Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online. Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able and willing to do so make a contribution towards the site's costs so that we may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Political parties in Austenasia
Political parties in the Empire of Austenasia are voluntary associations which have been formed by some politicians to help promote their collective viewpoints within Austenasian politics.
On 14 January 2012, Emperor Declan I gave Imperial Consent to the Political Parties Act 2012. This permitted the creation of officially recognised political parties, which had to be registered with and approved by the Secretary-General. Two days later, the Theodorist Party of Austenasia (TPA) was founded, followed by the Social Democratic Alliance (SDA) on 2 April.
Although the SDA was registered in Austenasia, there were no Austenasians as members, the party having been founded by James von Puchow with the intent of promoting his political views within the Empire. When it became clear that there was no interest in joining the SDA from Austenasians, the party "migrated" to the Federal Republic of Francisville in August 2012. The TPA remained the sole Austenasian party until 20 February 2014, when its leader and founder - now Emperor Jonathan I - passed an Imperial Decree dissolving the party and repealing the Political Parties Act 2012.
Since February 2014, the following has been the Austenasian government's position towards political parties:
|“||The formation of political parties as voluntary associations shall still be permitted so long as they comply with the law, but no formal governmental recognition or registration shall be respectively granted or required.||”|
—XIII Jon. I: Decree on Political Parties (20 February 2014)
- Austenasian Green Party: founded on 13 February 2015, based in Thanasia.
- Austenasian Imperial Party: founded on 22 October 2016 as the effective successor of the Conservative Party, based in Terentia.
- Ionathanopolis Voters Association - Ελευθεροφρόνων: founded on 1 January 2017, based in Ionathanopolis.
- Theodorist Party of Austenasia: founded on 16 January 2012, dissolved on 20 February 2014. Based in Wrythe, but the majority of its 23 members were from the United Kingdom, USA, or Monovia.
- Social Democratic Alliance: founded on 2 April 2012, based in Landashir without any Austenasian members, and became a party of Francisville on 25 August 2012 after no Austenasians joined the party.
- Palasian Left Unity: founded on 9 February 2015 - based in Palasia - and went through four more names before becoming a party of Breckland on 12 May 2015. Predecessor of the Communist Party of Breckland.
- Conservative Party of Austenasia: founded on 13 October 2014 and dissolved on 23 October 2016 by its sole remaining member, who had the previous day founded the Imperial Party.