Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 21,148 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 123,891 pages and 24,843 articles, of which 66 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
- General election to elect 20 members to the unicameral Parliament of Vishwamitra was successfully conducted following the declaration of results yesterday. This was the first full-time election held in the nation following its transition from a republic to a monarchy last summer...
- Following the 27 February MicroWorkshop 2021, Dracul 1 News has uploaded the workshop onto their YouTube Channel for public viewing. The event was seen as a true success and the speakers showed their appreciation, by providing exceptional presentations.
- 1 Mar - Elections Confirmed for April
- The elections will take place on the 12th of April 2021 (21 Athenion) , and polls open at 7am, and will close at 9pm...
- The National Assembly of the Republic of Yu-Xia has unanimously passed a major piece of legislation, named the Provincial Creation and Autonomy Act, leading to the creation of the first ever province since the foundation of Yu-Xia.
- 20 Feb - Emperor Terry I has been deposed, with Prince James I becoming the new Emperor of the Commonwealth of Essexia
- Emperor Terry has been deposed from office in a sweeping military takeover of the Commonwealth of Essexia. It’s the end of his almost 4-year reign as monarch of the Essexian state.
- The MOF Games B3 2021 have officially been announced by the organization's President, Nicolás Millán, this evening as the organization activates its plan to get esports events rolling out. After months of stagnancy following the death of Former President Nicholas Randouler, the organization took on maintaining his legacy of reviving an age-old micronational tradition...
- 15 Feb - Dracul adopts new original anthem
- Following the completion of a commission project, the new anthem for the Commonwealth of Draul was officially adopted today. This new anthem, which was composed by Jordan Grigg (on behalf of Dracul) and had its lyrics written by President Dmitri Howie, is a fresh new step for the nation...
- For the longest time, Wendatia's constitution was considered by some to be a vague mess. However, this changed on February 8th, 2021. The Congressional House (now the National Assembly) ratified the new constitution, which brought the nation into it's Second Republic...
- 2 Mar - Someone tried to impersonate the Emperor of Karnia-Ruthenia
- 1 Mar - Results of presidential election 2/2021
- 1 Mar - Chez declares war
- 1 Mar - Review of Senate activity of February 2021
- 28 Feb - Back In Lytera - The New Anthem
- 25 Feb - His Majesty Extends Period of Mourning
- 24 Feb - Chez adopts new national anthem
- 24 Feb - Desopolitan Gazette - Volume I, Issue 1
Analysis and opinions
- Home-made Crown Journal 1 March - Queen Beti: the mystery of MicroWiki’s woke provocateur
- Cupertino Alliance 15 Feb - The premier guide for geographical, governmental, and population information for members of the CA. Cupertino Alliance Factbook for February 2021 is out now.
- San Benito Times 1 Feb - The Coup D'etat - An Interview with a Burmese Citizen
- Nordale Voice - 18 Jan - Guest article from New Virginia : Cigarettes and Bourbon – The Bainbridges are traitors to our nation and Constitution
- Royal Gazette of Brienia 14 Jan - (OP-ED) Why is Brienia a theocracy?
- Charles Burgardt 7 Jan - Pan-Sayvillian Unity Day Address
- Pavlov Today 6 Jan - HIM the Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 7529
- Imperial Residence of the Emperor of the Commonwealth of Essexia 3 Jan - Emperor's Speech 2020
The State of Vishwamitra (Hindi: विश्वामित्र राज्य), referred colloquially as Vishwamitra (VH), is a self-proclaimed sovereign state, commonly known as a micronation by external observers. Located in South Asia, it is landlocked almost completely within Guwahati, India. Vishwamitra is a federal elective absolute monarchy, with the Rashtradhyaksh being the absolute monarch. Its population is 80. The capital and the largest city is Rajagriha, which is the national administrative capital of the nation. Vishwamitra has two official languages, English and Hindi, as well as seven scheduled languages; Bengali, Assamese, Nepali, Urdu, Romanian, French and Spanish. The main administrative region of Vishwamitra is its six provinces and the region is termed as the National Territorial Region, which is separated from the Crown Territory of Chandrabans. The nation has three overseas territories, New Holland located in Lincolnshire, New Alamo in San Antonio and Cangun Llus in Northern England. (more...)
Pictured: An image taken in Eastern Jarrahview, Australis, showing the border fence between Australis (left) and Australia (right).
This month in history
- Establishment - Holy Empire of New Israel (1 Mar 2013); Kingdom of Überstadt (6 Mar 2010); Empire of Førvania (10 Mar 2015); Republic of Unicornia (10 Mar 2020); Cheslovian Federation (11 Mar 2003); Zephyrila (18 Mar 1975); Empire of Qootärlænt (20 Mar 2008); Republic of Ultamiya, Democratic Environmental Society of Senya, Communist Republic of Dallingrad (27 Mar 2010).
- Unknown - Civil war breaks out in the Midget Empire (2003).
- 1st - Drew Star Line officially becomes a micronation after Jericho Gilmore's Declaration of Sovereign Intent, reforming the project as the Starland Republic(2007).
- 4th - Black March begins with the declaration of the Somplenese-Molossian War. Other conflicts to break out this month include the Meissner Antifan War, the War over POMHB, and the Altanian War (2009).
- 5th - HM King Declan I appoints Ciaran of Moylurg the third King of Thebes (2010).
- 7th - The Austenasian Civil War breaks out as the Vestry Conference fails in reaching an agreement between Princess Caroline and the government of Emperor Esmond III over the claim of the former to the Austenasian Throne (2010); Declan I of Moylurg unites the Kingdoms of Moylurg, Taklamacan, and Corran into the short-lived Empire of Moylurg, the direct predecessor of the Kingdom of Wilcsland (2010).
- 15th - The Midget Army, with the help of the Word Life Gang, finally defeats the Girly Gang in a battle at the Grove Park, finally ending the First Boys vs Girls War after ten months of conflict (2004).
- 21st - The Zonian Confederacy joins the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco as a group of three provinces known collectively as the Dominion of Zona (2012).
- 22nd - A Treaty of Annexation is signed, giving Austenasia permission to annex South Kilttown the following month (2009).
- 30th - Foreign Secretary of Leylandiistan Fionnbarra Ó Cathail makes a state visit to Lithuania and the Republic of Užupis, a micronation in Lithuania. (2013)
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alledging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?