%, the highest in the GUM's history.
- 2020 Indonesian micronations shock, a sudden media frenzy to a series of communities with micronation-like characteristics beginning in January, eventually leading to the arrests of multiple individuals involved with the micronational entities for "fraudulent activities".
- MicroWiki@Discord Administrative Protests of 2020 in February: a protest against the MicroWiki@Discord administration which saw the involvement of nearly thirty users.
- Abelden joins the GUM following the Abeldane GUM membership referendum, 2020 in May.
- Abdication of Zarel I of New Eiffel in June.
- Newton von Uberquie was elected the 31st Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational on 1 July, with 26 (83.9%) votes.
- Dismissal of Sertor Valentinus from the Cupertino Alliance in September after allegations of raiding.
- The Empire of New Germany was added as an autonomous province to the Federal Union of Wegmat in November after a year of tensions.
- The Republic of Nordale, Kingdom of Überstadt, State of Sandus, Misberian Confederacy, the Kingdom of the Islands of Legiálle, and the Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall, signed an international denunciation of the Pavlov clique on the Kingdom of the Islands of Legiálle on 18 November 2020. Later, Misberia and Hrafnarfjall retracted their signatures on 1 November.
- Dissolution of New Eiffel in November.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it made hosting diplomatic summits increasingly difficult.
The first summit to take place in 2020 was the 2020 Essexia–Millania London Summit, held at the Sanctuary House Hotel in London, on 3 February 2020, officially between Essexian Emperor Terry I and Foreign Minister Matthew, and Millanian Crown Prince Nicolás Millán. A fourth unofficial attendee "The Architec" from the Virtual Dreamscape also attended. Terry and Matthew went on to meet-up with Newton von Uberquie, Palatine-Viceroy of Uberquiesenberg on 20 July. Also present was former Essexian Jack Dean, who than lead Poplar Nerva. It marked the first time in 8 years an incumbent Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Grand Unified Micronational had met in person. The Summit of Czech and Slovakian Micronations 2020 commenced on 1 July in Lovosice, and was attended by Jan Šťastný and Petr Bláha for the Rednecks Republic, Mikuláš I. for Klitzibürg, Jakub Malý and Jakub Jelínek for Chodland and Petr György Polanský for Ludenberk. The Cupertino - Humberlea meetup commenced on 29 July, between Jayden Lycon of the Cupertino Alliance, and Nicholas Lokin and Nicole Lokin of Humberlea, in the North York Civic Centre on 29 July 2020.
Furthermore, a number of state visits and smaller meet-ups took place, such as Tommy Narisworo's state visit to Excellent on 11 March, Adam Pivetz and Tomáš Falešník's meeting with Alexander IV of Pavlov on 20 July, which was the first of its kind in the Czech Republic, and Nordalian Citizen-Premier Sophia Albina's state visit to New Virginia in October.
A number of alternative events to physical summits were held.
Between 14–17 March, the Cupertino Alliance hosted the 69 Hour Session, which was advertised as the "longest session in micronational history." During the session CAD$10 was donated to the Canadian Red Cross' China Novel Coronavirus Response Appeal. "Anthemgate" followed as a result of the session however. The Twenty-four Hour MicroWiki Edit-a-thon began on 17 April at 3:00 AM (UTC) and ended 18 April at 4:00 AM. Organised by Zed and Cole Baird, it focused primarily on cleaning-up and improving various articles on MicroWiki. The edit-a-thon was later however considered unproductive. The Grand Unified Micronational organised a fourth 24 Hour Quorum between 1–2 May in order to raise awareness for the COVID-19 pandemic and raise money for the British Red Cross. The quorum had sixty-five participants in total, allowing non-members to participate as guests, and quorum was maintained successfully throughout the full twenty-four hours. The participants raised a total of £266, and the event received praise within the MicroWiki community.
Others intermicronational digital events include the 2020 AIM General Assembly Special Session in July, which had twelve attendees, the First Oblate Convention in October, which had nine attendees,[s] the MicroWiki Karaoke Night also hosted in October on MicroWiki@Discord, which had twenty-five attendees, and the 2020 GUM Virtual Summit in November, which had over forty attendees.
While other micronationalists became increasingly independent from MicroWiki, many sectors were formally established.
Alexander I of Lytera formally created the London Sector in January, for micronations in Greater London. He closely worked with delegates from the Greater London micronations New Eiffel and Austenasia. The Greater Toronto - Kingston Sector was founded on 1 February by Jayden Lycon, to refer to micronations in the Greater Toronto Area and Kingston area of Canada. On 23 March, the term Brazilian sector was coined and has been used since the signature of the Treaty of Persenburg. The sector was founded as a mostly-derivatist division of the mostly-simulationist and historical-modelist Lusophone sector, an initiative to gather the derivatist lusophone micronationalists. In April, Cole Baird created the Des Plaines Valley Sector for micronations surrounding the Des Plaines River. On 4 May, an official charter for the New England Sector (NES) was published and ratified by the Directive of Misberia, The Grand Duchy of Leonsle and Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall. On 21 May, Zed formally founded the TOES Sector, an inner-political sector which refers to currently eight micronations which have leaders that are members of the elite invitation-only organisation called the Tough Organisation of Elite Stuff, commonly known by the acronym TOES. The term "Western Canada sector" was used by the Republic of Suverska in 2020, to refer to four active micronations within the sector. Conversely, members of the Reddit sector (on r/micronations) attempted to move to MicroWiki after continued scandals and alleged unprofessional and conflict, though many did not fully integrate for multiple varying reasons.
Notable intermicronational conventions created in 2020 include the Augusta Accord, condemning micronational transphobia for the protection of transgender and non-binary micronationalists, Halcyon Convention, creating terminology and definitions for micronational warfare, La Salle Convention, condemning cyberattacks, doxxing, Discord raiding and online bullying, LGBTQ+ Rights Treaty, reducing LGBT discrimination, Montediszamble Convention, which asserts freedom of speech and condemns bullying and violation of copyright, and Sough2020, a treaty aimed towards micronational action regarding climate change which was created after a digital summit focusing on its creation.
The alleged "community leaders" according to the History of the MicroWiki Community included Jonathan I, Adam I of Adammia, Austin I of Iustus, Elizabeth Lewis, Brooklyn Hewitt, Newton von Uberquie, Nicholas Randouler, Thomas I of Hrafnarfjall and Zarel Smith (Zed). Zed of Statistic-Dime released a ranking of who he deemed the most influential micronationalists titled "MicroWiki's 25 Most Influential of 2020", which ranked Nicholas Randouler first and declared him the "Micronationalist of the Year", followed by Jayden Lycon, Chair of the CA; Thomas Bainbridge, 30th Chair of the GUM; Zed, "intermicronational entrepreneur" and politician; and Otto Gillespie Birch, "micronational influencer" and leader of Misberia in ranks second to fifth respectively. Nicholas Randouler released a "Monthly MicroWiki Micronationalists Power Index for May 2020" ranked by "what they can do in their most notable positions to influence and shape the community", and although further ones were planned to be released monthly it only had one edition due to his death in the following month. Randouler ranked Adam I, Emperor of Adammia first, followed by Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, Bradley, Duke of Dullahan, Zed and Thomas Bainbridge in ranks second to fifth respectively. The Micronationalist of the Month award continued monthly for its second year.
MicroWiki's 25 Most Influential
Ranking according to Zed's ranking of the Top 25 Most Influential Micronationalists in the MicroWiki Sector of 2020 via Statistic-Dime.
- Nicholas Randouler, Abelden, Iustian, Millanian, New Eiffelic, Essexian politician, GUM secretary and founder of Posaf; In memoriam to his death in June.
- Jayden Lycon, Chair of the Cupertino Alliance
- Thomas Bainbridge, 30th Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational
- Zed, MicroWiki editing and statistical projects
- Otto Gillespie Birch, "Cult following" as Madakawando Sakom (head of state) of Misberia
- "Pavlov clique" — Yaroslav Mar and Alexander IV, Emperor of Pavlov, the "sh*tfights their behaviour triggers"
- Newton von Uberquie, 31st Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, member of Diarchy
- Brooklyn Hewitt, President of New Virginia, suggested the Augusta Accord
- Matthew of Essexia, 30th Vice-Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational
- Tomáš Falešník, Organiser of the 2020 MOF Games and MicroWiki editing
- Adam I, Emperor of Adammia, Challenged the "Pavlov clique" as an MicroWiki@Discord administrator
- Abrams I, King of Ikonia, Technical work on MicroWiki and MicroWiki@Discord
- Leon Montan, Political work and centralised the MicroWiki@Discord Administrative Protests of 2020
- Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, Site owner of MicroWiki
- Luxor, Overseeing the MicroWiki@Discord shutdown
- Elizabeth Lewis, Brief MicroWiki@Discord admin and work as Prime Minister of New Virginia
- Logan Ross, Work in NADU and organiser of Sough2020
- Bradley of Dullahan, Supreme Justice of the Grand Unified Micronational
- Henry Clémens, Member of Diarchy and writer of Messenger
- James Frisch, "Sense of humour"
- Daniel Hamilton, Work in the Cupertino Alliance, CEO of Statistic-Dime
- Patrick Renwick, Work during Concordiagate
- Sertor Valentinus, Work in the Cupertino Alliance and West Sayville
- Anthony Clark, Work in Abeldane law and politics
- Ives Blackwood, Writer of Home-made Crown Journal.
Micronationalists of the Month
Statistic-Dime's Micronationalists of the Month were:
- January — Jayden Lycon
- February — Zed
- March — Tomáš Falešník
- April — Nicholas Randouler
- May — Otto Gillespie Birch
- June — Newton von Uberquie
- July — Patrick Renwick
- August — Maria Birch
- September — Casper von Naveria
- October — Sertor Valentinus
- November — Andrew Creed
- December is omitted due to the Micronationalist of the Year being awarded.
- 3 June: Nicholas Randouler (b. 2004), Founder and 4th Prince of Posaf
- The community was hit with an outpouring of grief after the death of Nicholas Randouler, Founder and 4th Prince of Posaf, on 3 June, which came with declarations of days of national mourning, places named after him, memorial services, posthumous awards and memorial videos. The GUM held a text-based vigil for him.
- 31 July: Maria Birch (b. 2004), Minister of Culture for Misberia and Misberian politician
- Her passing was a great shock to the Misberian and micronational community, and her unborn child passed away as well; numerous flag lowerings took place, various places were named after her, and a number of memorials and religious events in her memory commenced. The Cupertino Alliance held a moment of silence, and the GUM gave member states an opportunity to send condolences.
- 23 August: Sebastian Bermudez (b. 1943), the grandfather by fathers side of HIM Uriel I of Urielandia and "Founding Father" of the House of Bermudez
- 29 October: Raniel I, King of the Kingdom of Tovaria
- 16 November: HM Queen DeEtta, the grandmother of the King of Liahonia (b. 1941)
- 10 December: An immunocompromised maternal great aunt of HRH Grand Duke Casper I of Naveria passed away due to complications involving the novel coronavirus. She was also a sister of the late HRH Grand Duke Great Grandfather William. A period of mourning was observed, and the government of Sabiland took a leave of absence to attend her funeral.
Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia remained the site owner of MicroWiki for his sixth year. Wiki admins who continued serving were Adam I, Emperor of Adammia and Ives Blackwood, and tech admins who continued were Sebastian Linden, Luxor and Andrew Creed. In February, Abrams I, King of Ikonia was upgraded to a tech admin after serving as a wiki admin originally, and Charles Ross and Zed were both promoted to wiki admins in February. Brooklyn Hewitt was dismissed as a wiki admin in the same month, though was later reinstated in July. On MicroWiki@Discord, Luxor, Abrams I, Newton von Uberquie and Sebastian Linden remained administrators, whilst Brayden "Lee" Eaves, Casper von Naveria and Zed were promoted to the position. However, following a decision to cut back on the number of administrators, the majority of admins were demoted to moderators instead, making them alongside already moderators Aidan McGrath and Tomáš Falešník. Further moderators were appointed afterwards. Jonathan I, Aaron Green, Adam I, Elizabeth Lewis, Shiro and Suzuki Leōcor resigned as administrators.
Notable departures from the MicroWiki Sector included Dan Morris, Richard Dalton, Emiel Hardy, Stephen Freayth, Suzuki Leōcor and William Efton, while several other micronationalists semi-retired.
According to surveys and lists of influence, the most popular or favourably viewed micronations were Abelden, Adammia, Austenasia, Essexia, Misberia, New Eiffel, New Virginia, Ponderosa Hills and Posaf, whilst other frequently favoured and well-known micronations included Aenderia, Aenopia, Australis, Cycoldia, Elysium, Gymnasium State, Hrafnarfjall, Iustus, Lytera, Millania, Pavlov, Uber-Esse and Wegmat among many others. Conversely, a number of micronations were considered largely controversial, such as Almendria, Ernest, Etukan, Kebec, Kolamia, Reddit Nation and Verdis among others.
Surveys and rankings used
|Abeldane Empire||T12||T9||3||1 week||185||2,032|
|Empire of Adammia||T5||12||6||1 week||150||1,950|
|Commonwealth of Essexia||T1||3||11||1 week||288||1,742|
|Principality of New Eiffel||T1||1||2||1||3 weeks||517||2,520|
|Ponderosa Hills||21||T8||9||2 weeks||542||TBD|
|Grand Republic of Cycoldia||16||285||2,832|
|Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall||T39||T41||8||163||TBD|
|Kingdom of Lytera||T7||T4||21||48||TBD|
|Union of Millania and New Granada||T5||T7||20||T20||T22||96||TBD|
|Empire of Pavlov||678||TBD|
- [GUM (40)] — Zed from Statistic-Dime (9–10 July) GUM Member States Positivity Survey (40 respondents)
- [GUM (20)] — Zed from Statistic-Dime (7–8 July) GUM Member States Positivity Survey (20 respondents)
- [MWIS] — Austin Jaax, Jayden Lycon, Zed, Logan Ross and Nicholas Randouler (28 December–11 January 2020) 19th MicroWiki Influence Survey (105 respondents)
- [CA (1)] — Logan Ross (29 September–10 October) Cupertino Member Positivity Survey (27 respondents)
- [CA (2)] — Logan Ross (December 2020) Cupertino Member Positivity Survey (30 respondents)
- [MMC] — Zed (1 January-17 August) MicroWiki Mentions Chart! (number of times a miconation is named on MicroWiki@Discord per week)
- [MMC (total)] — Zed (1 January-11 December) MicroWiki Mentions Chart! All Time! (total number of times a miconation has been named on MicroWiki@Discord in 2020)
- [MicroWiki page views] – web page traffic according to Karl Friedrich (Luxor). Published by The Essexian Post on 3 January 2021.
The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic caused huge disruption, and saw delays and cancellations of various social, religious and political events, such as anniversaries, summits, elections and sporting events; bringing in a huge response from the intermicronational community, it led to a number of retired micronationalists returning to the hobby contributing to a massive surge in activity. There were over 40 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within 11 micronations, bringing 36 recoveries and 3 deaths, though some cases have been challenged by critics. Other micronations responded by enforcing advice from the World Health Organisation, by increasing surveillance and caution, limiting travel, imposing self-isolation and quarantine. An increased number of online events were held.
MicroWiki grew to over twenty-thousand articles, one-hundred thousand pages, and ten-thousand registered users (mostly bots). The site received 2.8 million views in total and 1.8 million unique views. To combat the number of unproductive edits by bots, a moderation system was introduced which allows admins and patrollers to approve or reject edits made by newly registered accounts. A new good article (GA) system was also introduced, where every last week of each month, nominations which have been approved by an administrator either that month or the previous month will be voted on by the community. A monthly wiki newsletter was created, though was abandoned after just four months. Z Luna Skye (Zed) remained the most prolific editor, and was the first user to hit 30,000 edits on the site, which he achieved on 30 July, after becoming a wiki administrator earlier in February. Also in February, Niko3818 (Abrams) was upgraded to a tech admin after serving as a wiki admin originally, and MissEDconexion (Charles Ross) was also made a wiki admin. Brooke (Brooklyn Hewitt) was dismissed as a wiki admin in February, though was later reinstated in July. 20 alt-accounts by the users OIMGov (Hasan Çakar) and Mahuset (Emiel Sebastiaan Hardy) were banned for vandalism in early January, causing a stir of drama in the community. There was also a largely unsuccessful attempt in revitalising the MicroWiki forums.
Furthermore, for 2020 April Fools'—an annual tradition on MicroWiki—the language of the entirety of MicroWiki was changed to an unreadable font called Precursor Alpha (hovering over text with a mouse would display it normally), and the MicroWiki logo in the corner was slightly titled sideways, for a wacky appearance. This change gained notable criticism from MicroWiki users since it was on every wiki page, coupled with the font couldn't be changed without third party plugins.
Culture, media and society
Essexia's Dean Network dominated the web series industry, with the vodcast EssexiaTalk and comedy thriller The United Office: Survival of the Unfittest gaining critical acclaim. Garnering 129 views within its first 24 hours, The United Office: Survival of the Unfittest was widely regarded by many as one of the greatest micronational video works ever produced. MicroRamble, a show which often invites on guests and contributors from varying parts of the MicroWiki community, was also received positively and received a large number of engagements. Austenasian Television Productions released a Cool Barbie Christmas special. Kaz and New Eiffel were the frontrunners in cinema. The Diarchy dominated music, returning from a two-year long hiatus, while Zed released multiple songs which garnered moderate attention; "GUM DIS TRACK", a tongue-in-cheek diss track on contraGUMism, micronational warfare and YAMOs and "FPYFF", a satiric hip-hop diss track. Many micronationalists wrote and released micronational-related fan fiction. The idea of "Micronation-Chans" was conceived. The MicroWiki Hunger Games, a Hunger Games simulation with micronationalists held on MicroWiki@Discord, was also immensely popular.
Admin approved publications to the MicroWiki headlines on the main page in 2020 include Aleksandropol Inquirer, Australis Times, Baustralian News Network, The Brookside Gazette, Dracul 1 News, The Essexian Post, Heralda Pasabrilloí, Home-made Crown Journal, Imperial Tribune, Independent General Press, L'Sydunche (formerly The Abeldane), The New Virginian Herald, Nordale Voice, Pavlov.pl News, The Press, Royal Gazette (Brienia), The Royal Lyteran News, State Gazatte (Montescano), TVT News, and SBC News.
The Micronational Olympic Federation oversaw the 2020 MOF Games hosted by Gymnasium State between 14 February—10 March, which had fifty-two participating athletes from nineteen micronations in eleven different events, the 2020 MOF Rock Paper Scissors Tournament hosted by Aenderia between 1–8 June, which was abruptly ended following the death of MOF President Nicholas Randouler, leading to the re-designation of the closing ceremony into a tribute to Randouler's service, and the 2020 MOF Checkers Tournament, which had to be cut short. The Third Annual New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament took place between 5–13 April, after having been delayed numerous times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2020 Empire Tournament, a golf tournament played against member states of the Baustralian Empire took place in May, however, it was cut short by restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The inaugural 2020 Adammia Games took place in August, which led to the creation of the Adammic Chess Association.
Originating from the Reddit Sector, the word "simmie" evolved as a derogatory term for micronations which incorporated simulationist themes. In a May 2020 editoral for Messenger, former GUM Chairman Henry Clémens presented a lengthy argument where he both defended the GUM and called for changes to be made within the organisation where he coined the term contraGUMism. The phrase caught popularity among GUM advocates and critics alike. Other terminology coined include "domain hack" and "New Year's Micronation" by Zed and "serial micronationalist" by Yaroslav Mar.
Memes focused primarily on MicroWiki@Discord, and were considered considerably less tasteful than the previous year; these included the 2019 Plastic Head Protests, Almendria, Bobism, Brian's Republic, Pangapedia, Zedposting and Zeeky Bomb. Lesser memes included #admin-nsfw, Addison Dillon v. New Almendria, Carthia vs Wegmat, Free Patrick Kent, Nanonations and "This ain't no cyberwar, Logan". On 1 September, Leon Montan began removing images of himself from the wiki citing it as "privacy reasons". He called it "deleonfaceization", as he was subject to the leonface meme. The @New Eiffel Government chain reached its 10,000th ping on 17 September, however was later archived on 18 November after MicroWiki@Discord began the transition into a directory for micronational servers in early November.
- 2020 – a timeline
- 2019 — the previous year
- 2021 — the following year
- 2020 in Baustralia
- 2020 in New Eiffelic music
- History of the MicroWiki Community
- There is no year 0 in this numbering scheme.
- Micronations that appeared on:
- In early 2020 the Empire of New Germany voted to secede from the Kingdom of Wegmat and on the second day of independence declared war on Wegmat. New Germany invaded Priory National Park and the province of Levare until a peace deal on 29 January.
- Coup d'etat by the Revolutionary Armed Forces and Communist Party in the Iceni Republic on 28 January, which led to the dissolution of Praetorian Assembly and appointment of Field Marshall John Gordon as President after the Revolutionary Armed Forces took control of the government.
- The "Democratic People's Republic of Shenistan" was established via the Shenfield Autonomy Act 2020 on 13 March, which granted provincehood and a Provincial Council with devolved powers to the Essexian claim of Shenfield. Earl Finn's proposed devolution of powers from the central Parliament of Essexia was highly unprecedented, and received both considerable commendation and criticism. The war is considered an Essexian Victory due to the actions of the rebels in conceding to the Commonwealth. However, as neither belligerents' armed forces were able to counter each other, the conflict is also seen as a military stalemate.
- On 23 May, Otto Gillespie Birch and the Misberian Directive Council held a trial in abstentia for James II, Aspen Emperor for his crimes against the government and Misberian nation. After the trial was concluded Jack Reach went to MicroWiki@Discord and noticed people were referring to Otto as Misberia in regards to the trial of James. Jack, outraged by this gathered the council and enacted a coup attempt to remove Otto from the government and nation. During this time the national funds of Misberia were being divided up amongst the council for personal gain and started formulating a plan for how to remove Otto and take power. A group of individuals spammed fhe Misberian National Snapchat with vulgar language and started going at Otto on the Misberian Discord server. Soon after the coup fell apart after Jane went to Otto's house and stood outside with a rock screaming at Otto. The lie that Misberia had dissolved was was notified to every Misberian Town. Following this failed coup, many micronations quickly came to Misberia's support and people started flooding in seeking citizenship. The #HelpMisberia was created on Twitter and Instagram to gain support and help Misberia with rebuilding.
- On the 30 June, members of TOES joined the Almendrian Discord server, after Tizian stating that TOES was a YAMO. Assuming that TOES was server raiding, the Almendrian government responded to them joining by banning all members. Hours after being banned, TOES issued a jocular declaration, demanding, amongst other things, the unbanning of all members involved. The war saw a huge intermicronational response, as well as other nations join the conflict due to their distaste for Almendria and its government system. It was highly disapproved of and criticised in the MicroWiki Sector and Reddit Sector, with many (including TOES) dismissing the conflict as a joke. After the conflict ended on 15 July, it led to the start of the Almendrian Civil War without the TOES-led coalition.
- A series of various political, legal and socioeconomic crises, beginning when the erstwhile Prince Zarel I accidentally erased the nation's constitution. The events brought New Eiffelic stability to a halt. The crisis was marked by legal challenges, parliament's suspension and the establishment of a transitional government, the abdication of Zarel I, economic inflation, a civil war threat and lack of action from political leaders, hiatuses and departures.
- Marked the beginning of the Crisis in New Eiffel; the erstwhile Prince Zarel I accidentally erased the nation's constitution. On 11 February, non-New Eiffelic citizen James Frisch offered to Zarel I to write a new constitution for New Eiffel. By 5 March, Zarel I and the Prime Minister Janus Smith had made final revisions to the constitution, and the new constitution was officially adopted on 1 April via a referendum.
- The 2020 political crisis began after Prime Minister Janus Smith was removed from his position through a motion of no confidence. After short discussions, Christina Nowell became the interim Prime Minister, due to her being the nation's Leader of the Opposition. Nine day later, the Communist Party (later, Labour Party) gained a plurality of seats over the Coalition, after MPs Luke Warren and John Doe formed the Communist Party with Leon Montan. Interim Prime Minister Nowell was removed through a motion of no confidence, and as no successor count be decided on, Parliament voted to temporarily make Zarel I an absolute monarch. On 1 May, the Document Forming the Transitional Government of New Eiffel was signed by the Prince, and Parliament became the Transitional Legislature, and Montan as First Minister, with Nowell becoming Deputy First Minister. The crisis ended on 25 May with the 2020 general election, which saw Nicholas Randouler elected.
- On 30 July 2020, Prince of the Principality of New Eiffel Janus I expressed he was uninterested in ruling, and made remarks hinting at him wanting to disestablish New Eiffel. First Minister Leon Montan confirmed Janus I possessed no power to do so, which caused a crisis as it could have indicated a possible attempt for Janus I to try to forcefully and unconstitutionally disestablish New Eiffel.
- Between 25 May and 4 June 2020, emergency powers were temporarily assumed by Emperor Jonathan I of the Empire of Austenasia in response to a political crisis caused by deepening divisions in the House of Representatives. These powers granted the Monarch unprecedented and near-absolute control over the executive and legislative functions of government, and were used to impose order and to implement parliamentary reform. The political crisis at the heart of this incident came to an end on 1 June 2020 with the resignation of Prince Dionisiy I from the office of Prime Minister, who was succeeded by the incumbent Lord John Gordon.
- An anonymous source leaked to the Millanian press claimed that top Elysiumite government officials were plotting to exercise control over their allies by coercing them to join an organization, Vox Populi. The so-called leaked document contained their master plan – to masquerade their alliance as a democratic way to bring the community together. But, once members join, they are "cheated into the fold", intertwining their legal systems with that of Vox Populi, and being given a narrow legal pathway to leave the organization. This scandal, in addition to other election scandals, led to Tau's departure, which dealt a significant blow to the moral of the country. Elysium refuted several of claims made regarding Operation Vox, claiming several edits to their MicroWiki article were untrue or outright lies. Since the scandal, significant reforms have been made among mounting pressure from the intermicronational community to act upon the problems of Elysium.
- Essexia attracted huge controversy, namely from the Grand Unified Micronational and on MicroWiki@Discord after an act passed in Parliament which renamed the Commonwealth of Essexia to the "Commonwealth of Derbyshire, Aberdeenshire, Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Buckinghamshire, Inverness-shire, Gloucestershire, Peterborough, Essex, Northumberland, the Isle of Man and Somerset", which has the acronym "DANOSBIGPENIS" — "Danos" being a meme in Esseixa. Contrary to belief, however, Essexia never officially changed its name due to a clause in its constitution prohibiting it from doing so, indicating the act was entirely illegal.
- A political event within the Commonwealth of Essexia, in which the Rhino Alliance came to power over the Giraffe Concordat through the alleged alliance with Lord Zarel of the Shrek Super Party.
- A scandal where members of the Essexian government were criticised for raiding a Discord server called MicroPub, originally beginning with the banning of multiple Essexians from MicroWiki@Discord. Hrafnarfjall later threatened to cut ties with Essexia and left the GUM after allegations that the GUM Chair Newton von Uberquie was also involved in the raid.
- A scandal in which Daniel Morris was removed from the MicroWiki community after allegations were made concerning his behaviour towards other community members. Although his removal had large support, there were criticisms targeted at the GUM and Violette Clingersmith for the way it was handled.
- In July, leaked chat logs from Chase Nanatovich showed leaders of Concordia, most notably Stephen Freayth, plotting to oust former Emperor Newton von Uberquie and Vorsitzender Patrick Renwick. The scandal developed during the July 2020 Abeldane executive election, where both the positions of Vorsitzender and Stellvertreter were up for election. According to Renwick, Freayth commited electoral fraud, especially in the state of Alenshka, dating as far back as 2017. These claims were backed by Emperor Nicholas Kaos. As a result of the scandal, the Liberty Front pulled out of the alliance, and the Pirate League was dissolved due to all of its members defecting the party; Concordia was therefore de facto dissolved on 10 July, less than a month after its official establishment.
- Including three spectators.
- (Left to right): Nicholas Randouler, Patrick Renwick, Henry Clémens, Luxor (depiction), Jayden Lycon (depiction), Abrams I of Ikonia, Thomas Bainbridge, Daniel Hamilton, Logan Ross, Brooklyn Hewitt, Emperor Adam I of Adammia, Otto Gillespie Birch (depiction), Zed Smith, Tomáš Falešník, Elizabeth Lewis, Dionisiy Tezdzhan-Smahin, Newton von Uberquie, Jonathan I of Austenasia, Leon Montan (depiction) and Matthew (depiction).
- Theortically, a person could purposefully say the name of a micronation repeatedly with the intent of appearing on the MMC charts.
- Does not account for page moves. Furthermore, theoretically, a person could visit a micronation's article several times if they are an active editor on the wiki.
- Grumel, V. (1958) "La chronologie". Presses universitaires de France. Paris. p. 30. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- 2020s (decade) on WikiData. Item Q534495.
- 2020 calendar. TimeAndDate.com. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- History of the MicroWiki Community
- Misberian News Corporation (31 December 2020) Dawn of 2021. Halcyon-Aci Observer. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- Clémens, Henry (10 May 2020). A comprehensive defense of the Grand Unified Micronational. Messenger. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- Clark, Anthony (25 Mar 2020) Why can’t we see inside Quorum?. Amerston Post. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- Sabestisan, Gabriel (8 April 2020). The Crisis in Grand Unified Micronational. "Despite being the largest organisation for diplomacy, the GUM had been suffering from a recent scandal". Ethosia New Bulletin. Retrieved 16 July 2020.
- Shirkel, Jonathan (11 April 2020). The GUM's levels of internal drama will kill it at this pace. ANN. Retrieved 7 May 2020.[unreliable source?]
- J. Lycon. & Z. Smith. (4 March 2020) Dime-Curio Micro Organization Poll | March 2020
- Smith, Zarel (5 November 2020) Australis becomes a full member of GUM. Australis Times.
- Marcel, Luis (29 October 2020) El Reino de Hrafnarfjall sale del GUM. (In Spanish).
- Smith, Zarel (16 November 2020) Opinion: GUM trails behind CUP in latest Zed survey - why?. MicroWeekly.
- Blackwood, Ives (2 December 2020) Zarel Smith pioneers new approach to ranking community influencers. Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Belcher, Adam (19 June 2020) GUM soars in membership; Bainbridge drops out of re-election for Chair. The Adammic Express. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- Smith, Zarel (15 November 2020) Statistic-Dime 2020 MicroWiki General Survey - An Overview. MicroWeekly.
- Writer (21 November 2020) Federation granted observer status in Cupertino Alliance. Nemkhav Federal News. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- Eden, Haeden (23 March 2020) An Act to Leave the Cupertino Alliance, 2020
- Lycon, Jayden (25 Mar 2020) New Eiffel adopts seal by Cupertino Alliance, apology issued. Retrieved 26 March 2020. Archived on 26 March 2020.
- admin (2 January 2021) 2020: An Ode to Greek Micronationalism. The Imperial Tribute. Retrieved 31 January 2021.
- Kaos, Nicholas (19 July 2020) Konmalehth disestablished after almost 3 years. Quo Times. Retrieved 15 September 2020
- Union Cycliste Intermicronationale
- Augustus, Jonathan (25 May 2020). Emperor assumes emergency powers to heal deepening divisions in Parliament. Austenasian Times.
- Karjasari, Tarik (10 July 2020). "Concordiagate: Abelden shaken to its core as leaks uncover plot at the heart of Concordia". L'Sydunche. Retrieved 10 July 2020.
- Valentinus, Sertor (1 November 2020) Principality of New Eiffel declared dissolved. The Brookside Gazette. Retrieved 1 November 2020.
- Burdette, Isaiah (1 November 2020) New Eiffel dissolves. Micronational Gazette.
- Hedley, Kate (3 August 2020). "End of an empire: Hutt River to rejoin Australia after 50 years". WA Today. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- Misberia events // Interview of Mr.Birch. ONN. Published 24 May 2020.
- #HelpMisberia — via Twitter.
- DANOSBIGPENIS. [PDF]
- Jack (28 October 2020) Essexia cuts tied with Hrafnarfjall. The Essexian Post.
- Admin (28 October 2020) Hrafnarfijall withdraws from the G.U.M. MicroJournal.
- Renwick, Patrick (16 May 2020) Abelden votes to join the GUM. The Abeldane.
- Augustus, Jonathan (12 February 2020) General election takes place after New Virginia given independence. Austenasian Times.
- Writer (4 October 2020) Why a Federation of One? | Opinion. Nemkhav Federal News. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- Clémens, Henry (30 May 2020) Uber-Essian politics coming into form as Union Day approaches. Messenger.com.
- J. Lycon, Z. Smith et al. 2020 FINAL RESULTS — 19th MicroWiki Influence Survey.
- Results, 20 respondents on Google Docs.
- Results, 40 respondents text archive
- Logan Ross: Cupertino Alliance Member States Positivity Survey.
- Ross, Logan (14 October 2020) Results for Cupertino Member Positivity Survey released. The Aenopian Hour.
- MicroWiki Mentions Chart!
- COVID-19 Micronation Tracking Sheet
- Clémens, Henry (24 March 2020) Returns, revivals, and activity headline a hectic Spring 2020 in MicroWiki. messenger.com.
- Obituary of Nicholas Randouler. Dennis George Funeral Home. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- Belcher, Adam (11 June 2020) Micronational world reacts with sorrow after Nicholas Randouler of Posaf passes away aged 15. Adammic Express. Retrieved 22 August 2020.
- Millán, Nicolás (10 June 2020) Black Pennant Flies Across the Union In Memory of Nicholas "Nick Randouler" Cordrey
- Smith, Zarel et al. (2 December 2020) MicroWiki Most Influential (2020). Published by Statistic-Dime — Google Docs. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Blackwood, Ives (18 November 2020) MicroWiki@Discord shutdown continues despite user resistance. Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- Baird, Cole (17 February 2020). 'Breaking News:Zed to become admin on Microwiki@Discord'. Wegmat General Broadcasting. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (9 October 2020) Adam, Emperor of Adammia, resigns as a MicroWiki@Discord administrator. Ponderosan News Agency.
- Special:Moderation (restricted access)
- MicroWiki:Good articles
- Main page
- Burdette, Isaiah (18 October 2020) Opinion Article Isaiah Burdette: Zarel Smith. Micronational Gazette. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- MicroWiki:Users by edit count
- Smith, Zarel (3 Feb 2020). "Quorum, 1st February 2020". GUM News. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- Vandals vandalism Samizdat's MicroWiki pages. Accessed 26 January 2020. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- Chkaya, Babou (26 Jan 2020) Court opens investigation against MicroWiki after wave of vandalism. Occitan Sun. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- staff (4 May 2020) The Weekly Reader 18th Edition - 04/05/20. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- Editor, Chief (1 Sep 2020) "The United Office: what do the critics say?". The Essexian Post. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- Dean Network official YouTube channel.
- Dean Network (31 Aug 2020) The United Office - S1:E1 - Survival of the Unfittest on YouTube. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- MicroRamble on YouTube.
- Lycon, Jayden (19 March 2020) Meet your new anthems: GUM Distrack and Is Jacking Off a Sport?
- GUM DIS TRACK - “THE UNITED MICRANATIONS is better" (3 January 2020) on YouTube. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- MicroWiki fanfiction Discord server
- Official Declaration on the Almendrian Conflict, Tough Organisation of Elite Stuff.
- ANTI ALMENDRIAN ACTION PACT
- Monmarkian Condemnation of Almendria.
- Constitution of the Principality of New Eiffel
- Government of the Aenderese Republic (25 May 2020) New Eiffel Elections - FINAL — On YouTube.
- Smith, Zarel (31 July 2020) Worrying state of New Eiffel.
- Press Ministry (8 January 2020) Dastardly Deception!. npbcnews.weebly.com. Archived from the original on 18 February 2020.
- Editor (5 January 2020) Highly Classified Document Reveals Elysium Efforts to Puppet its Allies. Millanian STANDARD at MillaniaGov.wixsite.com.
- Vox Populi MicroWiki Article Broken Down. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- Nova Tromsø voices it’s opinion on “The Great Shag”. Novtromsian News Agency. Published 29 October 2020.
- Burdette, Isaiah (28 October 2020) Hrafnarfjall leaves GUM. Micronational Gazette.
- JOINT GUM REBUTTAL OF ‘PRESIDENT MORRIS: REALISM, DECENCY AND FAIRNESS IN THE COMMUNITY IN APRIL’
- Belcher, Adam (1 January 2020) Result of the Chair election, December 2019. Gum News.
- 3 Petinggi Sunda Empire Didakwa Sebar Hoaks, Terancam 10 Tahun Penjara ("Leaders of Sunda Empire Accused of Spreading Hoax, May be Imprisoned for 10 Years", in Indonesian). Kumparan. 18 June 2020.
- Ika Fitriana (16 September 2020). Khairina, ed. "Raja dan Ratu Keraton Agung Sejagat Menangis Divonis 4 dan 1,5 Tahun" (in Bahasa Indonesia). Kompas.com.
- Bayu S., ed. (27 October 2020). "Tiga Petinggi Sunda Empire Divonis 2 Tahun Penjara" (in Bahasa Indonesia). Tirto.id.
- Abdication letter of Zarel I (Full text)
- Belcher, Adam (1 July 2020) Result of the Chair election, June 2020. Gum News.
- "New German parliament begins vote on reunification with Wegmat". WGB. 27 September 2020.
- Editor, Chief (20 July 2020) Essexia and Uber-Esse meet again. The Essexian Post.
- Cupertino Alliance [@Cupertino_Micro] (30 July 2020). Cupertino - Humberlea meetup was successful at North York Civic Centre, we talked about various topics - @Misberia and more relations, Canadian + Ontario politics, micronational relations, and more. #micronations (Tweet). — Via Twitter.
- Harjakarta Prince in Excellent for a Working Visit. 11 March 2020. AIMNN.
- Gymnasium State and Pavlov meet in Prague. Gymnasium State News on 20 July 2020. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- "Grand Unified Micronational; helping fight COVID" on GoFundMe.
- Lycon, Jayden (22 March 2020) Cupertino Alliance donates to the Canadian Red Cross. Nacre by Cupertino.
- Lycon, Jayden (22 March 2020) New Eiffel adopts seal by Cupertino Alliance, apology issued. Nacre by Cupertino.
- Alexander (7 May 2020) 24 Hour Quorum – Order of Alexander to be awarded to all those who donated. The Royal Lyteran News.
- Indokistan (12 July 2020) AIM General Assembly Special Session Celebrates AIM 9th Anniversary. Jaringan Berita News Network.
- Miller, Chris (u/c-miller) Matachewan to be hosting an international video conference, the first Oblate Convention on Wednesday 7 October. Post — via Reddit
- Jamez (17 October 2020) Karaoke Night Order on Google Docs.
- Smith, Zarel (14 November 2020) Sertor Valentinus named Dime's Micronationalist of the Month for October. Orblian Observer. Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- Chief, Editor (26 December 2020) Jack Dean beats Adam Belcher in historic win to become the next Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational. The Essexian Post. Retrieved 26 December 2020.
- Treaty of Persenburg, given in Persenburg, 12 March 2020
- Império Alemão (4 April 2020). "Treaty of Persenburg shaken diplomatic relations with the Manso (pt)". Vyšehrad Noviny.
- New England Sector charter
- Charter of TOES on Google Docs.
- deadlogothete (3 October 2020) Citizen-Premier Sophia Albina signs Augusta Accord along with several friendly states of the Republic. The Nordale Voice.
- Halcyon Convention
- Valentinus (7 October 2020) "West Sayville ratifies La Salle Convention". Brookside Gazette.
- VandewalGov (9 June 2020) LGBTQ + Rights Treaty.
- "Yaroslav Mar reveals Montediszamble Convention as world's largest micronations sign", Federal Republic of Lostisland, Retrieved 22 November 2020
- Ross, Logan (27 November 2020) Aenopia signs Sough2020 treaty as leading Environmental convention comes to a close. The Aenopian Hour. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- Randouler, Nicholas (May 2020) Monthly MicroWiki Micronationalists Power Index. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (26 April 2020) For you and for all. The Canadian Isabelle - Shrek Super Party manifesto 2020 on Issuu. Curio Publications, p. 4–5.
- Awards. Zed's personal website.
- Smith, Zarel (10 October 2020) Casper von Naveria wins September Micronationalist of the Month award. MicroWeekly.
- MicroWiki:Featured picture/Archive
- In Memorial of Maria Birch.
- Reino de Tovaria [@Reinotovariano] (29 October 2020). Con mucha tristeza informamos el penoso fallecimiento de S.M.C el Rey Raniel I, consecuencia del COVID-19, en las próximas horas asumirá el trono el príncipe heredero, quien reinra bajo el nombre de Raniel II de Tovaria. Paz a su alma. (Tweet). — Via Twitter. (In Spanish)
- Queen DeEtta Death Announcement
- MicroWiki@Discord | Information + Rules (June 24, 2020). Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- Theoretical ranking of positions of power within the MicroWiki community
- Editor, Chief (3 January 2021) MicroWiki statistics from 2020 released – here’s what they revealed. The Essexian Post. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- Lostisland [@LostislandGov] COVID-19 Situational Report in Lostisland as of May 20, 2020 — Facebook. Retrieved 5 December 2020.
- Daily bulletin of Civil Defence service [PDF]. (In Italian)
- Chkya, Babou (14 March 2020) Nova-Occitania confirms its first case of Covid19. Occitanian Sun. Retrieved 14 March 2020.
- MINISTRY OF SOLIDARITIES STATEMENT 2020/5 e-noc. Published on 2 April 2020. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- Adam I (1 March 2020) Adammic government issues coronavirus advice. Adammic Express. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- Haines, Gavin (25 March 2020) How micronations are responding to the coronavirus. Lonely Planet. Retrieved 5 December 2020.
- Whalen, Andrew (10 April 2020) Micronations in the United States Prepare for Coronavirus, Send Messages of Goodwill to the American People. Newsweek. Retrieved 5 December 2020.
- TVT Bregusland (14 March 2020) Protect Yourself From The Coronavirus (PSA) — YouTube. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (16 Mar 2020). "Quorum, 14th March 2020". GUM News. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- Main Page, as it appeared on April Fools' 2020 — Unreadable font called Precursor Alpha Font, and the MicroWiki logo in the corner is slightly titled sideways.
- Empire of Aeternia, The (31 March 2020) MICRONATION TIER LIST REVIEW - Part 2 on YouTube. Retrieved 7 December 2020.
- Template:Users by edit count
- Monthly Most Edits
- 2020 Micronational April Fool’s Report. Orblian Observer. PDF
- Lycon, Jayden (31 March 2020) How to remove new MicroWiki font. Nacre by Cupertino. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Christmas minisode on YouTube.
- See: Film industry in micronationalism
- #2020MOFGames Day 1 – Occitanian Results. Occitanian Sun. Published on 15 February 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (8 June 2020) Micronational Olympic Federation Press Release regarding the continuation of the 2020 Rock Paper Scissors tournament
- Why Occitania should host the 2020 MOF Checkers Tournament?. NovaOccitania.weebly.com, published 8 August 2019.
- Belcher, Adam (11 September 2020) Adammia Games: Waters dominates chess, whilst Simpson wins quiz. Adammic Express.
- Domain Hack on MicroWikiDictionary
- See MicroWikiDictionary
- revision 667417 on page Leon Montan, the first edit to be titled "Deleonfaceization".